996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Code 5525

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 06:33 PM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
Code 5525

Has anyone ever gotten this DME code (5525) and know how to fix it? It has disabled my PSM and ABS and can not be reset with the scan tool.

Any comments would be much apprecaited.

Old 07-15-2007, 06:54 PM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
Uh...don't know of a fault code starting with 5:

Fault Types
Type 1 Signal implausible/implausible operating range/malfunction
Type 2 Open circuit/no signal
Type 3 Short to ground/below lower limit/lean mixture threshold
Type 4 Short to B+/above upper limit/rich mixture threshold

Note: M150 is for required for the following countries - Russia, Cyprus, Brazil, Equador, Middle East (for all connected markets), Costa Rica, Venezuela, Columbia, Peru, Mexico, and China

Check Engine MIL
0 Function deactivated
1 CE is flashing, fault damaging to TWC
2 CE is on, emission relevant fault
3 CE is on after 2 driving cycles
6 CE is off, emission relevant fault 7 Fault caused by short test
11 Fuel supply fault, CE is on after 2 driving cycles, higher freeze frame priority
30 CE is on after 3 driving cycles
31 CE is on after 3 driving cycles with misfires
33 Fuel supply fault, CE is on after 3 driving cycles, higher freeze frame priority
* In the event of misfiring faults, the fault types have a different meaning.
Fault type 1: Emission relevant fault after start-up
Fault type 3: Emission relevant fault during the journey
Fault type 4: Fault damaging to TWC

** In the event of oxygen sensor faults, the fault types have a different meaning.
Fault type 1: All electrical faults (open circuit, short to B+ or ground) lead to this fault output
Fault type 2: Injection of oxygen sensor heating into the sensor signal
Fault type 3: Oxygen sensor aging fault, sensor dynamics
Fault type 4: Oxygen sensor aging fault, sensor contamination, characteristic shift

Old 07-16-2007, 06:51 AM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
Thanks for the comments and information.

Not often are the fault codes over 2000+ But for DME or non engine related they can go this high. Not having the ABS and PSM is kind of a pain.

Old 07-16-2007, 07:27 AM
kris is on a distinguished road
COuld be a blown MAF sensor or a boost leak.

Old 07-16-2007, 07:52 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Blown MAF

I understand that there have been reports of air mass sensor failures (fault code "5525") leading to anti-lock braking system (ABS) and Porsche stability management (PSM) failures.

The on board computer screen may read "ABS failure - Drive to workshop" or "PSM failure - Drive to workshop".

This was from the PCA tech forum.

Old 07-16-2007, 01:20 PM
MX RACER is on a distinguished road
Both times my maf blew the abs and psm lights came on.. The car still seemed to run fine, but the dealer said it was the maf and the maf fixed it..

Old 07-16-2007, 02:09 PM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
I had a similar problem and it turned out to be the throttle body. I replaced it and the lights cleared and PSM and ABS worked again.

Old 07-16-2007, 07:12 PM
Thanks for all the comments guys. I will replace the MAF and see what happens. I just have a hard time thinking it is the MAf because it is running crazy good like it always does.

I'll let you know if that does the trick or not.

Old 07-16-2007, 07:13 PM
Originally Posted by buddyg
Blown MAF

I understand that there have been reports of air mass sensor failures (fault code "5525") leading to anti-lock braking system (ABS) and Porsche stability management (PSM) failures.

The on board computer screen may read "ABS failure - Drive to workshop" or "PSM failure - Drive to workshop".

This was from the PCA tech forum.
That is exactly what is says so like my other post said I will give the MAF a try. Thanks for the comment!!!

Old 07-16-2007, 07:23 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MX RACER
Both times my maf blew the abs and psm lights came on.. The car still seemed to run fine, but the dealer said it was the maf and the maf fixed it..
Probably a MAF. Do you have an after market intake?

The car seems to run fine with blown MAF (sometimes), but most of the time it is running rich as a failsafe. Running for extended periods can cause catalytic failure and carbon buildup in the engine (in severe cases).

Your catalytic is basically an oven that burns unburned fuel, running rich burns up the oven....

Old 07-16-2007, 07:28 PM
Originally Posted by ari
Probably a MAF. Do you have an after market intake?

The car seems to run fine with blown MAF (sometimes), but most of the time it is running rich as a failsafe. Running for extended periods can cause catalytic failure and carbon buildup in the engine (in severe cases).

Your catalytic is basically an oven that burns unburned fuel, running rich burns up the oven....
Yea I have the EVO intake with a non-oiled filter. This is the original MAf with 30,000+ miles so maybe it is just due?

Old 07-24-2007, 09:53 AM
The replacement of the MAF cleared the code. No more problems.

Old 07-31-2007, 07:38 PM
Al Pettee is a jewel in the roughAl Pettee is a jewel in the roughAl Pettee is a jewel in the roughAl Pettee is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Gunther
Thanks for all the comments guys. I will replace the MAF and see what happens. I just have a hard time thinking it is the MAf because it is running crazy good like it always does.

I'll let you know if that does the trick or not.
I blew the MAF on mine last summer with the EVO stage 4/600 package (ABS and PSM failure/CEL lighted up too), and I thought mine was faster afterwards also. Replacing the MAF (same Bosch piece) rectified that and it has held this summer on the GT700 upgrade.

Old 07-31-2007, 07:48 PM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
Are these blown MAF's a result of power mods or something else?

Old 07-31-2007, 07:52 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
did you try a throttle body alignment?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Code 5525