996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Back in the Saddle Again

Old 10-27-2012, 08:47 PM
Second Time is on a distinguished road
Back in the Saddle Again

Just picked up a pristine 996. Owned one years ago and business forced me to sell.
Glad to be back in the saddle. Best car for the money anywhere as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited by Second Time; 11-03-2012 at 01:29 PM.
Old 10-27-2012, 08:54 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
Gorgeous find. Congratulations.

Old 10-27-2012, 09:02 PM
Originally Posted by denversteve
Gorgeous find. Congratulations.
Thanks. Love the stripe.

Old 10-27-2012, 11:02 PM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
Congrats and welcome back!

Old 10-28-2012, 10:28 AM
Originally Posted by ROTtec
Congrats!

I am sure the mod bugs will bite soon.
Thanks Guys. Already mulling over the IMS guard.

Last edited by Second Time; 10-28-2012 at 10:31 AM.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:49 AM
rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !
Very clean these car look great in black!

Old 10-29-2012, 08:23 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Congrats on the purchase and welcome back !! It looks like that was a great find, what are some of the details or back ground information on it. I would also consider some Euro Side Markers.

For more information Click Here

Old 10-30-2012, 07:54 PM
Originally Posted by Second Time
Thanks Guys. Already mulling over the IMS guard.

To the member who PM'd me. The forum will not let me PM answer you until I have more posts. But I am interested.

Old 10-30-2012, 08:04 PM
Originally Posted by ECS Tuning - Porsche
Congrats on the purchase and welcome back !! It looks like that was a great find, what are some of the details or back ground information on it. I would also consider some Euro Side Markers.

For more information Click Here
Well, I did a lot of searching for cars for sale by private owners. I got really tired of (non porsche)dealers telling me they had no idea about the history of their cars. I'd much rather buy from a private owner than a "Mystery" car from a dealer. There was one upscale car lot in Atlanta called "Merlin" that has a white 2001 with only 29,000 on it but they claim to know nothing about its history. Nevertheless they wanted nearly $33,000 for this "Mystery" machine. Refused to budge on the price. Eventually my search led me to an owner in Montgomery, Al who is fanatical about the way he cares for his car. He bought the car in 2003 with 11,000 on it and babied it until now putting a total of 57,000 loving miles on it. Interior is like new and original paint has only very minor flaws that are barely noticable. Hennessey Porsche in Atlanta has pronounced it as being one of the best cared for 2001's they've seen in a while. I paid a premium price but nowhere near what Merlin is asking for their "Mystery" machine.

Old 11-03-2012, 01:20 PM
Originally Posted by Second Time
Just picked up a pristine 996. Owned one years ago and business forced me to sell.
Glad to be back in the saddle. Best car for the money anywhere as far as I'm concerned.

Old 01-22-2013, 07:36 AM
HIX
HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !
If you are interested in Euro side markers (Clear) I have an extra set that are brand new that I could sell you. $30. If you have time to swing by you can check out my 996T also! I'm in north Columbus.

Old 01-22-2013, 07:53 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
That's pretty and oh so clean !! Glad you found the one you wanted. It usually takes a while to find the one you like.

Old 01-23-2013, 07:27 AM
Originally Posted by HIX
If you are interested in Euro side markers (Clear) I have an extra set that are brand new that I could sell you. $30. If you have time to swing by you can check out my 996T also! I'm in north Columbus.
Thanks for the offer, but the appeal of the clear lenses is lost on me. I'm an OE kind of enthusiast. I'm located in Hamilton. Out of town this weekend but maybe we can get together sometime beyond that. I looked and looked for a T but couldn't find a nice one.

Old 01-23-2013, 07:29 AM
Originally Posted by ECS Tuning - Porsche
That's pretty and oh so clean !! Glad you found the one you wanted. It usually takes a while to find the one you like.
Yeah, it took over a year but this one was well worth waiting for. Purchased from an owner who was fanatical about its care. Wonderful car and the ultimate color combo for me.

Old 01-26-2013, 04:46 PM
Stone_05 is on a distinguished road
Nice!!! Glad to hear "return" stories like this. There isn't another car out there that pleases me for the money.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Back in the Saddle Again