996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Piece of the car fell off

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 10:08 PM
Vik
Vik has a spectacular aura aboutVik has a spectacular aura about
Question Piece of the car fell off

So I park my 2003 911 Carrera 2 in the garage and lock it. When I locked the car I heard something fall inside the car. I figured it was from the gas cap area, so I open it up and found this piece laying under the gas cap.

I believe this is a plastic piece that fits on the end of the gas lid, so it can hold the security rod when locked. I tried to put it back on the lid apparatus, but could not do it with minimum force. I did not want to force it, because the hinges on the lid could bend or break. Anyone know how I can refit the piece or if another piece fell off that need? Can someone take a quick picture of the interior of the gas lid where the security rod enters the lid?

Thanks,
Vik

Old 06-07-2005, 10:22 PM
The Hot Banana
KO KAINE is on a distinguished road

best title EVER for a post!!!

Old 06-07-2005, 10:52 PM
mikescg is on a distinguished road
it looks like it may be the fitting for the plastic cable that attaches the gas cap to the body of the car, just a guess
mine fell out the first week i had my tt cab, and it pushed right back in.

Old 06-08-2005, 12:03 AM
alamein is on a distinguished road
when i switched my gas cap to the tequipment one I busted that particular piece .... does anyone know where to buy a replacement?

Old 06-08-2005, 12:33 AM
luting_chen is on a distinguished road
haha mine is broken too ^_^

Old 06-08-2005, 12:37 AM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
retail for 1.99 groupbuy price 1.25. need 100 people to get that price though. who's in?

Old 06-08-2005, 01:39 AM
alamein is on a distinguished road
Re: Piece of the car fell off

Originally posted by Vik
I tried to put it back on the lid apparatus, but could not do it with minimum force. I did not want to force it, because the hinges on the lid could bend or break. Anyone know how I can refit the piece or if another piece fell off that need? Can someone take a quick picture of the interior of the gas lid where the security rod enters the lid?

Thanks,
Vik
vik, try looking at the gas cap area once again. There are two holes there ... one that the piece can not fit into without severe force (that's how I busted it) ... and another hole which the piece does fit into (I only saw this hole later). I don't have my car where I'm at right now or I would take a pic ... I think the correct hole is easier seen standing on the right of the gas lid.

Last edited by alamein; 06-08-2005 at 01:42 AM.
Old 06-08-2005, 06:45 AM
ttowsontt will become famous soon enough
i has a peice like that come off of my rear deck lid, there is one peice on each side, and it just popped right back in, it fits on the outside right under the spolier. it could be that maybe

Old 06-08-2005, 07:04 AM
SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !
Lets see Vik. It's a 2003 and yes it's now only 2005 and you have warranty for 4 years. Hmmmm, I think this could be covered under the Holy **** something just fell off my car clause. I would go to the dealer with part in hand...

Old 06-08-2005, 07:41 AM
Vik
Re: Re: Piece of the car fell off

Originally posted by alamein
vik, try looking at the gas cap area once again. There are two holes there ... one that the piece can not fit into without severe force (that's how I busted it) ... and another hole which the piece does fit into (I only saw this hole later). I don't have my car where I'm at right now or I would take a pic ... I think the correct hole is easier seen standing on the right of the gas lid.
Thanks alamein for the tip. I will look at it again.

Originally posted by SmoothCab
Lets see Vik. It's a 2003 and yes it's now only 2005 and you have warranty for 4 years. Hmmmm, I think this could be covered under the Holy **** something just fell off my car clause. I would go to the dealer with part in hand...
I will take it to the stealership if I can't figure it out. Thanks guys for the help.

Old 06-08-2005, 07:45 AM
Vik
Found a picture of the gas cap area (Thanks Orient). I don't know where the hell this piece came from .

Alamein can you point out where the other hole is cause its obviously not the hole I tried to jam it into...

Old 06-08-2005, 09:56 AM
teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !
I had the same piece fall off on my car too! I couldn't figure out what the heck had made the noise...

Old 06-08-2005, 10:25 AM
SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Vik
Found a picture of the gas cap area (Thanks Orient). I don't know where the hell this piece came from .

Alamein can you point out where the other hole is cause its obviously not the hole I tried to jam it into...

Vik, This thread is going different places. If you are having problems finding the hole to slam it into to, Maybe you need some hair!!!!

Last edited by SmoothCab; 06-08-2005 at 12:16 PM.
Old 06-08-2005, 12:40 PM
Miykl is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by 20C4S
retail for 1.99 groupbuy price 1.25. need 100 people to get that price though. who's in?
Does that include shipping?

Old 06-08-2005, 02:42 PM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by SmoothCab
Vik, This thread is going different places. If you are having problems finding the hole to slam it into to, Maybe you need some hair!!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Piece of the car fell off