996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

spacer bolt length problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 08:57 AM
Stone_05 is on a distinguished road
spacer bolt length problem

I bought a set of 14mm spacers to fit some wheels. The spacers came with bolts but I believe they are too long. I installed the spacers and bolted up the wheels but the car didn't roll after disengaging the parking brake. I don't want to do anything crazy here so I haven't attempted to move the car again. Fronts are fine because I used the existing OEM bolts. Rears are in question due to the spacers and bolts provided (14X1.5). Can anyone tell me how long the bolts should be and if they are too long would they come in contact with something preventing the wheel from moving? Thanks.

Old 12-01-2012, 10:27 AM
Brando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud of
Cool

Ummm.....they should be the lenght of your stock ones + 14mm.

Old 12-01-2012, 10:31 AM
Originally Posted by Brando
Ummm.....they should be the lenght of your stock ones + 14mm.
I don't think my stock lugs will have enough thread contact with the spacers.

Old 12-01-2012, 10:33 AM
Brando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Stone_05
I don't think my stock lugs will have enough thread contact with the spacers.

Read it again......stock PLUS 14mm

My stock one are approx 30mm long, so + 14 mm for the spacer = Approx 44mm.

Last edited by Brando; 12-01-2012 at 10:37 AM.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:41 AM
Sorry..missed the "+". I'm on my phone. Thanks Brando. I think the supplied bolts are incorrect for the car. Not sure what size they included. After doing more searching i believe i know why my wheels won't turn. The lugs are extending past the hub into the ebrake springs. Grrrrrr!! Luckily I didn't attempt to force anything.

Old 12-05-2012, 12:02 PM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Stone 05 The correct spacers you need with 14mm spacers would be 59mm wheel bolts. We offer H&R ones that should work perfect. Click Here

Last edited by ECS Tuning - Porsche; 12-27-2012 at 01:43 PM.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:17 PM
Originally Posted by ECS Tuning - Porsche
Stone 05 The correct spacers you need with 14mm spacers would be 59mm wheel bolts. We offer H&R ones that should work perfect. Click Here
Is that 59MM thread length or overall bolt length? The ones that came with my spacers are that thread length and are apparently too long.

Old 12-05-2012, 01:05 PM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
That's the thread length. Are you using aftermarket wheels ? That could account for the difference. The 54 mm might be the one to go with then.

Old 12-05-2012, 01:28 PM
That's the thread length. Are you using aftermarket wheels ? That could account for the difference. The 54 mm might be the one to go with then.
Yes. Aftermarket wheels. Fronts were fine with stock bolts of about 30mm. By adding the 14mm spacer u would need a 45mm bolt. The provided 59mm bolt was 14mm too long. Thus running pass the hub into my ebrake springs. I'm guessing everything is due to the aftermarket wheel measurements. I ordered 45mm bolts that should be here tomorrow. Hopefully that should solve it.

Old 12-05-2012, 01:29 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !

The stock bolt are 30mm. With a 14mm spacer you should be using a 44 or 45mm bolt.

59mm would be WAYYY too long.

Old 12-05-2012, 08:19 PM
Thanks Tom. My bolts came in today so I'll be mounting them up again tomorrow night. Test fitted the bolt through the wheel and spacer. Looks like I have the right amount of thread length left to mount up to my hub correctly.

Appreciate the replies!