996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

#&$%&#$%ing car got hit by an 18wheeler

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 05:23 PM
teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !
Originally posted by CoreyNJ
Yep, so now I really want to have it put on his record. He's from Iowa, does anyone know how to do that....
You don't have to worry about that. The licensing systems are linked up in almost every state so it'll show up on his record regardless.

If the trucking company gives you any trouble about paying, just tell them you'll be happy to submit it to your own insurance company. They know your company will then subrogate the $$$ from them, which they don't want to happen, so they'll pay up.

As for your rates, no fault accidents do not raise them. I don't know why anybody would think it would...

Old 08-01-2005, 07:45 PM
RobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of light
Call the company yourself. When my car got hit, it was a company truck. They settled extremely fast, they want to make sure that you do not file a claim for medical issues.

It is in their benefit to settle fast and close the case. Call the company directly and explain what happend. Speak to one of the owners, its their insurance rates that will increase, so they will want to make sure that it is as low as possible and if it becomes a medical issue, then the sky is the limit and they know that!

A fender bender is not a big deal to them.

Old 08-01-2005, 08:45 PM
CoreyNJ is on a distinguished road
My problem is the truck driver won't even admit he hit me. What like parts of my car just fall off in the middle of the street and scratches through the paint just appear like magic.

I already called the truck company and they will not admit or do anything till they get the accident report(2+ weeks in NJ).

Wish me luck,
Corey

Old 08-02-2005, 01:19 AM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
Just turn it over to your insurance company to have them take care of it. You'll have to pay deductible up front but should get it back once accident report claims you are not at fault. Does NJ have no fault? If so, you may be responsible for your deductible no matter what.

You can wait it out or just fix and move on. The trucking company is full of BS and a PITA to deal with.

Old 08-02-2005, 04:17 AM
The damage is less than my deductable $1000. It's about $850 bucks if I go with the shop I like. So not worth going to my insurance.

Old 08-02-2005, 04:28 AM
I just sent the estimates and pics of the damage to the truck company. I will keep everyone posted...

Last edited by CoreyNJ; 08-02-2005 at 11:21 AM.
Old 08-02-2005, 12:08 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
That's good, $850 isn't bad at all. Just wait until the fault is assigned and you can get the truck company to pay or else call their insurance company.

Old 08-03-2005, 06:56 AM
NC Bob is on a distinguished road
Exact same thing happened to my wife in her Boxster. Sitting still in traffic in Atlanta, truck did not see her and changed lanes into the left rear. Considerable more damage than your scratch. Fender, rear valence, and 18" wheel = $5600. All fixed, excellent repair job, and no hassles. Their insurance company was great to work with.

Old 08-03-2005, 09:06 AM
PM me the truck company name, I'm curious

Old 08-03-2005, 09:09 AM
RLandis is on a distinguished road
I can't believe you had damage, and it amounts to only $850. My wife tapped a beat up pickup truck in a parking lot, and there were 2 small dents....the lowest estimate from a body shop was $1300. Anytime paint is involved, it's rediculous. Just to shoot a bumper they want $500!!!

Old 08-03-2005, 10:05 AM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
That SUCKS. Be grateful you didn't end up UNDERNEATH the 18 wheeler though.

Old 08-03-2005, 10:05 AM
yep, that's all it is....

Bumperette about $120 bucks, $20 bucks for the retaining ring(if I need it) and the rest is prep and paint. Since I want it painted off the car, it's about 650 bucks to paint the whole bumper and bumperette with the correct german paint.

Cheers,
Corey

Old 08-03-2005, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Redlinerobert
That SUCKS. Be grateful you didn't end up UNDERNEATH the 18 wheeler though.
But in that case he might admit he hit me.... I do say might....