996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Carrera GT photos/philadelphia area

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2004, 07:07 PM
FAST3 is on a distinguished road
Carrera GT photos/philadelphia area

I managed to get these photos the minute before the showroom closed today. The CGT is sooo much better in person than pictures!!! .. I couldn't believe how perfect it was.
I just realized that there's a post about this a few threads below. Anyways, here's some pic's.

Old 04-05-2004, 07:12 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Looks like a very futuristic 911 (which it is)

Old 04-05-2004, 07:22 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Porsche made a slam dunk on that one...I would take it over an Enzo any day....

Old 04-05-2004, 07:31 PM
GO 6SPEED!
DEETZ is on a distinguished road
I'll take the enzo and sell it for 2 CGT

Old 04-05-2004, 07:32 PM
Banned
Chordate is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by DEETZ
I'll take the enzo and sell it for 2 CGT
You could probobly get three...

Old 04-05-2004, 07:41 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by mehrabani1
You could probobly get three...
Not when the CGT can get 300-400K over msrp...

Besides it is superior in both build quality and reliability with performance figures on about par with each other. It will be interesting to see a head to head test in all performance categories. I put my money on the CGT winning the most points overall...

Old 04-05-2004, 08:24 PM
FAST3 is on a distinguished road
It's crazy to say, but I think I'd take the CGT over the Enzo. Looks and price alone. And I am a die hard Enzo fan too.

Old 04-05-2004, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by FAST3
It's crazy to say, but I think I'd take the CGT over the Enzo. Looks and price alone. And I am a die hard Enzo fan too.

I agree, nothing wrong with an Enzo...But if you really look at it, the Enzo is just an extension of a dated design philosophy (can't believe I'm saying that...)...The CGT really looks state of the art and seems to be the perfect balance of technology, form and function...Man, I want one!!!!

Old 04-05-2004, 08:46 PM
GO 6SPEED!
DEETZ is on a distinguished road
everyone wants one!! I heard there are only 100 left to order and Porsche will not make more than 1.5k?

Old 04-05-2004, 11:40 PM
Dabum is an unknown quantity at this point
if I've said it once Ill say it again

(dont ban me )

I love the CGT, I think its a great sounding and looking car, but for the price, I'd rather a Zonda

Old 04-06-2004, 12:14 AM
werksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to behold
[QUOTE]Originally posted by rockitman
[B]Not when the CGT can get 300-400K over msrp...

Besides it is superior in both build quality and reliability with performance figures on about par with each other.

..Hey Rockitman, can you expand on your statement?
Understand I'm NOT disagreeing or making a complaint, but neither car has been out long enuf to make a statement about them being reliable, have they?
I wonder how Tim Allen, with his C-GT and its oil leak, feels about the cars reliablility?

I thought the Enzo was pretty exotic looking, UNTIL I saw one at the POC Tribute to LeMans at Willow Springs last year.
Then I just thought it was different is all.

Scott

Old 04-06-2004, 12:17 AM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
[QUOTE]Originally posted by werksracer
[B]
Originally posted by rockitman
Not when the CGT can get 300-400K over msrp...

Besides it is superior in both build quality and reliability with performance figures on about par with each other.

Understand I'm NOT disagreeing or making a complaint, but neither car has been out long enuf to make a statement about them being reliable, have they?
I wonder how Tim Allen, with his C-GT and its oil leak, feels about the cars reliablility?

I thought the Enzo was pretty exotic looking, UNTIL I saw one at the POC Tribute to LeMans at Willow Springs last year.

Scott
I dunno, I am a diehard Porsche fan but would take the Enzo over the CGT anyday, anywhere, anyhow.

Lou

Old 04-06-2004, 05:46 AM
Originally posted by werksracer

Scott
True, the jury is still out on the reliability/build quality, however Ferrari has been shown to not hold up very well for activities such as tracking...Based on Porsche's track record, one could reasonably assume that the CGT will not experience those problems under similar conditions...No question...the Enzo is exoxtic looking, but so is the CGT. I am confident that the CGT will be shown that it's a much better value in the long run for it's reliablity and maintenance cost. Resale on the Enzo may be better whether it's it's warranted or not...particularly since it will it is produced in much smaller quantities...If I was given the choice of either one, it would be a very difficult decision. In the end I would probably take the CGT for more convenient and less frequent service requirements. I still think it will have better performance data on the hole. It will definately surpass Ferrari in the skid pad for lateral G's. I base that conclusion on the fact that the Enzo can only pull slightly more than my GT3. Enzo 1.12, GT3 1.04 g's if my memory serves me correctly...1.12 vs 1.04 may not be considered slight by some....

EDIT: My memory did not serve me well. Incorrect g #'s posted above...corrected in post below...

Last edited by rockitman; 04-06-2004 at 09:03 AM.
Old 04-06-2004, 07:43 AM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
"I still think it will have better performance data on the hole. It will definately surpass Ferrari in the skid pad for lateral G's."

don't know about the skipad, but the CGT was pulling 1.35 and 1.4 around a track in a magazine competition between the CGT and Zonda.

Old 04-06-2004, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by ben, lj
"I still think it will have better performance data on the hole. It will definately surpass Ferrari in the skid pad for lateral G's."

don't know about the skipad, but the CGT was pulling 1.35 and 1.4 around a track in a magazine competition between the CGT and Zonda.
Those numbers appear to be significantly higher than the Enzo

Car & Driver: Roadholding, 200-ft-dia skidpad: 1.05 g
Road & Track: Lateral accel (200-ft skidpad): 1.01 g

I mis-quoted the 2004 996 GT3. It did .95 g

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Carrera GT photos/philadelphia area