996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Mk2 996 nb wheel offsets

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 02:45 PM
alpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ytyper
Well when car lower more and more negative camber. When my car raise up on hoist wheel stick out exactly like that turbo wheel..... But my set of TE37 are for turbo too but that's work on mine and I have no issue of rub in Mosport GP track canada.
Can you provide shots of the rear so I can see the negative camber and can you provide a top down shot of your rear quarter panel?

40mm offset with 285's and no rubbing on non rolled wheel wells doesn't seem to add up. I understand you have -2.5deg camber but if you're not rubbing on the stock wheel wells, you must be paper thin close. I hate to see your tire wear and hope you can afford new tires every oil change.

Old 10-22-2012, 03:05 PM
ytyper is just really niceytyper is just really niceytyper is just really niceytyper is just really niceytyper is just really nice
Originally Posted by alpine003
Can you provide shots of the rear so I can see the negative camber and can you provide a top down shot of your rear quarter panel?

40mm offset with 285's and no rubbing on non rolled wheel wells doesn't seem to add up. I understand you have -2.5deg camber but if you're not rubbing on the stock wheel wells, you must be paper thin close. I hate to see your tire wear and hope you can afford new tires every oil change.
Sorry I don't have pic of the angle u want and the car in storage already coz of the winter coming

Camber doesn't make a major tire wear out but toe is. Although I have toe in and camber is still good for me, coz I only drive around 2000km per year and I change oil every 500km after every track days

Old 10-22-2012, 03:11 PM
ytyper is just really niceytyper is just really niceytyper is just really niceytyper is just really niceytyper is just really nice
Sorry I don't have pic of the angle u want and the car in storage already coz of the winter coming

Camber doesn't make a major tire wear out but toe is. Although I have toe in and camber is still good for me, coz I only drive around 2000km per year and I change oil every 500km after every track days
But u r right is paper gap fitment at the rear.

Old 10-22-2012, 03:29 PM
alpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond repute

Fair enough and yes I agree that Toe plays more of tire wear role than camber which is often misunderstood by a lot of people. Good thing you only drive 2k per year. My alignment is normal and my rears get worn after 12k.

Old 10-22-2012, 03:39 PM
Originally Posted by alpine003
Fair enough and yes I agree that Toe plays more of tire wear role than camber which is often misunderstood by a lot of people. Good thing you only drive 2k per year. My alignment is normal and my rears get worn after 12k.
Honestly I don't really like how the TE looks coz offset way too aggressive and Flat face..... I originally want BBS LM in 18", but find out so hard to fit my coming 355mm trophy BBK and BBS USA keep tell me my order on the LM are no eta ( which I put $2g deposit on January ). So I found this set of TE37 instock in States supplier in August and made a mistake of turbo offset but no return since they shipped out the wheel right after I hanged up the phone. But lucky it right fit on my car which I thought is no way too

Old 10-22-2012, 09:00 PM
eugizzle will become famous soon enougheugizzle will become famous soon enough
Honestly I don't really like how the TE looks coz offset way too aggressive and Flat face..... I originally want BBS LM in 18", but find out so hard to fit my coming 355mm trophy BBK and BBS USA keep tell me my order on the LM are no eta ( which I put $2g deposit on January ). So I found this set of TE37 instock in States supplier in August and made a mistake of turbo offset but no return since they shipped out the wheel right after I hanged up the phone. But lucky it right fit on my car which I thought is no way too
Your Volks looked nicer than I thought. Always thought the TE37s were ugly "flat faced" as you mentioned, but yours is quite nice. Too bad P Cars can't run those wheels with concavity, like M3s. By the way, what are the spec of yours wheels? Running any spacers on your nb?

Old 10-23-2012, 06:44 AM
Originally Posted by eugizzle
Your Volks looked nicer than I thought. Always thought the TE37s were ugly "flat faced" as you mentioned, but yours is quite nice. Too bad P Cars can't run those wheels with concavity, like M3s. By the way, what are the spec of yours wheels? Running any spacers on your nb?
Ya.... I miss my M3 with TE37 before too.....

Front 18x8.5 +51, 18mm spacers
Rear 18x10.5 +40

Old 10-23-2012, 07:47 AM
white out is a splendid one to beholdwhite out is a splendid one to beholdwhite out is a splendid one to beholdwhite out is a splendid one to beholdwhite out is a splendid one to beholdwhite out is a splendid one to behold
TE37 and CE28N are such good looking wheels.

In reference to my pictures, I think that once the engine & trans are in, the tires will tuck more into the fender after playing with the camber a little.

Old 12-22-2015, 02:01 PM
Reviving an old one!

Ever since this post I've had 15mm spacers running all around. Given that the stock Carrera Lighweights are ET ~50 Front and ET 65 Rear, after running the 15 mm spacers what ET have the wheels + spacers become, ET ~55 Front and ET 80 Rear?

I don't math HAHA, is this approach correct? Thanks yall.

Old 12-23-2015, 06:21 PM
JTT911 is on a distinguished road
15mm spacers on stock offsets (listed) would be ET35 and ET 50....I believe.

Old 12-23-2015, 10:07 PM
JTT911:

If that's the case, that's putting me darn near 996 turbo fitment! Good to know!

Originally Posted by JTT911
15mm spacers on stock offsets (listed) would be ET35 and ET 50....I believe.

Old 12-24-2015, 06:04 AM
JTT911 is on a distinguished road
Old 12-24-2015, 03:06 PM
NYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to behold
Question

Good time for this thread, my car has Techart suspension, lowered 1 1/4" all four corners.
Just purchased a set of wheels, 18x9 offset ET47, and 18x11 offset ET62.
Tires that I have and will be used are Continental DW, 225x40 ZR18, and 285x30 ZR18.
Are these going to work??

Old 12-24-2015, 04:11 PM
Feel like you should have asked before you made the purchase

But the offsets seem well within 996 gt3 oem wheel specs. It's good that you're running smaller tires for those new wheels in the case that there's any front fender lining rubbing. I have a feeling, depending on your current front alignment, might have some fender lining rubbing at full lock. The rear should clear with no problem as long as ride height isn't too low. In the case the fronts do rub with the fender lining: 1) you could remove the fender lining and 2) you could hammer/mallet in areas of rubbing, make sure to get a heating gun to warm up the area first.

Let's see those rims!

Originally Posted by NYoutftr

Good time for this thread, my car has Techart suspension, lowered 1 1/4" all four corners.
Just purchased a set of wheels, 18x9 offset ET47, and 18x11 offset ET62.
Tires that I have and will be used are Continental DW, 225x40 ZR18, and 285x30 ZR18.
Are these going to work??

Old 12-24-2015, 08:55 PM
NYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to beholdNYoutftr is a splendid one to behold

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mk2 996 nb wheel offsets