996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

BLACKED OUT headlights?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 02:08 AM
996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute
Looks good but hard to tell, need a picture taken in daylight also.

Think keeping the area with the beam unpainted is the way to go, something similar to a 997 look like you say, plus you would not be interfering with any beam.

Old 05-01-2008, 07:53 AM
Chris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond repute
looks good, i wonder what they look like with the reflector bowl still chrome..

Old 05-01-2008, 08:42 AM
evoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Chris Green
looks good, i wonder what they look like with the reflector bowl still chrome..
This is exactly what I am going to do. It will take a few weeks but I will post em up once I get them done.

Dean, It looks great! Your 996 is hot! Great job and tell evodave I am next!

Old 05-01-2008, 08:45 AM
ebcarrera is a name known to allebcarrera is a name known to allebcarrera is a name known to allebcarrera is a name known to allebcarrera is a name known to allebcarrera is a name known to all
I Like It...

Wow, to me that looks way better than stock! Nice job. I'm definitely going to do this.

Old 05-01-2008, 10:33 AM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
sweeeeeet. Can't wait to see variations and the finished product.

Old 05-01-2008, 11:49 AM
AboxsterS is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by aaronchanfilms
sweeeeeet. Can't wait to see variations and the finished product.
+1 on SWEEEETTTT!! I too cant wait to see variations of it especially on silver cars.

I too am thinking of keeping the area chrome and then painting the rest either grey or black...should look interesting on my Sabrina

Old 05-01-2008, 11:55 PM
evo911 is a jewel in the roughevo911 is a jewel in the roughevo911 is a jewel in the roughevo911 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by evoviiiyou
This is exactly what I am going to do. It will take a few weeks but I will post em up once I get them done.

Dean, It looks great! Your 996 is hot! Great job and tell evodave I am next!
cool deal see ya monday bro

Old 05-05-2008, 07:42 PM
z8cw is infamous around these parts
keep us posted

Tks

Old 05-06-2008, 10:00 AM
evoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to behold
Well I dropped my 996 Seal Grey of yesterday and it should be a couple of weeks...I am having the entire outside chrome area(including the fog area) seal grey...the clear ring with the turn light will be smoked and then the inside of the of the light area will be left silverish. The circle chrome plug will also be seal grey. I am also getting the front spoiler, side skirts, and rear diffuser seal grey. Also the rear bumps on bumper will be body matched and some sweet HRE P40's flat black! Oh also a nice window tint as well....I cant wait!

Old 05-06-2008, 10:02 AM
villains_turbo is a jewel in the roughvillains_turbo is a jewel in the roughvillains_turbo is a jewel in the rough
Well I dropped my 996 Seal Grey of yesterday and it should be a couple of weeks...I am having the entire outside chrome area(including the fog area) seal grey...the clear ring with the turn light will be smoked and then the inside of the of the light area will be left silverish. The circle chrome plug will also be seal grey. I am also getting the front spoiler, side skirts, and rear diffuser seal grey. Also the rear bumps on bumper will be body matched and some sweet HRE P40's flat black! Oh also a nice window tint as well....I cant wait!
Sweet - you gotta post some pics of that when your done. I'm eager to see.

Old 05-06-2008, 10:26 AM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
I think seal grey is going to turn out realllll nice. cant wait!

Old 05-06-2008, 10:58 AM
Oh I forgot to mention that I am having the top (clear) portion of the rear lights smoked as well. And yes I plan on doing a nice photo shoot when she gets done!

Old 05-06-2008, 11:46 AM
RiA
RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !
Oh I forgot to mention that I am having the top (clear) portion of the rear lights smoked as well. And yes I plan on doing a nice photo shoot when she gets done!

Great - sounds like it will be smokin'

Old 05-06-2008, 04:35 PM
ebcarrera is a name known to allebcarrera is a name known to allebcarrera is a name known to allebcarrera is a name known to allebcarrera is a name known to allebcarrera is a name known to all
Definitely keep us posted. Would love to see it complete.

Old 05-09-2008, 01:08 PM
AboxsterS is infamous around these parts
Any updates? New pics? New versions?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: BLACKED OUT headlights?