996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Finally finished my interior Project... (pics) (not dial up friendly)

Old 08-18-2003, 11:19 PM
Modaholic
Kevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond repute
Finally finished my interior Project... (pics) (not dial up friendly)

Well after slowly buying Carbon pieces over the past few months I decided it was time to install everything... Some items are still coming in, and the Carbon Entry Guards were damaged in shipping and waiting for replacements. As you guys know the 1999's came with the gray speckled look that I never really cared for.. So everything speckled was replaced with Carbon Fiber or replaced with factory black pieces, and some pieces were painted black. Also I installed a new stereo system, my installer let me help him tear it apart, so as he installed the stereo I replaced the everything with all of the new Carbon pieces. Here is a list of items that were replaced and installed.. along with pics... By the way I replaced the dash strips with CF.. a little scary but easy to do with the right tools...

Some before & after pics...
Before

Replaced empty pocket with black factory piece.. OEM Carbon Door Sills, Relplaced Speckled speaker grills with OEM Black Grills, also replaced black Airbag Logo with Silver Airbag logo.. Also the seat switch plate ane oval plate in the bottom corner of the seat was painted black.

Before

Seat Belt Pillar was painted black,

The piece on the door opposite of the side mirror was painted black, also the CF Vent is the wrong color, dealer is sending the Savannah vent with Savannah leather wrapped Vents.. The round piece on the Vent was painted black and the oval piece on the vent is coming in CF

Before

Defroster pieces were replaced with CF and leather along with the alarm center cap light. Also the screws on the speaker were painted Beige to match..

Before

Old 08-18-2003, 11:20 PM
Modaholic
Kevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond repute
Rear Center Console replaced with CF, non-smoker ash tray painted black, OEM CF Batwing, OEM Upper Center Console in CF, Installed OEM Cupholders, moved AC Control to bottom, Installed Kenwood DVD/TV Head unit, black door lock over center console lock..

Before

Aluminum Gauges & Cluster, CF boomarang around cluster, small round piece painted black, replaced ignition surround with OEM Savannah piece.

CF Hazard Surrouning.. Made my Prestige Parts not a OEM Piece, but looks just like OEM

All done...

Link To More High Res Pics

Last edited by Kevin M; 08-21-2003 at 04:43 PM.
Old 08-19-2003, 12:56 AM
dpblessing is on a distinguished road
look'n mighty nice there Kevin!!

Old 08-19-2003, 03:25 AM
EM 996 GTS is on a distinguished road
niceeeeeeee!!!

Old 08-19-2003, 04:22 AM
nacelle is on a distinguished road
Kevin....looks awsome!!!

Old 08-19-2003, 05:50 AM
carbon_00 is on a distinguished road
Great work!
I am in the process of putting togther an order for Gert at Carnewal for many Cf interior pieces. How did you find the install of the CF pieces, quality? Where did you buy?
Are the Cf door sills durable?

Thanks

Old 08-19-2003, 06:38 AM
Shawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah where did you get the parts? The car looks awsome!

Old 08-19-2003, 06:45 AM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Looks great Kev! You cant tell it is a 99 interior anymore which I am sure was part of the look you were after! Great job! How's the stereo? Reus just did mine and all I can say is wow!

Old 08-19-2003, 11:08 AM
02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute
DAMN KEVIN.. NOW your making me want to change my interior to all carbon fiber, i've always wanted to do it now, your driving me to the argggggghhhhH!!!!! soon very soon , my interior will look as nice as yours lol.. greta
job man... i wish i can do that too soon

take it easy..

love all the cusotm work you've done to your 996

Old 08-19-2003, 11:16 AM
Modaholic
Thanks Darren---lets see some pics of it
Thanks Joe---sorry I know..bad influence

Carbon 00 & Jeru--- I purchased most of the pieces from Crescent City Porsche... John really took care of me on the prices (Danny can help you too ask for the Kevin discount ... The boomarang around the cluster came from Ebay... and the door sills came from RoockUSA... However they were damaged in shipping.... as you know they curve upward and I guess they were knocked around pretty good.. so there is a crack in one and they both bubbled at the corners... Installing the pieces were fairly simple but they did take time... Defroster pieces snap in and out in less then 5 mintues... the AC vents take some time.. The center console and the Dash strips are the most tedious.. the center console requires you to take all clips and compartment lid off from your old console.. See my other post about the Dash Strips..

Old 08-19-2003, 11:51 AM
Sloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud of
Kevin,

Tell about the install for the CF boomerang around the instrument cluster. Did the insturment pod and cluster have to come out?

Old 08-19-2003, 11:59 AM
Modaholic
Sloth, fairly simple... Remove the hazard switch and housing.. there is a hex screw behind there... then Remove the little round vent looking piece on the left side of the cluster.. there is another hex screw in there.. After those are removed just pull up on the
whole peice the leather and cluser will pop out... Remove the plugs behind attached to the cluster (I disconnected the battery first) then you can see the screw that hold the boomarang in place, the cluster comes right out along with the boomarang.. just put it all back together the same way and your done.... also be sur to put a towel on the steering column so you dont scratch anything while you pull out the cluster!! You don't have to remove the whole cluster to change out the boomarang.. but its easier that way..

Old 08-19-2003, 12:28 PM
AdamB is on a distinguished road
Where did you end up purchasing the white inserts for your speedometer, tachometer, etc. guages. How easy were they to install?

Old 08-19-2003, 01:02 PM
Sloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud of
Kevin,

Thanks for the info. All the CF pieces look very nice with the interior. I always wanted to replace the speckled plastic in my 99, however I saw no point in doing mine as it only had the partial leather along with a lot of vinyl and plastic. Looks like a nice upgrade for the next car...

Last edited by Sloth; 08-19-2003 at 01:33 PM.
Old 08-19-2003, 01:06 PM
Modaholic
Adam I purchased a whole new Cluster with factory Aluminum Dials.. see my post abovve yours on how to remove and install the cluster.. its fairlu simple..

Sloth...Thank you & your welcome! Why have I not seen your GT3? How about some pics!!!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Finally finished my interior Project... (pics) (not dial up friendly)