996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

996 N/A mods

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 04:14 AM
BOX3.4LTR is infamous around these parts
the cams and the rest of the modifications have actually made the car more responsive and i now use 1st 2nd 4th 6th most of the time and it pulls from 1500 in 6th without any complaint whatsoever
my biggest problem is that it now revs so fast in first and second that i have to concentrate alot more to avoid slaming into the 7200 rpm limit so hard that it slams me forward in the seatbelts
seriously this package seems to works with it tracked on a qtr of 12.6 at 107mph and by gps 4.6 to 100kph or 62mph

Old 02-26-2008, 07:12 AM
wyldstyle is infamous around these parts
coilovers

Old 02-26-2008, 07:20 AM
racerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to behold
Weight! I got my 996 inthe 2700lb range and it felt like I added 50hp! I read somewhere that for every 100lbs you loose it's like adding 6hp. Not to mention your stopping distance decreases significantly. Weight and balance, maybe more important than sheer HP.

Good luck.

See sig for mods - Can't beat the combo of Lightweightflywheel, GIAC and Evoms intake.

Last edited by racerjsz; 04-21-2008 at 01:48 PM.
Old 02-26-2008, 07:46 AM
asialors996 has a spectacular aura aboutasialors996 has a spectacular aura aboutasialors996 has a spectacular aura about
what did you remove???

Im getting one of those Brale batterys do i get the 6lb that says track use or the 11Lb which says every day use??

Old 02-26-2008, 03:59 PM
racerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to behold
I have an Odessey PC 925 much lighter than factory at 24lbs, AND still has enough *** behind it to keep you from getting stranded. Plus I added a billet box that looks way cool.

There are better place to get real weight.

Exhaust
Headers - save 12lbs
Cat Bypass - save 30lbs
Mufflers - Save 15-25lbs

Seats
Save 120Lbs!

revmove tire and spare. Add a can of fixaflat and a cell phone! Save 20lbs

Flywheel Save 15lbs

Rear Wiper Save 5lbs

Wheels -

Before any flames - weights are estimates, thank you.

Attached Images  
Old 02-26-2008, 10:53 PM
asialors996 has a spectacular aura aboutasialors996 has a spectacular aura aboutasialors996 has a spectacular aura about
I like the odessey battery...my factory battery is 52lbs i did the headers and mufflers...mine are M&k which are very light.

I like the idea on the spare tire...

I have a cab so no rear wiper...just a convertable top...

Thanks for the ideas...

Old 04-12-2008, 10:44 AM
ruey220 is infamous around these parts
i dunno why people put down the 996 na so much as far as tuning it is concerned. I am probably bias because I have one and many might not agree, but overall it has done pretty well for what it offers. Handling is great, and if you're pushing it to the edge of its capabilities the mods will be good and very useful. There is much to be squeezed out of it if you do it right. It definitely is not a 1/4 mile dragger, but compared to cars of its time 99/00 it is a good contender overall if not the best bang for buck even when it was new. I've had mine since new in 2000, and I've had difficulty in letting it go because it still does the job.

Originally Posted by glowone
Porsches are not good tuner cars. They come pretty maxed out when new.

Its kind of a bummer as you add header/exhaust, AEM, larger injectors, etc. to a Jap car and you get impressive gains but not so with the Porsche.

PSS9 Coilovers (nicer performance without sacraficing ride)
Plenum (if you want to spend $1000.00 for 20hp)
Exhaust (for cool tips and sound)

I put a GT2 front end on mine and that helped me with the friendly front end look. I also added soem Kinesis wheels that look better than stock ones IMO.

Thats about it unless you supercharge it. Have fun and just drive!

Old 04-12-2008, 10:57 AM
ruey220 is infamous around these parts
no need to worry about flames, this is what i'm talking about...someone who knows his stuff.

i followed your same path, i'm working now on the details like the battery, sunroof, wheels etc.

Originally Posted by racerjsz
I have an Odessey PC 925 much lighter than factory at 24lbs, AND still has enough *** behind it to keep you from getting stranded. Plus I added a billet box that looks way cool.

There are better place to get real weight.

Exhaust
Headers - save 12lbs
Cat Bypass - save 30lbs
Mufflers - Save 15-25lbs

Seats
Save 120Lbs!

revmove tire and spare. Add a can of fixaflat and a cell phone! Save 20lbs

Flywheel Save 15lbs

Rear Wiper Save 5lbs

Wheels -

Before any flames - weights are estimates, thank you.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.