996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Vr996ct

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 08:07 PM
stephan_porsche will become famous soon enough
ProAutoSports Track Addict 3 Event @ Firebird International Raceway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwWV6ZSOyYs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq_7NlHrW4U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8zqrqT9cxw

Attached Images      
Old 08-30-2012, 12:24 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Love the new photos!

Old 08-30-2012, 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by vividracing
Love the new photos!
Thanks for the amazing job on the car! Few more upgrades to go...

Old 09-04-2012, 05:21 AM
Any comments on Michelin Cup Tires, Rear: 295/30/18 and Front: 225/40/18 or 235/40/18???

Old 09-08-2012, 06:22 AM
Well after much consideration and numbers emails from 6speedonline Members, I think I will have Dan & Vivid Racing do a GT Street RS Body Kit in January. I love the sleeper look but some huge flash with a crazy body kit is appealing. 9Magazine was gracious enough to feature me in their Sep/Oct issue.

I have been approached by several huge magazines and they said if I did a body kit they would be more than happy to feature me in their magazines.

Dan @Vivid Racing should be starting a Blog/Story on my whole Engine Build soon and amazing 470hp on low boost we achieved. It would be nice to continue on with a GT Street RS build as everything comes together.

Attached Images      
Old 09-09-2012, 03:09 PM
Purplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by stephan_porsche
Just added a center Pod to the steering wheel trim with AEM Digital Oil Pressure Gauge and AEM Air/Fuel/Boost Failsafe Gauge.

The AEM Failsafe ties into my Turbosmart eBoost and im adding a laptop under my seat with my Durametrics and AEM Safesafe USB Options running from the hidden laptop to my Kenwood Head Unit on AUX Video.
I personally didn't like that pod. I bought an extra driver's a-pillar, removed the leather, and fabricated one into there. Then I had an upholstery shop redo the leather on it to make it look stitched factory.

Just an idea..

Cheers
Aaron

Old 09-09-2012, 03:11 PM
Purplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by stephan_porsche
Well after much consideration and numbers emails from 6speedonline Members, I think I will have Dan & Vivid Racing do a GT Street RS Body Kit in January. I love the sleeper look but some huge flash with a crazy body kit is appealing. 9Magazine was gracious enough to feature me in their Sep/Oct issue.

I have been approached by several huge magazines and they said if I did a body kit they would be more than happy to feature me in their magazines.

Dan @Vivid Racing should be starting a Blog/Story on my whole Engine Build soon and amazing 470hp on low boost we achieved. It would be nice to continue on with a GT Street RS build as everything comes together.

Wow man, you're crazier than me. You could have bought a Carrera GT at this rate!

Cheers
Aaron

Old 09-16-2012, 12:56 PM
A few photos my friend took in July.

Attached Images     
Old 12-20-2012, 06:26 PM
Car is back at Vivid Racing for some more upgrades. Puling out the heavy rear seats and subwoofer box. Adding front and rear strut bars. Swapping the Precision Turbo to a Modified Garrett Turbo with better flow, Powder Coating Wheels Matte Black, adding front lips, side skirts and rear wing.

Looking forward to driving in the ProAutoSports, AZ PCA and NASA events in February. See you there...

Old 01-07-2013, 09:51 AM
Some photos from the project. Vivid is painting the GT Street RS Body Kit.

I requested the Green Lip after they already sent them out, so they weren't able to do it. But they were able to do Lamborghini Green Brake Calipers.

They are installing Rear GTS Bumper, GTS Trunk and Wing and GTS Side Skirts. I did not want the 996 GTS Front Bumper because later this year I am doing a 997 Turbo Front End Upgrade and wanted the Round Headlamps.

Also having Hood, Roof and Rear Wing wrapped in Carbon Fiber.

I also have Black Center Caps and Carbon Fiber Mirror Covers waiting to be installed.

Attached Images      
Old 01-08-2013, 07:15 AM
RobbC will become famous soon enoughRobbC will become famous soon enough
Congrats man! I'm excited to see her non sleeper look, lol.

Old 01-08-2013, 07:52 AM
Originally Posted by RobbC
Congrats man! I'm excited to see her non sleeper look, lol.
Thanks! Yeah the problem with a "Sleeper" is no one checks you out. Now in the past, I never liked being flashy in a car but lately I want it to be seen and desired! Vivid is working away on everything and I should have more photos soon.

Along with the nice body kit she will be dripping with carbon fiber.