996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

carbon fiber trunk

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 01:40 PM
PoRsChE_ShIfTiN has a spectacular aura aboutPoRsChE_ShIfTiN has a spectacular aura aboutPoRsChE_ShIfTiN has a spectacular aura about
carbon fiber trunk

I just purchased a carbon fiber hood for my C4s and soon will be ordering the carbon roof. I have been searching for a carbon trunk also and the link below is all I can seem to find. My question is, I have aGT2 soiler on my car now so, will my spoiler bolt onto this trunk?

http://www.gasgoo.com/auto-products/...4/1432095.html

Old 08-22-2012, 06:33 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
It depends on how sturdy it is. Does it have the factory pre-drill locations? Why a Carbon Fiber roof. Does it glue on (bush) or are you going to replace the existing roof. If you're not going to replace and install, it doesn't do anything but waste money. How about the hood? That will save you weight.

Old 08-22-2012, 07:40 PM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
The company in the link looks like they require a minimum order of 5 pieces...

Old 08-23-2012, 04:39 AM
PoRsChE_ShIfTiN has a spectacular aura aboutPoRsChE_ShIfTiN has a spectacular aura aboutPoRsChE_ShIfTiN has a spectacular aura about
I already ordered a carbon hood, I am waiting for that to come in as we speak. The roof is made by GMG racing. It's an actual carbon roof, its not the 3m sticker. I provided a link below of the roof. I want to try and find a carbon trunk to go with it also. I also plan on doing a front carbon lip and a carbon rear diffuser. I already have carbon mirrors on the car. I personaly like the look carbon gives to a car. I was going to do a 997 front end but, I decided to spice up the already 996 look and stay away from all that fabricating and body shop work.

Old 08-23-2012, 04:40 AM
Here is the roof link from GMG

http://www.gmgracing.com/porsche_aero.shtml

Old 08-23-2012, 04:42 AM
Dennis there are a couple places I saw with the same trunk. There is no way i am ordering 5 things just to get the trunk lol

Old 08-23-2012, 07:04 AM
Altaran will become famous soon enough
I wouldn't even buy from that company even without the 5 piece minimum. Looks to be some cheap chinese tuner. Would have doubts about fitment. Additionally, this looks to be a turbo style lid, but it doesn't even say for what model of 996 it is: narrow body carreras, turbo wide bodies, and the C4S have different fitments on those parts.

Old 08-23-2012, 07:22 AM
I was wondering what body it was for also. I was going to call and ask and I agree it doesn't look like an over seas part. It is the only one I have found for our cars though. I really wish I could find one. Would go perfect with the roof and hood. Plus I plan on a carbon front lip and rear diffuser over the winter. I currently have carbon mirrors, I think this will spice up the 996 body nicely and not really take from its original look but add to its already beautiful style.

Old 08-23-2012, 07:46 AM
Correction...I agree it DOES look like an over seas part.

Old 08-23-2012, 09:16 AM
Banned
Dan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond repute
keep us in the Loop, we are building a Customers Track Car and would like to put this CF Trunk on it... Anyone know where i can find CF Hood, Roof, Fenders and Doors for 996?

Old 08-23-2012, 09:31 AM
996 Porscheman is on a distinguished road
Try GT Racing. gt-racing.com. They made my carbon fiber GT3 Cup Wing and carbon fiber trunk.(see below) They are out of California.

Attached Images  
Old 08-23-2012, 09:37 AM
Zook I got my carbon hood from VIS and the roof is coming from GMG racing. They also make carbon and fiberglass doors for the car. I believe they have carbon fenders etc etc.

Old 08-23-2012, 09:39 AM
996Porscheman, how much was it to have them make the trunk for your car? Idw to change my wing so all I will need from them is the trunk and a way to bolt my wing up to it.

Old 08-23-2012, 10:00 AM
Banned
Dan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PoRsChE_ShIfTiN
Zook I got my carbon hood from VIS and the roof is coming from GMG racing. They also make carbon and fiberglass doors for the car. I believe they have carbon fenders etc etc.
Thanks i just Emailed them.

Old 08-23-2012, 10:06 AM
GMG is a very good company, all their products are top of the line. The only thing is you pay for what you get! Not cheap at all

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: carbon fiber trunk