996 Turbo Vendor Classifieds

Digital Torque Wrench - Member Special !!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 11:02 AM
Former Vendor
BLMW is on a distinguished road
Digital Torque Wrench - Member Special !!

As a new sponsor of this forum, we are offering an introductory special: our Digital Torque Wrench w/ Blow Molded Case for $99 - including shipping. Just go to our website: Brown Line Metalworks, LLC | Professional Grade Digital Torque Wrench and click on the "Buy Now" button. At checkout, enter the coupon code: 6speed

You can see the torque wrench in action in the following video:

Brown Line Torque Wrench in Action

Product Specifications

Patented Double Gear Sensing System
Designed, engineered, and tested by Brown Line Metal Works, the patented* D.G.S.S. technology ensures repeatable accuracy of +/- 3.5% both clockwise & counter-clockwise
Accurate from 20 – 100% of full scale (7% accuracy from 10 – 20% of full scale)

Microprocessor Controlled
8-bit electronics ensures accurate readings and simplicity of use
Allows for both Peak and Track mode
Individually calibrates each wrench
Supplies unique serial number for each wrench

Ratchet Head
1/2" drive reversible ratchet
32-tooth gear provides an 11.25º arc while handling high torque loads
Forged from Chromium Vanadium alloy to ensure strength
Conforms to ASME B107.10 2005 standards

Range
15 – 150 ft/lbs
180 – 1,800 in/lbs
20.3 – 203 Nm

Digital Control
Large backlit digital display shows both target torque and current read-out
Intuitive button design makes operating torque wrench simple
LEDs and digital display provide visual feedback when operating wrench
Buzzer creates audible feedback when target torque is reached
Easily switch between ft/lbs, in/lbs, and Nm
Automatically powers off when not in use for 2 minutes
Low battery indicator

Handle
Soft-touch overmold provides comfortable non-slip grip
Engineered plastics ensure an impact resistant housing

The offer is valid till August 15th, and is only for the lower 48 states.

Old 07-27-2011, 11:27 AM
gu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond repute
Look great.I was always looking these at sears but the price was too much.And this is digital with warning tone.
Payment sent!!!! :-)

Old 07-27-2011, 03:00 PM
jonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to all
I am not getting a place to enter the coupon code?

Old 07-27-2011, 03:10 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by jonty
I am not getting a place to enter the coupon code?
What you need to do is under options select the wrench with blow molded case ($150). Then select add to cart. You will then see a place to enter your zip code and discount code (6speed). Once you do that press update cart - and the $99 price should appear. You can then pay with either PayPal, a credit cart (you have to press PayPal), or Google Check-Out.

Let me know if you have any other problems.

BLMW

Old 07-27-2011, 03:14 PM
jonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to all
Done, Thanks
I look forward to trying it out

Old 07-28-2011, 10:48 AM
gu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond repute
Ordered yesterday got it today!!!!Other vendors should learn how to ship promptly!Great quality.

Old 07-28-2011, 01:23 PM
vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !
Also got one, thanks for the special!

Old 08-08-2011, 09:22 AM
Former Vendor
Only 7 days left !!

Old 08-08-2011, 12:07 PM
Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !
How about the Canadians on the site?

Old 08-08-2011, 01:13 PM
Former Vendor
Canada

Originally Posted by Slider
How about the Canadians on the site?
For Canada, if you PM me with your Postal Code, I can let you know the cost. It is a lot more than shipping withing the US, so there is some additional cost.

BLMW

Old 08-08-2011, 01:46 PM
JG GT500 will become famous soon enough
Just ordered

Struggling with my old mechanical wrench this past weekend...time for an upgrade!

Old 08-08-2011, 04:49 PM
Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BLMW
For Canada, if you PM me with your Postal Code, I can let you know the cost. It is a lot more than shipping withing the US, so there is some additional cost.

BLMW
PM Sent...

