Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Prodrive AM8

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 09:05 PM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
Prodrive AM8

Recently, I have read a number of articles detailing the prodrive AM8 with 420 HP. I understand that the owner of prodrive is now the principal owner of AM. Has anyone heard that there will be an option at the dealerships for this upgrade under warranty? I have a C2s that was modified with EVO parts and programing by my dealership without voiding my warranty. Wouldn't it make sense that If the owner of AM also owns a racing pedigree after-market tuner, he would make his other companie's products available without penalty? I have also heard that a sport type with the same performance may be available in '08. Any info would be greatly aprreciated. I am thinking of getting in line for a vantage if more power becomes available. With the intorduction of DFI to the 911 and 30-40 more HP, I would think that AM would want to ante up.

Old 07-13-2007, 12:35 AM
Moogle is on a distinguished road
I think the gains are a bit overpriced, but since it is basically OEM equipment, that is a huge advantage for the prodrive kit over anything else out there.

Old 07-13-2007, 03:53 AM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
The rumors (rumours?) out of the UK are that the Prodrive kit will be a factory option soon. EVO magazine has tested a couple of AM V8s with the Prodrive kit against the R8/M6/C4S and another car I can't recall. Just skip the bodykit parts - they look heavy-handed, even if they are all CF.

Old 07-13-2007, 07:32 AM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
I agree, that car doesn't need help in the body department. I'm on the fence about the wheels. I like the idea of 19" rims but I would like to see some other offerings. By the way, what is the cost of the power features alone?

Old 07-16-2007, 12:37 PM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Honestly 420hp should be standard on the AMV8, 380hp isnt slow but its sounds weak especially for a very exclusive car.

I've been quoted the prices for the Prodrive kit and its too expensive. A Quicksilver exhaust , Ecu upgrade and some drop in filters should do well for 20-30hp.

Old 07-16-2007, 05:59 PM
Superman07 is on a distinguished road
A few articles on the upgrade:

http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evoc...8_vantage.html

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/10/20/p...in-v8-vantage/

If it were "only" $20k USD, it would probably still be too expensive. At least you get an option of what you want. I'd easily leave off the bodykit.

Old 07-16-2007, 07:17 PM
Blazing is on a distinguished road
Very interesting,how power has been abit of an issue with recent Aston Martin's, i remember reading an article(2001 Evo magazine Uk,i have mag somewhere) where Ian Minards,the Chief Programme Engineer for the V12Vanquish claimed the DOHC 48 valve V-12 engine (also used in the DB9 ) "We could get 700bhp easily if we wanted. this is a very strong engine".

Am guessing the AMV8 could have 450-550bhp without much change to the engine,look at the 420bhp Prodrive package
>remapped ECU, high-flow sports catalysts and driver-selectable exhaust system giving 30bhp total,about 10bhp per item. Performance wise i dont think the new Vantage has YET to live or surpass previous Vantage's.

Old 08-02-2007, 10:49 AM
fazooley is on a distinguished road
Does anyone know if prodrive has any US dealers who will be doing installations? I can't imagine the only way I can get the suspension and engine mods would be to ship my car to england.

Fazooley

Old 08-07-2007, 09:42 AM
Michael 996TT will become famous soon enough
FYI - My dealer (AM of Tampa) does mods - will do Prodrive/AM/Quicksilver et all. Might want to check your local dealer.

Old 08-08-2007, 01:38 PM
kaz555 is a jewel in the roughkaz555 is a jewel in the roughkaz555 is a jewel in the rough
Prodrive's engine performance pack for the V8 Vantage includes a recalibrated ECU specifically mapped for UK fuel, and in particular, Shell V-Power 99.
The standard exhaust catalysts are replaced with free-flow units to reduce backpressure and the rev limit is increased by 300 rpm.

With the performance pack fitted engine output increases to 425 bhp (317 kW), while maximum torque rises to 440 Nm (325 lbft), making the car far more responsive throughout the entire rev range.

On the road these improvements reduce the 0-60 mph (97 kph) time by 0.4 secs, the 0-100 mph (161 kph) by 0.9 secs and the 0-130 mph (209 kph) by 2.4 secs*.

The performance pack also features a switchable exhaust setting which offers a choice of leaving the bypass valve permanently open to enjoy the sound of the V8 engine, running in normal mode or a run-quiet mode of just 83 db with the valve closed.

*Calibrated tests carried out with Datron measuring system at Millbrook 13 June 2007 with driver, passenger and a three quarter full tank of fuel.

Old 08-08-2007, 05:55 PM
pilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nice
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
The rumors (rumours?) out of the UK are that the Prodrive kit will be a factory option soon. EVO magazine has tested a couple of AM V8s with the Prodrive kit against the R8/M6/C4S and another car I can't recall. Just skip the bodykit parts - they look heavy-handed, even if they are all CF.
Yeah they say the body kit is a bit heavy in terms of looks, but I don't agree...it's simply more sporty! While the sunspension upgrade is perfect.

Old 08-10-2007, 11:54 AM
Does anyone know the price breakdown on the performance and suspension changes? I would like to leave the wheels and exterior oem to obtain a sleeper status.