996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Fine tuned EVO/Imagine GT2 Tuning - Killer Angel, move to the right lane

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2004, 02:28 PM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
Thumbs up Fine tuned EVO/Imagine GT2 Tuning - Pulls like a bat outta hell

Evo/Imagine(Todd and STeven) came up again to fine tune the GT2. The problem they identified was a dip in HP/TQ in midrange due to afr, boost, and some other parameters, and a couple of mechanical tweaks.

The car is insane. Steady traction loss in 1 thru 3rd, and 4th chirp.
It just pulls like a Mother*****er
I have to say the service level is unparalelled.

BTW - this is at 1.3 spiked, and 1.2 mostly.
Dyno here:

I know , I know..... I am scheduling to get the rods done, and high flow injectors, although the AFR is pretty good for now.

Old 04-02-2004, 02:33 PM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 will become famous soon enoughHamann7 will become famous soon enough
How is this faster than KA?

I don't agree with the engineering approach to the Stage 4GT in general, but to each his own.

Old 04-02-2004, 02:39 PM
J.Moss is on a distinguished road
That is really a kick *** dyno plot! Congradulations!

Why does everyone seem to think that they need rods at these power levels? Has ANYONE actually failed one?

Jeff

Old 04-02-2004, 02:43 PM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
Originally posted by Hamann7
How is this faster than KA?

I don't agree with the engineering approach to the Stage 4GT in general, but to each his own.
I have heard nothing but great reviews of Protomotive. The California thing is just killing me. Reality is...including scheduling shipping, we're talking 2mo down time. Not possible at this time, as I love driving it often.

Garret was sending files back and fourth to get the right program for this GT2.

Old 04-02-2004, 03:28 PM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 will become famous soon enoughHamann7 will become famous soon enough
Well, I must say that is great support.

Old 04-02-2004, 04:06 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
that's a whole lotta torque

Old 04-02-2004, 04:15 PM
996TTR will become famous soon enough996TTR will become famous soon enough
Shank,

Where you there when they dynoed my car? I hope it is running as well as yours. We have to run them this coming week.

Old 04-02-2004, 04:25 PM
john stephanus is on a distinguished road
Shank,

Refresh my memory...just what have you done in mods to your motor. Nice TQ curve!!

Old 04-02-2004, 04:33 PM
996turbo will become famous soon enough
600+ HP....Dang!!!!!! Just might break down and make the call to Todd.

Old 04-02-2004, 05:58 PM
john stephanus is on a distinguished road
Okay...I'm confused. How do you get a chassis dyno sheet that shows the flywheel HP and TQ?

Old 04-02-2004, 06:03 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Good for you Shank. BTW, do you have PM notification enabled?

Old 04-02-2004, 06:16 PM
ryan has a spectacular aura aboutryan has a spectacular aura aboutryan has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by john stephanus
Okay...I'm confused. How do you get a chassis dyno sheet that shows the flywheel HP and TQ?
yeah, whats weird.
explain please

Old 04-02-2004, 07:19 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
Well, I am back in Kansas and honestly dead tired!! Spent the earlier part of the week in David's brothers garage and the later part on the dyno with Ryan's and David's car. David's car was done a Mustang and the GTII on the dynojet.

David, your car fishtails through 2nd and third. First gear is pretty useless, sorry I look forward to hearing your impressions when you come back.

It was great to see you guys-Lou and Ryan. Next time we come up, call me when it is warmer would ya It is still near 70 here. 45 is too cold!

Old 04-02-2004, 07:30 PM
rmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of light
Is this with race gas?

Stephen,
What can you get on the GT2 w/o the turbo change and 93 octane?

Old 04-02-2004, 07:54 PM
J.Moss is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by Kevin
Jeff, the understood limit to the factory rod is 650 flywheel HP.. Rods are the same as the 993TT and they tend to pinch the rod bearings.. Why wait to have it happened when it has already... Borrowed Time..

Hi Kevin,

More power or more pressure per cycle is a compressive load on the rod. Meaning it will load up the beam. Not necessarily the cap and not the bolt.

RPM's put a really high load on the bolts and cap. This is why a boosted motor is actually less hard on rod than a 9000 rpm N/A motor.

Also has to do with torque (power per cycle). So if you a motor that makes 600 ft/lbs at 2000 rpm's it is a much higher load on the rod than the same torque at 4000 rpms.

Bye.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fine tuned EVO/Imagine GT2 Tuning - Killer Angel, move to the right lane