996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Priceless picture for all 996TT owners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 03:23 AM
Erik has a spectacular aura aboutErik has a spectacular aura about
Actually, the driver of the Rt12 is not the owner so I think you can drop the discussion about the red stitches and realise it's a coincidence.

CGT vs M6 video http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/sho...&highlight=cgt

Old 09-03-2007, 06:57 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Erik,

Thanks for the video I love the Carrera GT! Do you have the videos of the Carrera GT vs the RUF cars?

Old 09-03-2007, 10:30 AM
TT Tommy is on a distinguished road
the red stitching on the gloves is lighter than regular black stitching

tw

Old 09-03-2007, 10:50 AM
Gustav is a glorious beacon of lightGustav is a glorious beacon of lightGustav is a glorious beacon of lightGustav is a glorious beacon of lightGustav is a glorious beacon of lightGustav is a glorious beacon of light
Yes

They will all be available on Youtube and can be found on gtboard.com when then are up.

For now all of these are avail. on DVD:

http://www.amazon.com/gtboard-com-Ev...8838257&sr=8-2

That ios the Ruf 993 R Turbo among others.

Originally Posted by buddyg
Erik,

Thanks for the video I love the Carrera GT! Do you have the videos of the Carrera GT vs the RUF cars?

Old 09-03-2007, 12:12 PM
Erik has a spectacular aura aboutErik has a spectacular aura about
Exclamation

Originally Posted by buddyg
Do you have the videos of the Carrera GT vs the RUF cars?
I wish, but at least I had a ride in it.

Gustav will post videos asap (I hope ) or get the upcoming DVD, should be worth it. The 993 Turbo R leaving the M6 from last year is pretty priceless, but that's perhaps just me.

The CGT is much faster than people think, and a different ball game than the 996TT altogether, but fortunately the Rufs were faster especially over 200 km/h.
We hope to repeat this event soooooooon...

Old 09-12-2007, 12:33 PM
john rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to behold
I hope I don't sound like I am trying to be a wise guy. I will be admitting my age by saying this but I don't remember caring either.... [at a certain age one becomes happy remembering....anything.]. SO, back in the day I rember driving some terrific modded Corvettes, a couple of Cobras [before there were kits], and several foolish MG/AHs with nasty V8s. All of these cars had neat looking wooden steering wheels. I used to pull on my lovely Jim Clark driving gloves as after a little agressive driving my hands would get sweaty on the wooden wheels. Very slippery indeed. Wearing the goves and they would get damp and stick to the wood wheels like glue. Once I started driving cars with leather covered steering wheel rims I dropped the driving gloves as they didn't seem to do much of anything. BUT it has been so long [and they bring back such great memories] that I wonder. Do they actually help you grip? I really don't remember and don't feel like putting out a small bundle to accomplish nothing.... except to look really cool. Man, those and some nice designer clothing..... I usually wear t-shirts these days but that is getting old and not giving a damn. So the gloves gotta be functional or I just...won't.
Uncool 'ol coot
JR