996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Tubi Exhaust Muffler Failure!! (quality issue???)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 03:23 PM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
Tubi Exhaust Muffler Failure!! (quality issue???)

Guys, my Tubi Exhaust failed! I got permission from moderator Chuck to post this.

See the below thread:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post2609003

Jason

Old 11-05-2009, 04:07 PM
Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !
I had Internal Muffler Rattle last year... I contacted Champion Motorsport... i told them my Issue, they contacted Tubi Italy and they approved for a Replacement... Now i was not even the first owner of the muffler i think i bought it from someone here or rennlist or maybe ebay so i had no Paper Work for Warranty

Anyways Champion told me to get the Serial Number off my Mufflers... they asked to Pay in Full for the replacement and shipping and then to send mine back to them so they can ship it to Italy for Inspection... so i did so, got a new set sent to me, sent mine in and got my money back minus the Shipping Cost

Ill get you the guys name i delt with at Champion once i go thru my Emails... Dealing with Champion was 100% Legit

Maybe you having the Mufflers welded has thrown them off a bit and given them a reason to not Warranty You...

Last edited by Zookie; 11-05-2009 at 04:17 PM.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:54 PM
Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !
hey Jason, i guess it worked out for you eh... I also Delt with Jesse at Champion regarding my Rattle Issue... ANd he did the same Deal for me... Free Replacement, i just had to pay for Shipping

+9999999999999999999 for Champion Motorsport for Standing behind their Customers...

for those who dont know whats going on https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ity-issue.html

Old 11-10-2009, 01:04 PM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
Thanks zookie! Jesse is the man! Can't wait to get my car back on the road

Old 11-11-2009, 02:25 PM
JAYPOTML is on a distinguished road
Jason, i am glad everything worked out, thanks again

Jay

Old 11-13-2009, 01:55 AM
AlFromCalabasas is a splendid one to beholdAlFromCalabasas is a splendid one to beholdAlFromCalabasas is a splendid one to beholdAlFromCalabasas is a splendid one to beholdAlFromCalabasas is a splendid one to beholdAlFromCalabasas is a splendid one to beholdAlFromCalabasas is a splendid one to behold
Wow, I still can not believe that happened to your TUBI mufflers, that is just crazy.

Glad everything worked out well.

-Alex

Old 11-22-2009, 06:59 PM
tranman329 is on a distinguished road
Would you be able to provide me Jesse's contact info at Champion Motorsport. I have a Tubi street exhaust for my 997tt and I have a bad cat that is setting of the CEL. I found your thread regarding your issue and wanted to see if they can help me get my exhaust replaced.

Old 11-23-2009, 04:00 PM
PM sent with the contact info

Old 01-05-2010, 12:25 AM
shweppa1 will become famous soon enoughshweppa1 will become famous soon enough
your post said that you can't wait to get your car back on the road... Did champion ever fix your issue, or did you have to replace on your dime? do you happen to have a pic of the serial number? you can IM if you want. Thx

Old 07-06-2014, 05:13 AM
athena1111 is on a distinguished road
Contact Info

I also purchased a 2nd hand Tubi for my 996 turbo. The exhaust seemed to be in good shape. After I installed it, and reused my well functioning O2 sensors, after about 50mi the car triggered a CEL. I'm assuming I have a bad cat. I have no idea how old the exhaust is, but I was hoping your contact at Champion could rectify the problem. Any thoughts are welcomed.

Originally Posted by Zookie
I had Internal Muffler Rattle last year... I contacted Champion Motorsport... i told them my Issue, they contacted Tubi Italy and they approved for a Replacement... Now i was not even the first owner of the muffler i think i bought it from someone here or rennlist or maybe ebay so i had no Paper Work for Warranty

Anyways Champion told me to get the Serial Number off my Mufflers... they asked to Pay in Full for the replacement and shipping and then to send mine back to them so they can ship it to Italy for Inspection... so i did so, got a new set sent to me, sent mine in and got my money back minus the Shipping Cost

Ill get you the guys name i delt with at Champion once i go thru my Emails... Dealing with Champion was 100% Legit

Maybe you having the Mufflers welded has thrown them off a bit and given them a reason to not Warranty You...

Old 07-07-2014, 07:40 AM
alpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond repute
I think you might be SOL, based on the fact that you bought it used, the cat is considered a wear item, and the fact that it's from a turbo model. Who knows what kind if tune the previous owner had. Running rich will clog your cats and prematurely make them fail. This issue I'm afraid is going to be hard prove that there was a defect in craftsmanship.

Old 07-07-2014, 10:11 AM
Undercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond repute
tubi is great to work with
contact victor if jesse isn't available!

undercoverperformanceinc@gmail.com

Old 07-07-2014, 10:56 AM
geetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant future
I have tubi also for the turbo. They have 100 200 and I believe 400 also.
For some reason even with extenders, it'll throw a code if you have 100 cells. You'll need a tune

Originally Posted by athena1111
I also purchased a 2nd hand Tubi for my 996 turbo. The exhaust seemed to be in good shape. After I installed it, and reused my well functioning O2 sensors, after about 50mi the car triggered a CEL. I'm assuming I have a bad cat. I have no idea how old the exhaust is, but I was hoping your contact at Champion could rectify the problem. Any thoughts are welcomed.