996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

ECU TUNING:- GIAC or EVOMSit?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 11:07 AM
Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !
ECU TUNING:- GIAC or EVOMSit?

Im thinking of getting it done. Which one should i go with?

Old 05-11-2009, 02:43 PM
mathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond repute
I have the GIAC and have been satisified so far.

Old 05-11-2009, 03:31 PM
tricki is on a distinguished road
been thinking about doing this as well - what are peoples 'real world' experience with these?

rich

Old 05-11-2009, 04:43 PM
Former Vendor
Autoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud of
We are GIAC dealers and I personally deal with them allot! There company has fantastic customer service and they have always met our customers needs! Every time we flash a vehicle, our customer leaves with the biggest smile!

Let me know if I can help!

Old 05-11-2009, 05:37 PM
Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Adam@Autoscope
We are GIAC dealers and I personally deal with them allot! There company has fantastic customer service and they have always met our customers needs! Every time we flash a vehicle, our customer leaves with the biggest smile!

Let me know if I can help!
How often does GIAC update their software/maps? I have e-mail them several times never got a strait asnwer for my 2004 3.6l

Old 05-11-2009, 08:11 PM
OhioC5 is a splendid one to beholdOhioC5 is a splendid one to beholdOhioC5 is a splendid one to beholdOhioC5 is a splendid one to beholdOhioC5 is a splendid one to beholdOhioC5 is a splendid one to beholdOhioC5 is a splendid one to beholdOhioC5 is a splendid one to behold
Is this the same tuning for $1,000.00 and 10 hp?

Old 05-11-2009, 09:36 PM
johnnytaboo is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by OhioC5
Is this the same tuning for $1,000.00 and 10 hp?
This is why I'm currently toying with the idea of shelling out a couple hundred to INMOTION for their flash. I did a quite a few searches on this subject a couple days back because I was hoping to squeeze a few more horses out of my baby. Nothing I read was able to convince me that any of these flashes would be worth $1000 (quite the opposite most of the time)

I've read generally positive things about the inmotion flash, but I could never find a dyno graph showing any actual numbers.

I was thinking about offering the INMOTION guy $200 for his flash (he's got a $400 obo listing on ebay here

either that or saving up for a lwfw (which I've heard produces some of the most noticeable gains

Old 05-11-2009, 09:49 PM
OhioC5 is a splendid one to beholdOhioC5 is a splendid one to beholdOhioC5 is a splendid one to beholdOhioC5 is a splendid one to beholdOhioC5 is a splendid one to beholdOhioC5 is a splendid one to beholdOhioC5 is a splendid one to beholdOhioC5 is a splendid one to behold
Will you post back if he accepts the offer? I've had my car 2 weeks or so and I'm getting the itch for something.

Did you notice he has another auction for 369.00, same ad lower price.

Hate to keep editing, he spelled Boxster wrong. I hope he was referring to the motor design, doesn't look like it though.

Last edited by OhioC5; 05-11-2009 at 09:55 PM.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:58 PM
C70Pete is infamous around these partsC70Pete is infamous around these partsC70Pete is infamous around these partsC70Pete is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by johnnytaboo
This is why I'm currently toying with the idea of shelling out a couple hundred to INMOTION for their flash. I did a quite a few searches on this subject a couple days back because I was hoping to squeeze a few more horses out of my baby. Nothing I read was able to convince me that any of these flashes would be worth $1000 (quite the opposite most of the time)

I've read generally positive things about the inmotion flash, but I could never find a dyno graph showing any actual numbers.

I was thinking about offering the INMOTION guy $200 for his flash (he's got a $400 obo listing on ebay here

either that or saving up for a lwfw (which I've heard produces some of the most noticeable gains
I have a 99 like yourself and i did the GIAC flash a few years ago and boy does the car pull harder above 4500 rpm!! if you have a 99 your gonna feel the difference that's for sure...

and for all you other guys with 3.6 I highly recommend the GIAC flash cause another friend of mine with an 05 3.6 did it with TUBI exhaust and his top end power was improved...

but I will say this much... in many strait line tests his 05 3.6 could not pass my 99 with a GIAC flash and PSE exhaust... and we did many many roll ons... definitely worth the $$$ and GIAC is reputable.. they have been around...

Old 05-11-2009, 10:02 PM
Can you really feel 10 hp? Is your car a tip or 6 speed?

Old 05-11-2009, 10:08 PM
C70Pete is infamous around these partsC70Pete is infamous around these partsC70Pete is infamous around these partsC70Pete is infamous around these parts
on a 99 because of Motronic 5.x vs the 01 and beyond Motronic 7.x ECU you will get about 15-20 hp and yes you will notice a difference above 4500 rpm and the dead spot that plagues the 3.4 engines @ 2900-3100 rpm is eliminated...

Old 05-12-2009, 11:14 AM
chsu74 is on a distinguished road
You will get more out of your flash if you have the exhaust modded to breath better.

Old 05-12-2009, 01:25 PM
Former Vendor
RSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Important Questions to Consider When Choosing Software

Originally Posted by Zookie
Im thinking of getting it done. Which one should i go with?

As a Porsche Performance and Tuning Center, we have our choice of software providers.
On behalf of our highly valued customers, we ask the following questions before choosing software.

1. Does the software truly optimize power while maintaining OEM safety protection features?
2. Does the software have factory like smooth power delivery?
3. Does the software company provide full data backup of each ECU upgraded?
4. Is software free of check sum errors?
5. Is software undetectable by dealership scan tools?
6. Is software tuned for diverse fuel grades and climates?
7. Does the software tuner perform proper O.E testing: R&D, power testing, endurance testing, and real world product validation testing?
8. Does the software offer integrated Intelligent Switching Technology (IST), to safely optimize power with various fuel grades?
9. Is the product free of software related Check Engine Lights (CEL)?
10. Does the software come with great customer support, a 45 day money back guarantee, 1-year Power Guarantee, 5-years of Free Performance Updates, and a 10 year Product Warranty?

If the answer to all of these questions is “Yes”, then the “only choice” is EVOMSit.

Last edited by RSSmike; 05-12-2009 at 04:21 PM.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:52 PM
wlee69 is on a distinguished road
Zookie - Take a look at Softronic...all they do is the software..Though I haven't tried to others like GIAC, I can tell you that the Softronic can be done yourself and can be reserved at anytime (if you want to take to the dealer) with nobody ever knowing that you switched....

Old 05-12-2009, 08:00 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
+1 on the EVOMSit as well Did a Cayenne TT today, a 997TT and 996C2 tomorrow and ever since we started using it we couldn't be happier. Support is great as well!

And the other cool thing is the 45-day money back offer they give with the flashes. Never had to use it but it's cool that the option is there and it speaks for itself:P

Last edited by sharkster; 05-12-2009 at 09:49 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ECU TUNING:- GIAC or EVOMSit?