996 Turbo Vendor Classifieds

GT2 Clutch Conversion Kits

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 08:14 AM
Basic Sponsor
Chad@SpeedTech is just really niceChad@SpeedTech is just really niceChad@SpeedTech is just really niceChad@SpeedTech is just really nice
PM replied to. Just to confirm, this is available on an on-going basis. Thanks!

facebook
YouTube see our videos

www.speedtechexhausts.com
Email-Chad@speedtechexhausts.com
Old 12-06-2011, 08:52 PM
NMSV8V has a spectacular aura aboutNMSV8V has a spectacular aura about
GT2 Clutch Conversion

Hey, can you please PM me your best price for this shipped to 45150.

Thanks,
Nick

Old 12-22-2011, 09:33 AM
Basic Sponsor
Chad@SpeedTech is just really niceChad@SpeedTech is just really niceChad@SpeedTech is just really niceChad@SpeedTech is just really nice
PM if interested in a good deal! We are currently running holiday specials on a lot of our products.

facebook
YouTube see our videos

Old 12-22-2011, 08:02 PM
code7rpd has a spectacular aura aboutcode7rpd has a spectacular aura about
Could you PM a price on the GT2 clutch kit? Thanks.

Old 12-24-2011, 11:48 PM
scatman200 is a jewel in the roughscatman200 is a jewel in the roughscatman200 is a jewel in the rough
Pm prices please

Old 12-26-2011, 11:20 AM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
OK - PM sent!

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials facebook SpeedTech Exhaust Videos
Old 12-26-2011, 04:16 PM
jonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to all
pm on pricing please

Old 12-26-2011, 11:47 PM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
Could you please send me a PM with your current pricing for the GT2 clutch conversion kit? Thank you and Happy Holidays!

Old 12-26-2011, 11:55 PM
RNS
RNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to behold
Interested in pricing for this conversion as well.

For people who have had this done to their 997.1 TT, what clutch, pressure plate and flywheel combination are you running...and overall how do you like the feel when combined with this GT2 master/slave conversion kit?

I've heard these parts in a TT feel different from a GT2 because of it's engaging into an all wheel drive system, and trying to get a feel for how it actually compares...since the clutch on a true GT2 feels incredible.

Old 12-27-2011, 10:13 AM
Basic Sponsor
All PM's replied to.

facebook
YouTube see our videos

Old 01-06-2012, 05:33 PM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
I've heard these parts in a TT feel different from a GT2 because of it's engaging into an all wheel drive system, and trying to get a feel for how it actually compares...since the clutch on a true GT2 feels incredible.
Very similar - it feels incredible on the 996TT, too. This is a fantastic upgrade in clucth feel and that sentiment has been backed up by numerous testimonials on this forum.

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
Old 01-15-2012, 06:16 PM
RNS
RNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to behold
John, thanks for the great customer service you and Chad provided in answering my detailed questions ahead of purchase, even ones that didn't relate to the GT2 clutch conversion. Very responsive and informative.

My GT2 clutch master and slave conversion kit arrived, and I just dropped off the car for installation this week (along with the Sachs 2.5 clutch and pressure plate from AWE). Can't wait to drive it when I'm back in town this upcoming weekend.

Side story:
When driving to the dealership for installation, I found myself doing countless unnecessary shifts, to try to "baseline" in my head the OEM soft clutch feel before its transformation. What I noticed, is that I barely used my leg at all to push the clutch down. 90% of the force to push it down was done by extending my left ankle (leg muscles barely engaged, ha). When comparing to a friend's GT2 that I drove, the GT2 used actual leg muscles to push the clutch down instead of an extended ankle, giving much more response, feedback and control.

Excited to see how it turns out.
ryan

Last edited by RNS; 01-15-2012 at 09:08 PM.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:51 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by RNS
John, thanks for the great customer service you and Chad provided in answering my detailed questions ahead of purchase, even ones that didn't relate to the GT2 clutch conversion. Very responsive and informative.

My GT2 clutch master and slave conversion kit arrived, and I just dropped off the car for installation this week (along with the Sachs 2.5 clutch and pressure plate from AWE). Can't wait to drive it when I'm back in town this upcoming weekend.

Side story:
When driving to the dealership for installation, I found myself doing countless unnecessary shifts, to try to "baseline" in my head the OEM soft clutch feel before it's transformation. What I noticed, is that I barely used my leg at all to push the clutch down. 90% of the force to push it down was done by extending my left ankle (leg muscles barely engaged, ha). When comparing to a friend's GT2 that I drove, the GT2 used actual leg muscles to push the clutch down instead of an extended ankle, giving much more response, feedback and control.

Excited to see how it turns out.
ryan

Ryan,

Thank you again. You will be shocked with how much different it feels...night and day difference. Let us know once you pick her up.

facebook
YouTube see our videos

Old 01-15-2012, 09:59 PM
Basic Sponsor
Thanks, Ryan - you're welcome. Get ready to use those leg muscles!

You will become used to it shortly and you won't give it much thought other than how great the feedback is on every take-off...it's a really nice modification for these cars.

2022 Cayenne White
Old 01-18-2012, 12:42 PM
jonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to all
what should a shop charge to do this, my local indy shop quoted $3800.00 to install !!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT2 Clutch Conversion Kits