996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Supercharger vs. alot of add ons? Is there really a big difference in power?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 04:18 PM
qcraftsman is on a distinguished road
Supercharger vs. alot of add ons? Is there really a big difference in power?

So what is the true difference in power (HP), (Torque) if I do just a Supercharger compared to this below: Anyone have some true numbers here?

1. Exhaust
2. CAI
3. Cat
4. Plenum
5. Chip
6. Headers
7. ECU reprogrammed

I figured I could save more on the add ons since I already have the exhaust, chip, & CAI. All I need is the headers, Cat, Plenum, and ECU. Probably around $ $3500-$4000 compared to $12K plus for the SC.

Old 10-21-2008, 04:50 PM
nine9six will become famous soon enoughnine9six will become famous soon enough
Please refer to this tread.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-bolt-ons.html

which was created by yourself.

Old 10-21-2008, 06:29 PM
wicked 7 is on a distinguished road
Doh!

Old 10-21-2008, 06:33 PM
I made this thread to see if anyone had actual HP numbers from there dyno results

Old 10-22-2008, 07:56 AM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
i think if you DO ALL those upgrades, you'll probably have 40-60hp at the crank
but keep in mind, with all those upgrades, you'll probably spend more or close to the cost of the SC

Old 10-22-2008, 06:39 PM
Banned
jstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by angldrkns9
i think if you DO ALL those upgrades, you'll probably have 40-60hp at the crank
but keep in mind, with all those upgrades, you'll probably spend more or close to the cost of the SC
a men!

Old 10-22-2008, 07:41 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
I think you've already made up your mind and are looking for some backing from your choice... (Don't take this the wrong way, plesae)

You left one factor out when you posted though.... FUNDS.... If you're asking "with" a budget in mind then you may get the answer you're looking for. But I would assume that if you asked the same question and added to the end "but on a budge" you might get people pointed in the direction I think you're heading for.

Once again, don't be offended by my statements as I'm just shooting from the hip here.

-Eli

Old 10-22-2008, 09:34 PM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by FastForwardwheels
I think you've already made up your mind and are looking for some backing from your choice... (Don't take this the wrong way, plesae)

You left one factor out when you posted though.... FUNDS.... If you're asking "with" a budget in mind then you may get the answer you're looking for. But I would assume that if you asked the same question and added to the end "but on a budge" you might get people pointed in the direction I think you're heading for.

Once again, don't be offended by my statements as I'm just shooting from the hip here.

-Eli
+1... lower it put some nice wheels, and enjoy!

Old 10-22-2008, 09:44 PM
I didn't mention a budget because I don't have one. This will turn into a business expense for me. I'm not paying anything for it myself whatever I do.

Old 10-22-2008, 09:51 PM
Originally Posted by qcraftsman
I didn't mention a budget because I don't have one. This will turn into a business expense for me. I'm not paying anything for it myself whatever I do.
Then do the supercharger AND all the "add ons"

Old 10-22-2008, 09:56 PM
well i might of just buy a turbo then ...

Old 10-22-2008, 10:01 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by nine9six
Then do the supercharger AND all the "add ons"
+1 on that call, but why do we stop there? No, budget? Hell, let's just go with a CGT....

Never hear a C2 owner claim to have "no-budget" and not head straight for the biggest gains possible... IME

-Eli

Old 10-22-2008, 10:33 PM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by FastForwardwheels
+1 on that call, but why do we stop there? No, budget? Hell, let's just go with a CGT....

Never hear a C2 owner claim to have "no-budget" and not head straight for the biggest gains possible... IME

-Eli
A wrecked c2 at that...

Old 10-22-2008, 10:54 PM
Originally Posted by Redridge
A wrecked c2 at that...

Old 10-22-2008, 10:55 PM
Originally Posted by qcraftsman
well i might of just buy a turbo then ...
Why not buy a turbo? You are not paying for it anyways and a Turbo can get much much faster with much much less mods.