996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

FVD 996TT Programming

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 08:33 AM
DAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to behold
mark, I'm still not sure that I necessarily fully agree, but I certianly appreciate you taking the time to respond so extensively.

thanks
dave

Old 08-21-2007, 10:02 PM
porschedude996T is just really niceporschedude996T is just really niceporschedude996T is just really niceporschedude996T is just really niceporschedude996T is just really nice
Simple question that may have been over looked. Can you flash back and forth from OEM and Customized as many times as I want?

Old 08-21-2007, 10:55 PM
Zuma 911 has a spectacular aura aboutZuma 911 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by porschedude996T
Simple question that may have been over looked. Can you flash back and forth from OEM and Customized as many times as I want?
When you get your tune file, you also get your EOM tune file. I burned both files to a CD and keep it with the FVD software. You can switch back and forth, but I have heard there is a limit, that number is 6 I believe,but I am not 100 percent certain of that. I would suspect if you needed to go more than 6, FVD would be helpful, as I have found them very user friendly. For me, the FVD flash has been a great, easy, and noticable hp enchancement .
I have no affiliation with FVD..fwiw.

Old 08-22-2007, 07:50 AM
DAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to behold
There are no limites to the number of times the ROM can be flashed with different files, beyond the limits of the chip itself, which is about 100 or so times before they become unstable. The limit you speak of is the number of times the security/immobilzer can be reset for different cars. Your ecu can only be reprogrammed to be switched to 6 different vehicles. Actually I think its 7...but whatever.

Old 08-22-2007, 08:22 AM
porschedude996T is just really niceporschedude996T is just really niceporschedude996T is just really niceporschedude996T is just really niceporschedude996T is just really nice
The reason I ask about how many times is due to the polution controls today here in california. How about detection by the smog inspection natzi's? Can the flash changes be detected?

Old 08-22-2007, 09:52 AM
Turbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond repute
I was just told by GMG that in CA the smog guys will not know during a test if you have programming changes.....

Chris

Old 08-22-2007, 07:25 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by John D

You know - those are the fastest k16/24's on 6-speed...
Quickest...not fastest!

Old 08-22-2007, 07:35 PM
John D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to behold
I wonder who had the fastest ones?

Old 08-22-2007, 08:00 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by John D
I wonder who had the fastest ones?
Not sure...some cool guy I think...

Old 08-23-2007, 05:59 AM
The softronic software FVD uses is supposed to be undetectable by Porsche, Smog, and everybody else except Softronic who does PCA testing as well...

Even a PIWIS won't see it...

At least thats what Softronic says....

dw

Old 08-23-2007, 06:25 AM
nerdhotrod is infamous around these partsnerdhotrod is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by DAVE W
The softronic software FVD uses is supposed to be undetectable by Porsche, Smog, and everybody else except Softronic who does PCA testing as well...

Even a PIWIS won't see it...

At least thats what Softronic says....

dw
Do you know if it resets the flash counter in the ecu?

Old 08-23-2007, 10:08 AM
Originally Posted by ari
Now get some upgraded wastegates. You haven't seen anything yet. The muddy feel will be replaced by much crisper throttle response, more midrange torque and you'll hold 1.2 BAR to redline.

Do you have an exhaust? I strongly recommend it as well.
Could someone clairify what is meant here. I thought the Waste Gates were in the turbine housing. Are we talking about the wastegate actuator (Pod, bracket and Rod)???

Old 08-23-2007, 11:57 AM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by porschedude996T
Could someone clairify what is meant here. I thought the Waste Gates were in the turbine housing. Are we talking about the wastegate actuator (Pod, bracket and Rod)???
Yes, you got it. People just call them upgraded wastegates for short.

Old 08-23-2007, 06:59 PM
sdorn is infamous around these parts
I just want to make sure I understand the original post. I can take my completely stock 996TT that makes 415hp and flash it with this program and it will make 490hp with no actual modifications other than the reprogramming?

Old 08-24-2007, 03:11 PM
scoobyc is infamous around these parts
Question

Originally Posted by sdorn
I just want to make sure I understand the original post. I can take my completely stock 996TT that makes 415hp and flash it with this program and it will make 490hp with no actual modifications other than the reprogramming?
thats right for a usa car but whether you can do it to for a uk or european one, nobodys answered me yet

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: FVD 996TT Programming