996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Straight PIPES?!?!?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2004, 08:34 AM
P O R S C H E
KSA Turbo is on a distinguished road
Question Straight PIPES?!?!?

i was wondering how you guys feel about straight pipes? Anyone here has them on there Porsche? another question what is the loudest + HP gain exhaust in the market? i've seen alot and read about many of them from posts FAB FAB FAB so should i go with FAB

Old 03-26-2004, 08:48 AM
P O R S C H E
KSA Turbo is on a distinguished road
RUINER i love the VID

Old 03-26-2004, 08:59 AM
msindi is on a distinguished road
There was an exhaust comparison done a while back by Stephen from Imagine Auto...I think it was in Rennlist...

Old 03-26-2004, 09:34 AM
Orli930 is on a distinguished road
Duane has them. I removed the 100 cell cats and am running hollow cats.

Old 03-26-2004, 09:46 AM
msindi is on a distinguished road
Orli - what ECU you running with no cats?? Any CELs?

Old 03-26-2004, 09:58 AM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by msindi
Orli - what ECU you running with no cats?? Any CELs?
I would think it's only a matter of time before the O2 sensor fries and throws a cell when running with no cats...

Old 03-26-2004, 10:13 AM
I have a GIAC stage 4, which would give me an check engine light when i swapped out the cats. So I spoke to the guys at FVD and they supplied me with a ECU stage 4 that has the O2 sensors disabled or fooled (whatever the case) . That is just a loaner to see how the car runs. Both are very extremly close in performance. The only difference is that with the hollow cats my car now shoots fire!!!!!! I had Evan (AMG ETR) drive my car so I can hear the exhaust and when he floors the car and lets go of the gas...... it shoots flames.

Old 03-26-2004, 10:17 AM
BTW, Sorry for that poor english composition "Very Extremely". I am a college grad. I dont know nothing when it comes to my english skills..............is that a "double negative" ??????

Old 03-26-2004, 10:56 AM
Dabum is an unknown quantity at this point
I love straight pipes.

Watching Sharky's video makes me tingle

Old 03-26-2004, 11:22 AM
Banned
MTBR is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by Orli930
BTW, Sorry for that poor english composition "Very Extremely". I am a college grad. I dont know nothing when it comes to my english skills..............is that a "double negative" ??????
It is just awkward and redundant to say very extremely.

Old 03-26-2004, 04:32 PM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 will become famous soon enoughHamann7 will become famous soon enough
Why don't you guys ask Sharky how his Fabspeed "straight pipes" compared to the Formula Atlantic exhaust on my ex Turbo.

Even with my "mufflers" all the other cars at the Shootout sounded like a Lexus compared to mine. People say that it sounds like the old RSR race cars, which I agree with.

Personally, custom fab is the way to go for me. My entire exhaust system weighed under 20lbs. and even Protomotive admitted that it was a VERY free flowing exhaust system and enabled the Turbos to spool up faster and produce more power.

I don't know why people on this board are afraid to think 'outside the box' and try some custom **** as opposed to buying the same boring tuner parts or "Stage 1 to X packages."

Old 03-26-2004, 10:53 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
I so want to go catless and run leaded... I'll even drive a Prius one day a week to make up for it.

For the shoot out we were worried that they would drive on the street and so Stephen and Kevin said my straight pipes were too ghetto and loud (true inside) so I actually ran with mufflers. I would say we are both about as loud only yours sounds like dentist drill (zero clearance) and yours like a John Deer (Garret turbos) hehe.

On full throttle on the track as it whizzed by it just sounded like a Porsche should. Nice one...

Old 03-27-2004, 04:44 AM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 will become famous soon enoughHamann7 will become famous soon enough
My mufflers were much quieter than they used to be. Todd at Protomotive somehow made them quieter prior to the shootout.

And no way was your car as loud as mine. Don't you remember when people were running away from the dyno when my car hit the rollers?

Well, to each his own... but I still think the "Toyota Atlantic" exhaust system is better than the Fabspeed straight pipes. Not the least because I bet I could shoot bigger flames than you!!!

Old 03-27-2004, 04:49 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Hamann7
My mufflers were much quieter than they used to be. Todd at Protomotive somehow made them quieter prior to the shootout.

And no way was your car as loud as mine. Don't you remember when people were running away from the dyno when my car hit the rollers?

Well, to each his own... but I still think the "Toyota Atlantic" exhaust system is better than the Fabspeed straight pipes. Not the least because I bet I could shoot bigger flames than you!!!
'
It's gonna sound louder on the dyno with the walls etc.. but there's no doubting yours was loud... I've gone deaf so I'm probably not the best judge.. Let's just say we are BOTH ghettofabulous Your flames are bigger than mine. Darn cats

PS Toyota Atlantic exhausts are the bomb!

Old 03-27-2004, 04:53 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
sharkster,

I have a question. I haven't heard Tyson's car that he had at the shoot out, so I have nothing to compare with. You have heard Tyson's and mine. What are the differences?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Straight PIPES?!?!?