996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

My Fabspeed is here.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2003, 07:46 PM
AMG-ETR
My Fabspeed is here.....

.......my car is not . My car will actually be here in the morning, but tomorrow is my first day back to school, so I won't be around to take delivery (my dad will). I am having the exhuast put on ASA the car gets there. I will take pics, and post tom. night. I want to thank everyone for all the great info on here, that has helped a lot while I was buying this car, and mods. Here are some pics of the muffler(the super sport BTW):

Also, Stephen (Porsche PhD) or anyone else I guess....can I install the stage 2 software without the DV's, and filter (only for a couple days). My reason for this, is I want to send my ECU out tom., but I have a show Friday night, and a meet Sat. so I will be unable to put the DV's, and filter in untill Monday. Is this a problem?? Should I just wait till Monday to send out the ECU??
Thanks,
Evan

Old 08-12-2003, 08:30 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
No you can do those later. I wouldn't go very long without the DV though...Monday on those will be fine.

Old 08-12-2003, 08:45 PM
AMG-ETR
Originally posted by PorschePhD
No you can do those later. I wouldn't go very long without the DV though...Monday on those will be fine.
Thanks bud, ECU is going out overnight tom., can't wait to throw it in on Fri.!! Thanks for all your help Stephen.
Evan
PS-You putting a stage 5 into your car??

Old 08-12-2003, 08:57 PM
carbon_00 is on a distinguished road
Those look sweet...... I ordered mine today from Mike at Fabspeed, great service. I expect them to arrive tommorrow, I am very impressed by the finish on yours.

Here's hoping they don't get hung up at the Candian border.

Cheers

Old 08-12-2003, 08:59 PM
CAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond repute
Evan

Post some pictures of your car!!! Can't wait to see it. I am especially interested to see how your car is going to look with the rims. I love the black rims you had in mind but the HRS's will look tight. The mods you are doing are the same things I want to do to my car. However, I am still waiting for my car to seem slow before I drop the coin.

Good luck paying attention in school on the first day with that car coming!!!!!

You've got one cool dad

Old 08-12-2003, 11:47 PM
Yupkwondo is infamous around these partsYupkwondo is infamous around these partsYupkwondo is infamous around these partsYupkwondo is infamous around these parts
Evan,

Do you know why the build difference between your exhaust and the one that was tested in the comparison....the one in the comparision showed the individual tubes however yours seems to have the normal non-super sport look. Do you know why?

~ Jason

Old 08-13-2003, 12:08 AM
PN-
PN- is on a distinguished road
Even,

I also would like to know if yours are the Loud version of the two.
From what I can see the louder version has 2 single tubes.

PN

PS: PorschePhd/Stephen, could you give me some prices on the loud version and straight pipes ? PM me

Thanks

Old 08-13-2003, 12:08 AM
msindi is on a distinguished road
Jason - I think this is the loudr version...The quiter one is symmetrical, i.e. the inlet tubes and outlet are on the same level on opposing sides whereas the loud, like in the picture has opposite side inlets/outlets on different height levels...(I know this explanation might sound lik cr..p but its late!!)

Last edited by msindi; 08-13-2003 at 12:10 AM.
Old 08-13-2003, 02:50 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Nice one Looks great... but it'll sound even better at WOT. Make sure you get those extra straight pipes too Doesn't take a lot to take them on and off and it's so worth it.

Enjoy the new car!

Old 08-13-2003, 08:35 AM
PN-
PN- is on a distinguished road
Sharkster,

The pic that evan's got, is that similar with the one you got ?
From what I can see from Fabspeed's webpage, the louder version has two single tubes ?

PN

Old 08-13-2003, 09:11 AM
AMG-ETR
Hey guys, thanks for all the compliments. I am dying to see my car (I am in school right now hehe gotta love comp. lab). I am going to call Fabspeed to confirm, but I think they just changed the design. There are 2 tubes,its just covered by that piece. I will post pics tonight!!!
Regards,
Evan
(Bored as hell in HS)

Old 08-13-2003, 09:16 AM
TonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of light
I just got my Fabspeed Loud and it's exactly like Evans with the two pipes. I got it installed last night and all I can say is LOUD!!!!
I can definately get used to it and it's the perfect combo for my Stage IV. The car spools up much quicker and holds 1.2 Bar with no problem. You can definately feel the difference in power.

Old 08-13-2003, 12:41 PM
AMG-ETR
Originally posted by TonyNJ
I just got my Fabspeed Loud and it's exactly like Evans with the two pipes. I got it installed last night and all I can say is LOUD!!!!
I can definately get used to it and it's the perfect combo for my Stage IV. The car spools up much quicker and holds 1.2 Bar with no problem. You can definately feel the difference in power.
Kool, can't wait to get mine, I actually just got up to our dealership, but my dad has it over at our buddies shop, and the exhaust is going on as we speak!!! I can't wait to go pick it up!! The car actually came with an aftermarket exhaust, my dad did not know which one, but when he called they guy, he said it was aftermarket, but couldn't remeber which one FREE EXHAUST!! I am gunna take a look at it when I pick it up, my dad said its not too loud, buts its deeper.
Regards,
Evan

Old 08-13-2003, 05:42 PM
Rob
Rob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of light
Looks good Evan, let us know what you think after you pick it up.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.