996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

FVD 996TT Programming

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 03:15 PM
FVD-USA is on a distinguished road
FVD 996TT Programming

Don’t follow the pack anymore- LEAD IT!

FVD-Brombacher is proud to introduce our new flash load ECU upgrade, making do-it-yourself at home ECU tuning for all late model Porsche vehicles a reality. In conjunction with our Flash load programming roll out, FVD has reduced the price our 996 turbo programming to
$1,595. Unlike the competition, this price also covers X50 and GT2 model programming, which costs nearly an additional $1000 dollars for these applications.
Our Windows® based software is a simple, computer guided experience that requires hardly any user input and little more than a computer with an internet connection.
Our program allows users to input performance upgrades already installed on the vehicle which enables FVD-Brombacher to custom tune a program to suit individual requirements. Whether your vehicle is completely stock or heavily modified FVD-Brombacher has a program for you! FVD-Brombacher’s flash load software also allows customers the ability to flash their ECU back to stock anytime using the same software and supplied cable. FVD-Brombacher offers a 14-day money back guarantee on our software upgrades and free program updates should the customer decide to step performance with one of our level kit options. Level kits are companion parts designed to work seamlessly in concert with our tuning software to maximize your Porsche’s performance. Contact FVD-Brombacher for further information regarding our programming or any of our vehicle specific level kit options and find out why more and more enthusiasts choose to put our passion into their Porsche!

FVD 996 100 51 996 Turbo Level 1 (490HP / 542LB FT)

996 TT:
Stock (6 speed):
Max. Power - (420HP) @ 6000rpm
Max. Torque -(413lb ft) @ 3500-4500rpm
Max. Speed - 305km/h
Max. RPM - 6750rpm
Acceleration 0-100km/h - 4.2s
996 TT:
FVD Tuning (6 speed):
Max. Power - (490HP) @ 6000rpm
Max. Torque - (542lb ft) @ 4000rpm
Max. Speed - 318km/h
Max. RPM - 7000rpm
Acceleration 0-100km/h - 3.9s

Old 07-27-2007, 03:23 PM
kilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to behold
I love this stuff, I did a complete DME stage 2, about a month ago, the first 3 weeks I was seeing 1.1 bar!!! The hoses and DVs need to be changed as they are not enough for thr new boost ( seeing .9 now ). I have nothing to do with FVD, I just wanted to share what i have found,If your thinking of doing this..do it you wont believe how much better the car feels! Great product guys!

Old 07-27-2007, 04:33 PM
Shark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really nice
OK, tell me a little more......

Do I need to send you my ECU?

The way I read this, the software then would hold the following programs:
1. Stock
2. K-16 performance
3. K-24 (X-50) performance

Will there be add ons for K-16 hybrids?

What kind of mod choices are available on the software? I assume as a minimum:
1. Exhaust
2. High-flow air filter

Which Windows version is supported?

Are free program upgrade options good for the life of the car? For example if I go to k-24 hybrids in 3 years?

Old 07-27-2007, 06:15 PM
FVD-USA is on a distinguished road
Hi Shark,

No you don't have to even touch your box with our software. All you have todo is installing the software on your windows based PC, read out your ECU with the cable we provide then our programmers in germany will program a software specially designed for your needs (turbos, exhaust, air filter, Fuel Pressure regulator and so on). We send you back your stock file and your tuned file which you then install on your car via the cable and the software we provided. You tell us what you have in your car and we do it for you.

Regarding your choices: The 996 turbo software we listed above is our level 1 which includes already a BMC Airfilter (comes with the kit). If you have already have an exhaust we can certainly code the software (as listed above) for you.

The following Windows Versions are supported:
Please note that you need the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 to run the software (You can download it for free at the Microsoft Website if you don't have it already).

Windows 2000
Windows XP 32bit
Windows XP 64bit
Windows Vista 32bit
Windows Vista 64bit

You get free software upgrades from us as long as the parts you upgrade on your car are bought thru FVD.

I will get back to you on Monday when I am back in the office regarding the K-16 hybrid's

You are certainly able to switch back to your Stock file if you ever have to and certainly from there you can go back to your tuned file again.

Thanks, Flo

Old 07-28-2007, 07:26 AM
TwinT is on a distinguished road
will this work with my UK spec 996tt 420bhp?

I also understand that the ECU has a counter? and the dealer can tell how many file change have been made. If this does not correspond with their records then they can tell that you have had your cars software changed and void your warranty?

