996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Intorduction

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2004, 04:13 AM
Zerbst is on a distinguished road
Introduction

Hey guys, new to the forum! I work for an Aston Martin dealer and I'm really here to do some research on the average Porsche driver and what they like about the cars. I will be selling the new "Baby Aston," AMV8, and being that the car is going to be directed towards the Porsche market, I thought I would start here, the source. Personally, I am a Porsche fan for their reliablility through day to day beatings. I love the way they dirve, handle, but have found that the seats are not too comfortable after sitting in traffic for a couple of hours, but that may be do to my strained back.

Look forward to chating with you all

Zerbst

Last edited by Zerbst; 07-23-2004 at 09:59 PM.
Old 07-23-2004, 05:36 AM
harvs is on a distinguished road
Welcome. So what's the deal with the AMV8s? When is it coming out and how much? Waiting list? That thing is gorgeous.. like a baby DB9 :-D

Old 07-23-2004, 05:45 AM
Ken
Ken is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the rough
Re: Intorduction

Originally posted by Zerbst
..... average Porsche driver and what they like about the cars. .....
I may not be the average Porsche driver (I don't think any of the freaks here are), but I personally drive my car becaue it can go from 0-60 in the amount of time it takes me to think it, it'll run with the fastest cars out there for as long as I like and not melt down, and when I ask the car to stop - it STOPS.

Old 07-23-2004, 05:57 AM
OKHJOON190 is on a distinguished road
check your pm zerb

Old 07-23-2004, 07:16 AM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Zerbst,
since u're a AM sales, can u put me on the AMV8 list.

Old 07-23-2004, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by harvs
Welcome. So what's the deal with the AMV8s? When is it coming out and how much? Waiting list? That thing is gorgeous.. like a baby DB9 :-D

Baby DB9 is right! Well the car will be here, most likey, early 2006. Waiting List? Well lets just say I have about 100 people already on the edge of their seats . Cost? Initially $95-$105K. The article in Top Gear says it will launched as a 6-speed manual (gotta love that, since DB9 is first coming as a Touch Tronic), but then as a Touch Tronic 6-speed automatic.

Originally posted by Ken
I may not be the average Porsche driver (I don't think any of the freaks here are), but I personally drive my car becaue it can go from 0-60 in the amount of time it takes me to think it, it'll run with the fastest cars out there for as long as I like and not melt down, and when I ask the car to stop - it STOPS.

Hey Ken!

I love Porsches response time, to be honest with you. Whether it's the point of apex or 60-80 mph, the car is just there with you. But if you could change something, what would it be?

-Zerbst

Last edited by Zerbst; 07-23-2004 at 09:46 PM.
Old 07-23-2004, 10:34 PM
MANA is infamous around these parts
Zerb,

I am also interested in the A.M. Will there be a higher HP version. Something with forced induction maybe?

Old 07-23-2004, 10:50 PM
ssshhhhhhhh!! At one point there were rumors of a 500hp GT version, maybe with paddles, but I'm not sure if it would be natural aspirated or not. What Aston Martin has done in the past is stuck with one version at a time. For instense, DB9 is being launched as a Stage II Touch Tronic 6-speed Automatic Coupe, then the same transmission in a Volante in Spring 05, then a 6-speed manual coupe and 6-speed manual Volante 6 to 8 months after. There is no question that Aston Martin wants to keep the risdual values up on Vanquish by cutting back production and boosting horse power to 520. AMV8 will be DB9s baby brother, but still have the Vanquish genes. Throaty? Most likely, just hear what DB9 sounds like and right away you know it has the same blood as Vanquish.