996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

The remodel Begins

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 05:23 PM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
The remodel Begins

Well I had a slight mishap with the 911 a couple weeks back. A lady didn't watch out well enough and took her rear bumper and trailer hook to the bumper and hood of my car. The good thing is no one got hurt and it can be repaired. The car didn't have any tub damage so this won't hurt Value.

next up: 2004 RSR front end conversion. The MKI RS parts are impossible to find so the insurance is covering the change over to the MKII setup complete with the new headlights. I will post pictures as the build comes along. It should be done in a few weeks.

before

damage

after

Old 04-21-2008, 05:27 PM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
hmmmm, thats gonna look real nice!.... maybe youll decide to keep her when she's done! GL with the build.

Old 04-21-2008, 05:29 PM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
Wow! can't wait to see the after. When you coming down my way again?

Old 04-21-2008, 05:37 PM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
Hey Kirby, we are actually planning a Car and Coffee event to show up to sometime in July. Me and surfer are going to make it happen and bring down some of the crew for two nights in San Fran and some driving with the Nor Cal crew!

Old 04-21-2008, 07:15 PM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
sorry to hear about the "mishap" - but hey it's more of a blessing in disguise eh?

I had the same thing happen, which is how I ended up with the GT3 Cup bumper upgrade

So are you going to change out the front fenders as well? The "after" looks a bit wider on the fenders. Good luck with the project!

Old 04-21-2008, 07:44 PM
swift996 is on a distinguished road
Hmmm, I think that answers my question on rear fenders. Where did you get the fenders from?

Old 04-21-2008, 08:21 PM
daytrader is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by swift996
Hmmm, I think that answers my question on rear fenders. Where did you get the fenders from?
Jonathan,

After I looked at the pics. I remember I saw this type of mod. before. Took out my black book and voila! I found the company that sell them. You can get those rear flare fenders. Either FRP or Carbon. $695 and $956. Also the front fender flare is available too. Good modding!

http://www.gt-racing.com/pdfs/gtr996-986.pdf

Old 04-21-2008, 08:26 PM
swift996 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by daytrader
Jonathan,

After I looked at the pics. I remember I saw this type of mod. before. Took out my black book and voila! I found the company that sell them. You can get those rear flare fenders. Either FRP or Carbon. $695 and $956. Also the front fender flare is available too. Good modding!

http://www.gt-racing.com/pdfs/gtr996-986.pdf
Thanks Peter this is perfect, has some other things of interest too. Oh yeah FYI, I got the pipes, look good, can't wait to give em a try.

Old 04-21-2008, 08:30 PM
daytrader is on a distinguished road
Glad to know you received them. GL with your dream machine!

Old 04-21-2008, 11:27 PM
the front fenders are the same width as my current ones, but I HAVE to go with the new fenders because of the shape with the headlights is different.

Old 04-21-2008, 11:50 PM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
^ interesting, I could swear that the front fenders on the white car look wider. Note the body line at the top of fender flare and how it runs along the left side of the passenger headlight.

Old 04-22-2008, 12:11 AM
Senna is a jewel in the roughSenna is a jewel in the roughSenna is a jewel in the rough
Its going to look sweet Bruce.
Sucks to go through, but light at the end of the tunnel.

Old 04-22-2008, 12:47 AM
HIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud of
id like to take this moment to say...YEE-YUH man thats gonna look so right when its all said and done...and i LOVE facelift 996 headlights

Old 04-22-2008, 12:52 PM
THanks guys!!

I know what you are saying with the front fender. It does look different and I think that Porsche was going after the old school GT2 look with the updated fenders. They match well with the rears also. I like the smooth sides of the current ones I have, but eh....what do you do I am ok with the change