Old 08-11-2011, 10:27 PM
chaud is on a distinguished road
Looks like an interesting torque wrench, and I'm thinking to order one!

I have some questions pertaining to some reviews I read online about the wrench though. Can you please address these quirks/complaints about the way the wrench functions, and if these users who reviewed them are missing something regarding to how they operate?

From User reviews on Amazon:

"The one flaw comes from the auto-off feature. The tool will power off in a couple of minutes, which is fine, but when it does, it forgets everything, most annoyingly the target torque you've set. Its not a huge deal, but every time you set the tool down and come back to it, you start all over again. It didn't seem right so I looked through the manual and there seems no way to save your torque. "

"The only small complaint is that when checking the torque on multiple bolts, you have to press the memory button twice or the you will not get a beep to notify you that you have reached the final torque value. A bit of a pain but not really that big of a deal."

". The only issue is that you have to wait several seconds for a final torque reading after each crank of the wrench (e.g. on lug nuts) and then you have to hit a button to reset it for the next effort to flash a final torque measure. If you forget then you won't get a reading after the next torque...you do get one while you're wrenching but how often can you watch the little window when you're cranking something down over 100 ft lb's??? "

Is there a solution to these operating issues?

Thanks in advance!

Old 08-12-2011, 08:57 AM
Former Vendor
Feedback

Originally Posted by chaud
Looks like an interesting torque wrench, and I'm thinking to order one!

I have some questions pertaining to some reviews I read online about the wrench though. Can you please address these quirks/complaints about the way the wrench functions, and if these users who reviewed them are missing something regarding to how they operate?

From User reviews on Amazon:

"The one flaw comes from the auto-off feature. The tool will power off in a couple of minutes, which is fine, but when it does, it forgets everything, most annoyingly the target torque you've set. Its not a huge deal, but every time you set the tool down and come back to it, you start all over again. It didn't seem right so I looked through the manual and there seems no way to save your torque. "

"The only small complaint is that when checking the torque on multiple bolts, you have to press the memory button twice or the you will not get a beep to notify you that you have reached the final torque value. A bit of a pain but not really that big of a deal."

". The only issue is that you have to wait several seconds for a final torque reading after each crank of the wrench (e.g. on lug nuts) and then you have to hit a button to reset it for the next effort to flash a final torque measure. If you forget then you won't get a reading after the next torque...you do get one while you're wrenching but how often can you watch the little window when you're cranking something down over 100 ft lb's??? "

Is there a solution to these operating issues?

Thanks in advance!
Chaud:

First, I would like to point out that while the users you quote did bring up the above issues, overall they were very happy with the product (giving it 4 and 5 star reviews).

The issues above are two separate ones:

1) When the wrench is not used for three minutes, it will power off in order to save batteries. If you have a "target torque" set, and the wrench turns off, you will have to reset the "target torque" when the wrench is turned back on. While this is a feature that we are looking into for future models, it is not possible to change it in the current wrench. However, I would like to point out that it only takes about 15 seconds to set the "Target Torque", so while it might be slightly inconvenient the few times it happens, it is a fairly minor in terms of time.

2) The last two points you mention above are actually the same - after applying torque, the wrench will display the "High Torque Value" that you hit after detecting no movement for 3 seconds. Pressing the "Memory" button once will reset this to zero and allow you to move onto the next fastener.

While this does slow down the process slightly if you are doing multiple fasteners, it also assures that you are not over-torquing the fasteners since you see what the exact torque applied was to each one. For someone who is working in a Tire Shop and rushing to get cars in and out this might be a problem, but for 99% of the users we felt it was more important to ensure that the correct torque was applied.

I hope I answered the questions for you. Please let me know if you have any additional ones.

BLMW

Old 08-16-2011, 09:18 AM
Former Vendor
First, thanks for the orders. Second, due to the feedback, we are going to extend this special for an additional 10 days till August 26th. Don't miss out!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Digital Torque Wrench - Member Special !!