996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Daughters first ride

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 02:48 PM
jarrod0073 is on a distinguished road
Daughters first ride

I just bought my first p-car, a 01 C2 with 13000 miles. My 3 year old daughter loves cars and going fast so she was excited to see daddys new car instead of my work truck.

After a week i found child seats that will fit into the car and took her for a ride. What i did not know is that the family was getting sick and she was the first. YES in less than 8 miles she lost her lunch inside the car. As a good dad i flew home and let mommy clean up the little girl while i cleaned the car

Just thought i would share

Old 01-08-2009, 03:26 PM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
congrats... welcome to the six... pics?

Old 01-08-2009, 03:45 PM
mathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond repute
When I saw the title to the thread, I was expecting a story that would make me eager for my daughter to get big enough to ride in the Porsche. Now... not so much...

Old 01-08-2009, 04:13 PM
Mathemagician is on a distinguished road
My seven year old daughter loves the car more than we do. She yells "speed boost!" from the back seat and we're only too happy to oblige!

Old 01-08-2009, 06:48 PM
Doug996InKC will become famous soon enoughDoug996InKC will become famous soon enough
Many times when I pick up my 3 year old from daycare, she doesn't want to leave. When I tell her I have the "yellow car", she replies... let's go daddy! I want to ride in the fun car! She reminds me not to put the top down right now though (it's about 30 degrees in KC). LOL

Old 01-08-2009, 07:40 PM
ATL
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
Nice story, hope you were able to clean her up (the car, oh, and the kid too).

My 1 yr old son LOVES to play in the car. He plays in it just about every day. When I get home I'm excited to see him and he runs right by me to jump in the 997. Here's a pic.

Attached Images  
Old 01-08-2009, 07:56 PM
ls911 has a spectacular aura aboutls911 has a spectacular aura aboutls911 has a spectacular aura about
And that's what money can't buy. Charish these times as they fly by...

Old 01-08-2009, 09:32 PM
Breakthru is on a distinguished road
That's a good one. I picked up my 20 month old son from daycare one day because my wife was working late and had the Audi. He sat in the car seat in the back of the 996 very excited and smiling the whole way home! Now when we all go down to the garage in the morning to go to work, he points at the Porsche and says 'car!' and has no desire to ride in the Audi anymore! He is actually crying when i put him in the car seat in the A4. Hilarity.

Once you go Porsche you can never go back.

Old 01-08-2009, 10:17 PM
fasteddie99 is on a distinguished road
^^Smart kid^^

Old 01-08-2009, 10:43 PM
cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ATL-Porsche
Nice story, hope you were able to clean her up (the car, oh, and the kid too).

My 1 yr old son LOVES to play in the car. He plays in it just about every day. When I get home I'm excited to see him and he runs right by me to jump in the 997. Here's a pic.

ok that kid is sooooooooooo happy!!! awesome

Old 01-09-2009, 12:18 AM
alpineovernappa is a jewel in the roughalpineovernappa is a jewel in the roughalpineovernappa is a jewel in the rough
from the title and the first line I was expecting to hear you bought your daughter a porsche as her first car. what a relief

Old 01-09-2009, 08:53 AM
jarrod0073 is on a distinguished road
My daughter loves playing in my racing kart when i am working on it, except when i start it. Some of her biggiest smiles is playing like she is driving. Only a year or two and she can start racing

Old 01-09-2009, 08:55 AM
ATL
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cuemaster
ok that kid is sooooooooooo happy!!! awesome
thanks, he's always happy but happiest behind the wheel!

Old 01-09-2009, 02:22 PM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
Ahhhh, nothing like the smell of puke you can't find on a warm day. One of my twins used to get carsick all the time. I had to trade the thing in in the winter when the faint smell of it wasn't still there.

Nothing but black leather for me!

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 01-09-2009, 03:07 PM
John in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to behold
Our almost 3-year old daughter loves to ride in the Porsche and has never gotten car sick. In fact, she gets all excited whenever I get on the gas pedal. She often insists on taking the Porsche before trips. Here's the Porsche Zoom booster seat that we use.

Attached Images