996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

KPV996TT Starship Enterprise Electronic Installation Finally Disclosed

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 04-04-2004, 07:30 PM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
KPV996TT Top Secret Electronic Installation Finally Disclosed

Well, it is finally done. It is funny how things work. I agonized for months over how I could accomplish what I was trying to achieve. Just the other day I had a revelation!!
I was stuck thinking UP>DOWN and should have been thinking SIDE>SIDE.
So, what took months to engineer, was scrapped in five minutes for a better design. It just goes to show, a little planning can go a long way!!!

So, without further adieu…….I present the KPV996TT Electronic Command Center (aka…Gumball3000 Stealth Turbo)!!!

Electronic Command Center:
The head unit plays DVD’s, CD’s and MP3’s. The LCD screen can display one of three things:
  1. Navigation Maps
  2. DVD video
  3. Camcorder input (typically a view out the front windshield)
Behind the screen resides a Uniden BCT-7 Mobile Police Scanner and a K40 CB Radio. Oh, and don’t forget the V1 remote display at the bottom of the dash pod.

I got these ideas when I was in the 2002 Gumball3000 as I was trying to devise a more stealthy car.

Camcorder connections:
I have to give credit to FredTTX50 for this one. When I saw his installation, I loved it!!! I made a few modifications to his design and integrated into my system.

Sound System:
I posted some of the basic sound system aspects a while back but here they are with some additional ones as well.

Now don’t get me wrong here!! This project took a long time to plan out, construct and install. Some would be faint of heart if they were to see their car during the installation process. Since I have done this kind of thing before, it wasn’t too big of a stretch for me. YIKES!!

Last edited by KPV; 08-11-2006 at 11:21 AM.
Old 04-04-2004, 07:30 PM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice

Old 04-04-2004, 07:31 PM
KPV

Bose vs. Focal

Last edited by KPV; 04-04-2004 at 07:33 PM.
Old 04-04-2004, 07:36 PM
KPV
Sorry about that fifth picture. It was late, after our all day, rainy meet and I was tired.

Old 04-04-2004, 07:53 PM
AeroTT is on a distinguished road
Ken,

That is freaking amazing!!

How long did it take you to install everything??

Old 04-04-2004, 08:07 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
i saw the slick install today and I was speechless - I have never seen anything so perfect -

Old 04-04-2004, 08:52 PM
MJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud of
the name is Bond...KPV Bond....

Old 04-04-2004, 09:11 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Ver nice Ken.

Old 04-04-2004, 09:13 PM
Greyghost is on a distinguished road
Now you just need a Bond chic to fondle all those electronics and say "ohhh Mr. KPV Bond, I'm so impressed with your handwork."

Old 04-04-2004, 09:15 PM
Frosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud of
What, that's one of the stealthiest installs i've seen. Very nice work. Awesome new speakers too.

Old 04-04-2004, 09:33 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Wow Ken...very James Bondesque!!! Which I had that set up today...Perhaps it would have helped me prevent my law enforcement situation today...Fortunatley, there is a six speed member that may be able to help my situation...Sadly, due to my driving indescretion last May and my newly added indescretion today, the combination of both may put my ability to participate in upcoming meets in jeopardy at least for now, since spirited driving at these meets may provide an unacceptable risk to my future driving privaleges...Bottom line, I may need to chill out to avoid any risk of getting new tickets...at least for now....

Last edited by rockitman; 04-04-2004 at 09:40 PM.
Old 04-04-2004, 09:56 PM
Banned
Chordate is an unknown quantity at this point
That sucks man... how fast were you going over the speed limit?

Old 04-04-2004, 10:22 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by mehrabani1
That sucks man... how fast were you going over the speed limit?
Not to pirate Ken's thread...26 over posted limit...

Nuff said...

Old 04-04-2004, 10:52 PM
P O R S C H E
KSA Turbo is on a distinguished road
Oh my god. Great work. you have everything you need in that car all your missing is a fax machine. SUPER

Old 04-04-2004, 11:48 PM
Rodis is on a distinguished road
Ken
Thats what I mean, everytime I see pics of your car, it always looks better and better. All I have to say is WOW. Now the screen slides side to side in view mode and then when centered it presses flush with the rest of the dash? WOW

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: KPV996TT Starship Enterprise Electronic Installation Finally Disclosed