996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

FVD 996TT Programming

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 08:03 PM
Dirty Mac is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ari
Now get some upgraded wastegates. You haven't seen anything yet. The muddy feel will be replaced by much crisper throttle response, more midrange torque and you'll hold 1.2 BAR to redline.

Do you have an exhaust? I strongly recommend it as well.
More mid range torque? I like the sound of that.

What gets upgraded in the wastegates? Are the wastegates controlled by the ECU? Do you mean the turbo lag when you talk about the muddy feel?

And yes, I have the FVD Export exhaust. and she's very loud...in a good way!

Old 08-03-2007, 08:51 PM
Turbohead is just really niceTurbohead is just really niceTurbohead is just really niceTurbohead is just really nice
I have the FVD 575 program with k16/hybrids, billet WGs , ported stock headers,GT2 Ics , Vflow intake, Fabspeed exhaust.
I havn't dynoed yet but car feels amazing. The FVD program is outstanding for smoothness and response.....Ilke it and the new system looks really easy.
just o2s

Old 08-03-2007, 08:57 PM
dublinoh is infamous around these partsdublinoh is infamous around these parts
I am also interested, does the flash change if you have tiptronic trans. (04 X50), can you still raise the red line to 7000? Do I need to find a dealer? or this is done at home online was my understanding. Thanks

Old 08-03-2007, 09:15 PM
Dirty Mac is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by dublinoh
I am also interested, does the flash change if you have tiptronic trans. (04 X50), can you still raise the red line to 7000? Do I need to find a dealer? or this is done at home online was my understanding. Thanks
Don't know about the tip questions but its totally an at home project. All you have to do is install the program onto your laptop, use the included cable to attach the computer to the OBD port and let it run. It's then going to send a file to FVD Germany and they will send back a program for your car custom tailored to the upgrades you have. Then you run the program to backup the existing program and install the new one. I believe you can switch back and forth between the old and new programs for warranty issues and to just compare between the two. I'm not sure how long it would take to get the new file because Flo got on the phone for me and had them work on it right away but the beauty of this system is that there is no down time like you would have if you had to send in the DME.

Old 08-05-2007, 05:53 PM
Zuma 911 has a spectacular aura aboutZuma 911 has a spectacular aura about
FVD Programming on-sale

I just found this FVD Programming on sale on Ebay (140145046625) for $200 less than FVD direct...so I've gotta pull the trigger and get it. Thats $1395 from Speed Design. I hope it's the same as getting it from FVD....they say it is. With the $200 I save, it'll offset some of the cost's for the diverters I need. Looks like I am crossing the line into Mod-land, the place where you never find enough Hp.

Old 08-07-2007, 10:27 AM
FVD-USA is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Zuma 911
I just found this FVD Programming on sale on Ebay (140145046625) for $200 less than FVD direct...so I've gotta pull the trigger and get it. Thats $1395 from Speed Design. I hope it's the same as getting it from FVD
Speed Design had one program which was offered at a discounted rate. This program is no longer available, however programming is still offered thru FVD-USA, Speed Design, or any other of our partners for the currently listed price of $1595 USD.

Old 08-07-2007, 10:52 AM
Updated Q&A

What if I purchase upgrades that require a software upgrade thru another tuner?
FVD will offer a program upgrade for 50% off retail, if you had previously purchased the software thru us.

Does FVD have an exchange program for turbos?
We offer discounts (nearly 50% off retail) on brand new (not remanufractured) K24/26 race turbos if K24 (x50's) are used as an exhange core. Contact FVD directly for more information on our exchange program.

Will your programming work on my Tiptronic (X50), can redline be increased to 7000?
Tiptronic programming and an increase in redline is not a problem!

Does your flash load include a BMC filter?
While our level 1 kit does, our flash load program pricing is for the software upgrad only. The filter is avail thru FVD at a retail price of $197 USD.

Do you have numbers that compare to other programmers (GIAC, REVO)?
In order not to start a tuner war, no I do not have comparison figures. However, our response to this thread and our programming has been extremly positive. I STRONGLY ENCOURAGE all the 6 speeders who have purchased programming thru us since the start of this thread to post their opinions. The team at FVD is working hard to branch out into new markets and open the eyes and minds of Porsche owners who not to long ago, might have dismissed FVD as a serious tuner. All we have in response to this is - Don't follow the pack anymore- Lead it.

Old 08-07-2007, 10:55 AM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
curious, how many different programs do you have for the k24/26 racing turbos?

Old 08-07-2007, 11:26 AM
Originally Posted by oak
curious, how many different programs do you have for the k24/26 racing turbos?
We offer a few different programs depending on which "level" tuning you considering. To name a few we offer:
Level 3 tuning with turbos and exhaust (540hp-561ft/lbs)
Level 4 with above and intake distributor (575hp-575ft/lbs)
Level 5 with 3.8 L piston/cylinder conversion (575hp-635ft/lbs)

We also offer programming for our 996 turbo camshafts.

Old 08-07-2007, 11:54 AM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
let's say you have level 3 and install the intake do you have to reprogram? or like you say it's adaptative ecu and no program update is involved? or if there is what do you charge for upgrade program?
thanks.

Old 08-07-2007, 12:12 PM
Originally Posted by oak
let's say you have level 3 and install the intake do you have to reprogram? or like you say it's adaptative ecu and no program update is involved? or if there is what do you charge for upgrade program?
thanks.
If a change is made to the vehicle such as a level 3 with k24/26 turbos and you steped up to an intake distributor, programming would not need to be changed. If a major component change is made, such as going from a level 3 with k24's to a level 3 with k24/26 race turbos, or the addition of camshafts or a 3.8 conversion, then software would need to be changed. If the upgrades were purchased thru us, program update is free, if you buy it from someone else, 50% off retail if you purchased a program before thru us at regular price.

Old 08-07-2007, 12:14 PM
oak
ah ok that what I thought, do you recommend a 5 bar fpr with the stage 3 and 4?

Old 08-07-2007, 12:24 PM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by oak
ah ok that what I thought, do you recommend a 5 bar fpr with the stage 3 and 4?
Yes they do

Old 08-07-2007, 12:27 PM
When running the k24/26's I would recommend a 5 bar fuel press reg. It comes bundled with our level kits and all the components, including programming, are designed to work in concert with each other taking into account the increased demands of the 24/26's .

Old 08-07-2007, 12:27 PM
Thanks Evan- Beat me to it

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: FVD 996TT Programming