996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

RS 4.0 Vinyl Stripes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 09:55 AM
Purplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud of
RS 4.0 Vinyl Stripes

Does anyone know a vinyl place that can make these?

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...2&d=1343345415

http://www.porsche-mania.com/wp-cont...x1200_0081.jpg

http://www.porsche-mania.com/wp-cont...x1200_0051.jpg

I found one place, but $450.. give me a frigon break: http://www.kistudios.com/gt3-009.html

Cheers
Aaron

Old 07-27-2012, 11:11 AM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
I worked with Kyle from KI Studios for the custom vinyl graphics for my CTT and could not have been happier. He stands behind his work and will go the extra mile. When all is said and done, you want a quality product (not a cheap misfitted ebay knockoff (ask me how I know ), so the price was definitely worth it in retrospect.

I suggest you give serious thought to KI Studios. There is a good reason why so many P-cars use his services.

Old 07-27-2012, 11:19 AM
Purplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud of
Right. Mate, a 60 yard roll to do an entire car is $600 and that is top quality Oracal. $450 for a few thin stripes is a total rip.

I get quality, but these things are computer cut and that is beyond a reasonable markup, sorry.

Cheers
Aaron

Old 07-27-2012, 12:46 PM
I don't doubt your ability or quality, but it sounds a little bit too much like Porsche tax to me. $200 or $250, you'd have an order already. But at $450, I'm just not feeling it. $450 installed sure.

You even show my exact year and model car, the silver aero, so its already in the computer to cut.

My Super Bee full stripe kit was $110 and I had to install that myself too. I'd accept double for the "Porsche tax", but 4x is just silly... and in saying that my Super Bee is worth more than double of what my Porsche is.

I'll shop around I guess...

Cheers
Aaron

Old 07-27-2012, 02:06 PM
OEM Motorsports stripe comes in at $300... http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...e=RS40extspoil

Just sayin...

Cheers
Aaron

Old 07-27-2012, 06:19 PM
I'm set on the RS 4.0 style. As I have 997 mirrors, I was going to paint them to match the overall theme.

Given I have the metallic midnight blue and silver 997 lobster forks, and Turbo red calipers, the overall silver and red stripes of the 4.0 look and the matching mirror style would look pretty slick.

We can talk offline if you want about pricing... Or not, up to you.

Cheers
Aaron

Old 07-27-2012, 06:55 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
Edited. You apparently don't need the help you asked for if you're willing to throw KI under the bus. If they're too expensive for you, just leave them out of your post. Quality and experience costs.

Last edited by denversteve; 07-28-2012 at 11:15 PM.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:29 PM
Sleek996 is on a distinguished road
If K1 is too pricey, go to a local sign shop or wrap shop, bring some pics with you and they'll get it done for ~$200 with high performance vinyl.

Old 07-27-2012, 10:22 PM
That's the plan I guess.

A

Old 07-31-2012, 12:00 PM
Originally Posted by denversteve
Edited. You apparently don't need the help you asked for if you're willing to throw KI under the bus. If they're too expensive for you, just leave them out of your post. Quality and experience costs.
I do, I just didn't want people to tell me to go to a place that I believe is charging too much.

I didn't get this far paying top dollar for things just for the sake of paying top dollar for things.

It's fine, I found someone else already.

Cheers
Aaron