996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Limited slip Differential

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 08-11-2016, 06:14 PM
NYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to behold
I have not owned a vehicle without LSD in decades.
Granted, this is my first Porsche.

Why do say LSD without PSM is not good.

I'm confused?

What brand are you installing?

Old 08-11-2016, 10:04 PM
MoeMonney will become famous soon enough
PSM does more than just regulate traction, it breaks certain wheels etc to stabilize the car. An LSD doesnt to that. In an emergency situation PSM is great. For the track and performance driving and LSD is great. SO the best of both worlds would be to have the LSD and PSM/traction control and turn off PSM when on the track. Im installing an MFactory Torque bias diff most likely. Fun for the track. Im getting a turbo down the road anyways.

Old 08-12-2016, 10:07 AM
NYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to behold
OK, got it now
you are installing aftermarket LSD MFactory Torque bias, but not installing PSM
I know what PSM does, there are many makes of cars that have similar applications, just under different names.
If you go ahead with your project , it would be great if you could update us on total cost and your opinion if it was worth it, along with performance/handling
ty
david