996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

I'm looking toe buy an Intake system. Leaning towards K&N (what do you guys think)?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 05:19 AM
Black_911 has a spectacular aura aboutBlack_911 has a spectacular aura aboutBlack_911 has a spectacular aura about
I'm looking to buy an Intake system. Leaning towards K&N (what do you guys think)?

I'm looking to buy an Intake system. Leaning towards K&N (what do you guys think)?

I know it's been talked about.

What's your input on intake. What's the best intake? Throw some brands, I don't know much on brands.

Last edited by Black_911; 08-30-2012 at 05:26 AM. Reason: title
Old 08-30-2012, 06:37 AM
TraderJoe will become famous soon enough
You can't go wrong with k&N for the price and they are usually on the marketplace used as well. The other one is evoms intake. I went for looks and eurocupgt for the only dual cone for the 996 at about $550 shipped.

Old 08-30-2012, 08:01 AM
Banned
Dan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond repute
EVOMS Proven Design or Fabspeeds New Design

Old 08-30-2012, 09:24 AM
Szymon Kowalczyk is on a distinguished road
Im curious about this topic as well, in the market and not sure what to get.

Old 08-30-2012, 09:58 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
I have always been a fan of K&N air filters and have used them on almost everything I've owned. Just be careful that you don't use to much oil on the filter, it can contaminate the MAF sensor.

Old 08-30-2012, 11:08 AM
nottoshabi is on a distinguished road
There is a long discussion on this purchase in this thread.
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...uestion-2.html
I do not recommend the K&N do to performance loss at high rpm's. If its sound you want then yeah got for it. If your like me and think performance is #1 then everything else, go for the Evom. Read the thread you will know why I don't recommend the K&N. Its just a personal preference I know there are a lot of people that love them and use them all the time.

Old 08-30-2012, 11:34 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
I have sold over 300 of the KN kits since helping the launch and independent dyno testing... They work! http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/k...5-p-24313.html

Old 08-30-2012, 01:45 PM
Black_911 has a spectacular aura aboutBlack_911 has a spectacular aura aboutBlack_911 has a spectacular aura about
Of course I want power. Sound I can't really hear much about it because I have race pipes on mine 130db

Old 08-30-2012, 01:49 PM
Can someone explain the oil thing on the filter. Is that necessary? Because I've had to replace my MAF sensor before, so I don't want to replace it again.

Old 08-30-2012, 01:50 PM
Originally Posted by vividracing
I have sold over 300 of the KN kits since helping the launch and independent dyno testing... They work! http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/k...5-p-24313.html
Any video of the dyno?

Old 08-30-2012, 01:59 PM
Banned
Dan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond repute
EVOMS Uses Dry Syntamax Filter, i have had this System on my car for 5 Years and i Wash the Filter Every Spring with Dish Soap, no oil required.

Old 08-30-2012, 02:19 PM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
@Black_911 People tend to over saturate, you want to give the air cleaner a quick spray and then usually let them sit for a while before installation.

Old 08-30-2012, 02:33 PM
nottoshabi is on a distinguished road
@Black_911 I have an insane system in the car I don't hear crap in the car except whats coming out of the radio. The only way to know the car is idling is to watch the rpm's. The oil is important cause it traps small dirt follicles and keeps water out. Just like ECS Tuning said, just a little oil and let it sit for a couple of hours before starting the car. I would oil it at night and let the car sit. If you read my post in the other thread I describe my hypothesis on the loss of power. And why the dyno tests are accurate but not practical.

Old 08-30-2012, 02:38 PM
How often do you oil them? That seems inconvenient.

Old 08-30-2012, 07:24 PM
Slopeslider2 has a spectacular aura aboutSlopeslider2 has a spectacular aura aboutSlopeslider2 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Zook@SCB
EVOMS Proven Design or Fabspeeds New Design
Zook what is the new Fabspeed set-up?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I'm looking toe buy an Intake system. Leaning towards K&N (what do you guys think)?