I am very interested to try this software.

Lee

Old 07-28-2007, 07:31 AM
TwinT is on a distinguished road
Hi I am very interested in this, will it work on my UK 03 996TT 420BHP?

I am also told the ECU has a counter which tells the dealer how many times the ECU file has been changed?

Thanks

Lee

Old 07-28-2007, 07:54 AM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
That counter has nothing to do with performance programming. The DME (ecu) is car specific and keeps track of how many times the car specific immobiliser and vehicle programming codes have been changed. These 2 codes never change as long as the DME stays in the same car. In other words, the count goes to two if the DME is reprogrammed to work in a different car and to three if it is reprogrammed again to work in a third car. I think the maxiumum number of times it can change vehicles is seven. Now there is rumor that some tuners trick the DME into thinking it is on its last count so that the DME cannot be put in a different car (in other words, sold individual to individual). I have not heard of anyone (on the forums) actually having this problem so it does seem to be just a rumor.

Old 07-28-2007, 09:38 AM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile

Originally Posted by roadsterdoc
That counter has nothing to do with performance programming. The DME (ecu) is car specific and keeps track of how many times the car specific immobiliser and vehicle programming codes have been changed. These 2 codes never change as long as the DME stays in the same car. In other words, the count goes to two if the DME is reprogrammed to work in a different car and to three if it is reprogrammed again to work in a third car. I think the maxiumum number of times it can change vehicles is seven. Now there is rumor that some tuners trick the DME into thinking it is on its last count so that the DME cannot be put in a different car (in other words, sold individual to individual). I have not heard of anyone (on the forums) actually having this problem so it does seem to be just a rumor.
Chris
Great response! Did you hear that Josh's Z06 made 533 RWHP!! Holy ****tee Batman not bad for some headers and a cam. Going to look at my house to see how much longer I have to wait! The house was promised to be completed in June but I think September is more like it!! Afterwards, I will speed on down to Akram Motor Sports.. I am preparing to run against Tim's 1200 HP Viper.. I have a few tricks for that Viper
Cheers, Robert

Old 07-28-2007, 09:49 AM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by robmd99
Chris
Great response! Did you hear that Josh's Z06 made 533 RWHP!! Holy ****tee Batman not bad for some headers and a cam. Going to look at my house to see how much longer I have to wait! The house was promised to be completed in June but I think September is more like it!! Afterwards, I will speed on down to Akram Motor Sports.. I am preparing to run against Tim's 1200 HP Viper.. I have a few tricks for that Viper
Cheers, Robert
Nice Hijack!

Old 07-28-2007, 10:21 AM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jean
Nice Hijack!
Really didnt have that intention but thanks for the compliment
Cheers
Robert

Old 07-28-2007, 10:46 AM
JNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to all
do you have x50/gt2 results? I'm curious as to the difference when compared to the results from going with GIAC.

Old 07-28-2007, 11:25 AM
jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TwinT
Hi I am very interested in this, will it work on my UK 03 996TT 420BHP?
Computers/programming is the same globally.

Old 07-28-2007, 11:25 AM
paneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by JNRSM3
do you have x50/gt2 results? I'm curious as to the difference when compared to the results from going with GIAC.
I'm also curious as to the X50/GT2 results. This is MUCH less expensive than GIAC. I also believe FVD can take care of the CEL from running catless?

Last edited by paneraiwatches; 07-28-2007 at 11:36 AM.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:32 AM
Shark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really nice
Originally Posted by FVD-USA
You get free software upgrades from us as long as the parts you upgrade on your car are bought thru FVD.
This is the deal killer for me, being restricted to buying turbos from FVD would lead to massive upgrade costs by not being able to make use of used parts or special offers, so FVD would be holding you prisoner on upgrades.

Please re-think this........

Old 07-28-2007, 11:58 AM
Turbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond repute
Whoa, correct me if I'm wrong.......but I don't think ANY tuner out there is gonna uprade you to a different level of software for free if you bought upgraded turbos or other parts from a different vendor......In fact.....I would question whether most of them would do it for free if you bought the parts from them.....

Sounds like a generous offer to me!

Chris

Originally Posted by Shark01
This is the deal killer for me, being restricted to buying turbos from FVD would lead to massive upgrade costs by not being able to make use of used parts or special offers, so FVD would be holding you prisoner on upgrades.

Please re-think this........

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: FVD 996TT Programming