996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Kid working at McDonald's drive thru. OH BOY!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 08:12 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Kid working at McDonald's drive thru. OH BOY!

So I am going through the drive thru at McDonalds for my kids and pull up to the window to pay. The kid at the window says nice car what is it? I reply Porsche 911 he says what are those things and points at the air intake in the rear fender. I reply they are air intakes, the motor is in the rear. He says Oh I say all 911's are like that he says Really I didn't know that! DUH what rock has this kid been hiding under? Then he says too bad you can't put any subs in the back I said I have 3 - 10 inch subs right there!HOMER SIMPSON YOUR SON HAS BEEN FOUND WORKING AT MCDONALDS!

Old 08-08-2007, 08:15 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by buddyg
So I am going through the drive thru at McDonalds for my kids and pull up to the window to pay. The kid at the window says nice car what is it? I reply Porsche 911 he says what are those things and points at the air intake in the rear fender. I reply they are air intakes, the motor is in the rear. He says Oh I say all 911's are like that he says Really I didn't know that! DUH what rock has this kid been hiding under? Then he says too bad you can't put any subs in the back I said I have 3 - 10 inch subs right there!HOMER SIMPSON YOUR SON HAS BEEN FOUND WORKING AT MCDONALDS!
i think the deep frier oil has gone to his head

Old 08-08-2007, 08:17 PM
sal
sal has a spectacular aura aboutsal has a spectacular aura about
Best is when teenage guys walk up to the front and say "Hey pop the hood, let's see what this baby's got!"

Old 08-08-2007, 08:18 PM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future

Old 08-08-2007, 08:24 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sal
Best is when teenage guys walk up to the front and say "Hey pop the hood, let's see what this baby's got!"
Yeah and then you pop it open and scream oh my gosh someone has stolen my engine!

Old 08-08-2007, 08:28 PM
Celestin is on a distinguished road
I know some people who dont know much about cars...but wow, the kid is very clueless.

Old 08-08-2007, 08:48 PM
Ag Surfer is on a distinguished road
Actually, technically, they are air intakes for the intercoolers, not the engine, and not all 911's have them.

Old 08-08-2007, 09:03 PM
laj_c4s is on a distinguished road
thats what you get for hanging out in mexico all the time

Old 08-08-2007, 09:06 PM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
I was running multiple 10 second passes at the dragstrip in AZ in the GT2 when a kid walked up to me and said "nice Porsh, is that the Carrera or the Boxster?' I said "it's a Boxster...non S"

Old 08-08-2007, 09:22 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
This thread is not funny, I wouldnt have know either when I was his age. Wait maybe, my uncle had a 914 and a 944. He blew them both up but I still didnt know where the motor was.

This thread is not funny, everyone doesnt have the care to know where a porsche motor is.

Old 08-08-2007, 09:41 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
My wife did not know the engine was in the back and I have had the car 4 years!!

Old 08-08-2007, 10:00 PM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MBailey
My wife did not know the engine was in the back and I have had the car 4 years!!
Now THAT is funny!

Old 08-08-2007, 10:03 PM
invncble is on a distinguished road
Kids spend too much time playing video games now a days.

Old 08-08-2007, 11:27 PM
john rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to behold
Unfortunately, the engines in these late model turbos are usually so UGLY, looking like washing machines... that I would be reluctant to show mine to a kid who is interested! HA. My built '79 930 is a TREAT to the eyes and when I visit my brother who built it he uses every excuse he can devise to have the rear lid open. It's GREAT when someone asks that of the 930 and I pop the lid to show them what is there and how it goes.
I still remember when the 996 was very first shown at the Frankfurt show and my buddy told them he had flown in from California to see it. [He had, but he was a commercial pilot and had to fly there for Delta!] and got the full treatment and made the proper noises about the improvements while ignoring the crappy interior materials and the disconcerting noise the doors make when they close and such. When he got to the back and asked them to open the engine compartment... They refused and .... blushed. Swore they were not allowed to do that.

Once upon a time we were all dumb kids and we all need to spread the word and entice the kiddies to grow up and play with these toys. A small amount of encouragement goes a long way and leaves an amazingly lasting impression on kids. Nothing like opening the door to my GT2 and inviting a kid to climb in and see what it's like behind the wheel. I cannot tell you how many times the kid's father asks "How about ME?", but th e glow in the kid's eyes always makes my day.

[yea, i worry a little but if i ever get a scratch it is worth it . lucky so far.]
JR

Old 08-09-2007, 12:02 AM
Valley996TT is just really niceValley996TT is just really niceValley996TT is just really niceValley996TT is just really nice
There are some teenagers who know exactly what our 996TTs are. I was at an after work function a couple of months ago when a woman came up to me in the parking lot and told me that her son absolutely loved my car. She said that her son would just drool over the car every time they saw it on the road, and that if she called him to tell him she was talking to me that he would freak out. So, I told her to call him and that if he came up to the function that I would take the time to show him the car. Well, about 10 minutes later while I was inside shmoozing with others, she came up to me and said that her son was outside in the parking lot to take me up on my offer. When I got out there this 16-17 year old boy was standing next to my car with the biggest smile I had ever seen. It looked like he was going to wet himself. He proceeds to ask a lot of very specific questions, i.e. is it an X-50, how do you like the tiptronic, have you upgraded the chip, is the color Arctic Silver or Polar Silver, etc. That put a big smile on MY face. I let him sit in the car, look at the engine and turn it on. Needless to say, this kid knew his cars and I was happy to encourage his obvious passion for our cars.

Then again, this past Monday I was at Sonic getting burgers with my wife and daughter when the kid who brought out our order mentioned how awesome the car looked and then proceeded to ask what the "big holes on the side of the car" were for. When I told him they were the intake ducts for the air-to-air intercoolers, he just looked at me with an empty stare.

By the way Buddyg, do you have any pictures of your subs that you can post?

Last edited by Valley996TT; 08-09-2007 at 12:06 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Kid working at McDonald's drive thru. OH BOY!