996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Good Price for Side Skirts?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2003, 10:58 AM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
Good Price for Side Skirts?

I got quoted $1600 for Side Skirts. I believe they are just the stock ones, Aero Kit?

The price includes the cost of the skirts, painting and installing.

Is this a good price or should I shop around more?

Thanks all
-Kirby

Old 07-17-2003, 11:01 AM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Kirby check with board sponsors Carnewal or Bydesign. They should only be around $900 or so for the 03 skirts. I would add another $400 for painting and installation. Your quote is a little high.

Old 07-17-2003, 11:23 AM
tsweat is on a distinguished road
Depends if you want factory parts or not, if so I would follow Darrren's suggesstion. If you are not that worried about the factory part then prices can vary considerably. I bought mine off of e-bay....not factory, but they look great and you can't tell the difference once painted and installed. I paid $500 for the set and another $250 for paint and installation. They are not the 03' style, but my car is a 99' so they worked well for me.

Good Luck

Old 07-17-2003, 02:13 PM
ESK
Hick from NH
ESK is on a distinguished road
I paid $900 from Champion for the new Aerokit II style. If your car is an '02 or newer, you may want these.

Old 07-17-2003, 02:24 PM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
You don't happen to have a link for Champion do you?

Old 07-17-2003, 04:40 PM
ESK
Hick from NH
ESK is on a distinguished road
954-946-4020 - ask for Jason

Old 07-17-2003, 05:48 PM
Orient Express is on a distinguished road
Prices are high

If you just buy the skirts from the parts counter, they are $277 each, then you need the screws and the nut clips, 12 per side at about $40-50, and a roll or 2 of 3M trim adhesive tape at about $5. A good paint shop should be able to paint them for about $200, and if you can find someone to help you hold the skirt when you put them on, they are a real DIY project. So best case you should be able to get them put on for less than $810.

One thing I would suggest, and I'm sure that others on this board would second, is that after you get the skirts painted but before you install them, take them to a shop that does Stoneguard or any of the other protective film brands, and get the entire skirt covered. The skirts will get road dirt blasted in short order, and will look like sh*t in a very short time unless they are protected, especially the leading and trailing ends.

Old 07-17-2003, 05:54 PM
Orient Express...$277 from the parts counter? Are you serious? Which dealership or where? Everywhere I've contacted about Side Skirts has quoted me about $400 a side? $277, you gotta tell me where, that sounds like a BARGIN!

Thanks

Old 07-17-2003, 06:04 PM
$277 is the net price

Most dealers should offer the discounted price if you press them. I bought just one (don't ask why I needed to replace the one on the passenger side ) at Carlsen Porsche in Palo Alto Ca. The P/N is 996-559-980-01-G2X for the right side, I would assume that the left side number is close to this.

BTW, list for this P/N is $308.05

Old 07-17-2003, 06:27 PM
Banned
bobc4s is on a distinguished road
Factory Skirts at 25% off

New in the box Porsche Factory GT3 Aero kit side skirts complete from Bobby 954-746-0488 at Foreign Affairs a Board Sponsor for 25% off Porsche Factory list price

Old 07-17-2003, 07:50 PM
gobie18 is on a distinguished road
Hi there

I'm interested in installing the areokit side skirts too, I was quotes $790 form Calsen with the PCA discount. For the DIY installation, are there any drilling to the body that are needed. I am a little nervous about drilling holes to the body of the car myself.

Thanks for any info.

Gobie

2003 C2

Old 07-17-2003, 08:24 PM
There is no drilling required

The captive nuts clip on the bottom rocker panel seam and that is how you attach the bottom of the flairs. The top part is held on with 2sided adhesive foam trim tape.

To install you attach the flair with the bottom screws loosely then you line it up on the side of the car ( the top of the flair goes just below the crease line on the rear quarter panel) One you have it lined up you geet your buddy to hold it firmly, any you pull off the trim tape covering, then hold the flair to the side of the car with tape or lean some heavy bricks on it (put towels between the flair and bricks), and let it set for a few hours. Also before you do any of this you need to clean the rocker panel completely to get rid of any wax or grease