996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Question about N/A 996 to TT 996

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 11:23 AM
Banned
nikeking is infamous around these partsnikeking is infamous around these partsnikeking is infamous around these parts
Question about N/A 996 to TT 996

I've searched and found nothing.

How much power would I get if I where to do a TT set up on a 996 911 Carrera. I want big numbers like over 550HP. Any advice and realist number are helpful.

Old 02-27-2010, 12:47 PM
NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !
Depends what you put on it for turbo's, intercoolers, software, ect. I would expect you wouldnt get a whole lot before blowing up the engine.

It would be MUCH cheaper, MUCH more reliable, and MUCH more powerful if you built or bought an already built 996TT. There was a 600HP 996tt for sale last week for 34k in California. You couldnt think about building a fuctional NA 996 with that kind of power for twice that.

Where abouts in New Orleans are you? You drive a 996?

Old 02-28-2010, 11:16 AM
Banned
nikeking is infamous around these partsnikeking is infamous around these partsnikeking is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by NOLA911
Depends what you put on it for turbo's, intercoolers, software, ect. I would expect you wouldnt get a whole lot before blowing up the engine.

It would be MUCH cheaper, MUCH more reliable, and MUCH more powerful if you built or bought an already built 996TT. There was a 600HP 996tt for sale last week for 34k in California. You couldnt think about building a fuctional NA 996 with that kind of power for twice that.

Where abouts in New Orleans are you? You drive a 996?
I live in English Turn. I doing research for a friend who has a 911 and wants more power with out breaking the bank

Old 03-01-2010, 11:54 AM
Doug996InKC will become famous soon enoughDoug996InKC will become famous soon enough
http://www.tpcracing.com/
Inquire about their SINGLE after-market turbo for the N/A 996. It's nearing final release.

Old 03-01-2010, 05:09 PM
LexGrossman is on a distinguished road
Yeah, I agree with the above posters about being realistic about what you can pull out of N/A 996. I'm also looking into FI for my 996 and looking at several options. IIRC, IMA has a twin turbo kit, but not sure if that kit will produce what you are looking for. As Doug mentioned, TPC seems to be finalizing their single turbo kit, and I have been following aznevoviii's thread in 997 section about his results with that kit. I believe he ended up with ~450whp on pump gas, iirc. That's still a little off from what you are looking for, but I am definitely liking what aznevoviii has to say about the TPC kit. Still waiting on finalization of both of these kits before I make decision.

Old 03-08-2010, 07:58 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Doug996InKC
http://www.tpcracing.com/
Inquire about their SINGLE after-market turbo for the N/A 996. It's nearing final release.
Thanks man my friend said it was good power the power levels where a little low. He will think about it.

Old 03-08-2010, 08:13 PM
teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !
It really would be cheaper and MUCH more reliable to get a Turbo rather than trying to add a turbo to a NA car. By the time you (or your friend) pay for the modifications, you could have gotten a Turbo for the same cost.

Old 03-08-2010, 09:31 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by teflon_jones
It really would be cheaper and MUCH more reliable to get a Turbo rather than trying to add a turbo to a NA car. By the time you (or your friend) pay for the modifications, you could have gotten a Turbo for the same cost.
I told him he was crazy. He thought it would be like putting a turbo on an N/A car like a GTO are some thing like that.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.