996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Anyone familiar with the install of a factory turbo bra?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2004, 04:44 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Anyone familiar with the install of a factory turbo bra?

looking to buy a used bra. is it a completely different part for bumper with front tags versus those without, or is there just one model with a removeable flap for the bra?

also, what parts should i check to make sure are included?

is there a place where you can get directions online for it? i don't think it's going to come with any.

Old 06-29-2004, 10:03 AM
CA 996 is on a distinguished road
Make sure it wasn't for a 01 because they had warts. Although I would ditch the bra and get an invisibra instead. Bras are a pita and will scratch your car and never fit right unless you go with a speed lingerie one. Just my 2 cents.

Old 06-29-2004, 10:53 AM
Turbo Ron is a name known to allTurbo Ron is a name known to allTurbo Ron is a name known to allTurbo Ron is a name known to allTurbo Ron is a name known to allTurbo Ron is a name known to all
I have a bra for my 01 turbo. Without the warts. It fits perfectly. It is a bit of a pain to put on around the bumper. I decided to get the clear bra for the bumper, and will still use the factory bra for the hood occasionally. It is easy to put on the hood bra, and I don't have a line accross the hood with the clear bra. I have a dark color so it would be more noticeable. I think it is the perfect combination.

Old 06-29-2004, 06:28 PM
Greyghost is on a distinguished road
I have a black bra for Turbo if you want to buy it from me. INstall is super easy, about 5 minutes, and it is in excellent condition. Comes with carry bag, clips, and allen wrench.

Old 06-29-2004, 07:57 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Thanks for the info. I'm purchasing a new "used" one from a forum memeber. Guess it sat in his garage and never ended up using it. No wart holes on his I don't plan on using it all the time. Just long trips, so I don't even really need the clear bra. Most of my driving is around town. I saw NYSEGUY's bumper yesterday after his player's run trip. He had more paint chips than paint on his bumper If I ever bought one of these cars brand new, I would probably consider the entire clear bra package though.

Old 06-29-2004, 09:51 PM
NC Bob is on a distinguished road
You need to be very, very careful not to get it wet. The bra dye will bleed into the waterbase clearcoat and stain it. However, if you have a dark color, it may be a non-issue. My TT is silver and the stain would not go away. Finally had to bring in a paint expert to remove the stain without repainting. All costs fortunately absorbed by PCNA. Still was a PIA.

Old 06-30-2004, 05:01 AM
carbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud of
Cool

Hey dog,
If it's the Porsche Bra, you will need the 4 clips to install under the hood.
10,500 miles and no scratches from the Bra or mirror covers.
I never put them on a dirty car.
Best of all, NO CHIPS.

Attached Images  

Last edited by carbonissimo; 06-30-2004 at 05:03 AM.
Old 06-30-2004, 05:24 AM
The guy selling it to me got it with his car new and never installed it. Just decided to clean out the garage. He read through the directions and said he had all the parts listed in the directions, including the clips. Best of all, he said he'd send it to me, and I pay him after i make sure all the parts are included and it fits okay. Nice guy. I'll let you know how it works out. Like I said, I just want to throw it on and off for long trips on the highway. No intention of leaving it on once I get where I'm going.

Do you take your off if it starts raining while you're on the road?

Old 06-30-2004, 05:27 AM
Does the porsche bra come with the hood piece as well?

Old 06-30-2004, 05:34 AM
carbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud of
Comes with the hood piece and I've driven in some rain with it on.
Just DON'T let it dry on the car.

Old 07-05-2004, 03:22 AM
AMGGIRL will become famous soon enough
I have the 3M clear paint protection on my Murcielago and SL55. I took the Murci on the players run and thankfully have no stone chips. It saved my a$$. After seeing NYSE guy's front bumper, I decided it was well worth the price of around $4,000 to do the car. I recommend the product to everyone, for their exotic or daily driver.

Old 07-05-2004, 11:56 AM
AMG:
You had the entire car covered with the 3m clear bra material?

Old 07-05-2004, 09:21 PM
AMGGIRL will become famous soon enough
Deputy,

I had the entire front of the car done including the whole hood, the rocker panels, the wheel arches, mirrors and the painted part of the car behind the rear tires. I got it put on at our local Ferrari dealer. It looks perfect.

Old 07-05-2004, 09:44 PM
JASCLASS will become famous soon enoughJASCLASS will become famous soon enough
Deputy, The factory bras fit excellent, the front has a flap for cars with or without a front plate, two clips get installed under the torx screws under your hood and thats it.

Old 07-05-2004, 10:46 PM
Just curious, how does it attach all the way around on the bumper cover? I saw the portion about the hood piece and the torx screws, what abou the rest. It should be arriving tomorrow and I need to put it on right away. The guy who sold it was cool enough to send it without me making payment until I was sure all the parts were there and it fit properly. Don't want to make him wait on his money.

Isn't it usually around $700 to have the 996 front ends (bumper, front of hood, mirrors, front of fenders) covered in the 3m material? I hadn't seen anyone do the rockers and the rear bumper just behind the wheels before, but that's a great idea. The paint is all tore up on the bottom of the rear bumper just behind the wheel.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone familiar with the install of a factory turbo bra?