996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Led light rear

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 04:26 PM
Mgtythor1 is on a distinguished road
Led light rear

Anyone know a do it urself guide to change out rear tail lights on 996.
Tnx

Old 04-26-2012, 05:48 PM
wyovino is a jewel in the roughwyovino is a jewel in the roughwyovino is a jewel in the rough
If you're talking about keeping the same fixture, but substituting LEDs for the incandescent bulbs, do a search here and on Rennlist.com. The was at least one post that listed the part numbers. Be advised that you may need to add resistors to avoid CEL codes and problems with Cruise Control and PSM.

Old 04-26-2012, 08:50 PM
no replace entire light unit

Old 04-27-2012, 09:53 AM
theoilman is on a distinguished road
Just do a google search of 996 Carrera LED tailights and you will get a million choices... It's been discussed more times than almost anything around here.

Old 04-27-2012, 10:15 AM
buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !
you undo the 2 phillips head screws that you can see when you open the rear trunk lid and it pulls out

Old 04-27-2012, 11:24 AM
Porsche Pilot has a spectacular aura aboutPorsche Pilot has a spectacular aura aboutPorsche Pilot has a spectacular aura about
If you are getting the Ebay led tail lights I can post pictures of what to plug in.

Old 05-05-2012, 04:20 PM
brapp is on a distinguished road
Problems with installing led's

Originally Posted by Porsche Pilot
If you are getting the Ebay led tail lights I can post pictures of what to plug in.
Can you post the pictures on what plugs go with what, that would be great. thanks.

Old 05-07-2012, 06:11 AM
Porsche Pilot has a spectacular aura aboutPorsche Pilot has a spectacular aura aboutPorsche Pilot has a spectacular aura about
Here is an iphone pic of the wiring. Sorry for the quality. Basically you only need to hook up the orange female and the black female. The white is your reverse light and that uses the standard bulb. Do not hook up the skinny wire as it will blow the fuse constantly.

Attached Images  
Old 05-07-2012, 10:08 AM
led light rear

thanks for the pic but it is hard to see. I think i left the orange connector alone with the orange bulb in it and converted the black and a white one to take the led leads. Is that wrong?
I noticed there is another bulb under the turn signal that does not come on, is that the rear fog light?
Thanks,
Brian

Old 05-07-2012, 10:16 AM
I know the pics are kinda crappy and I apologize. One of the silver males from the new led plugs into the orange female and the other silver male into the black female on the harness. One white is for the reverse and the other white is for the rear fog. I dont have the rear fog bulb in as I never use it. There may be some trial and error to determine if the orange is the turn indicator or brake and running light. You may have to swap the two back and forth. The led is powered by the harness itself so there is no need for the skinny wire.

Attached Images    
Old 05-08-2012, 07:18 PM
I will have to try the swap.

Right now i have the orange as the turn signal(square box on light) What is below that..the rear fog light? It does not light up even though i have bulbs in the right and left tail lights.

Old 05-09-2012, 07:26 AM
PM sent.

Old 05-31-2012, 11:06 PM
Tail led

Put tail spyder in all works except the part that has a regular bulb. That does not light up. This is the part closest to the trunk lid. It said to leave orange bulbs in .but put in reg. white bulbs. Any reason they don't work. Parking lights ok brake lights ok reverse ok signals ok..just that one compartment is blank

Old 06-01-2012, 08:06 AM
Is it only on the drivers side? It may be a slot for the rear fog light. I dont use my rear fog so I didnt mess with it.

Old 06-04-2012, 04:32 AM
Both sides under the reverse lights dont work. Borh have a reg white bulb

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Led light rear