996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Motor Mounts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2014, 02:34 AM
silverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by KoB
FWIW, I looked at the RSS and Wevo semi solid mounts, but ended up buying Torque Solutions ... they were about $100 cheaper. They're not in the car yet (will it EVER stop raining?). I'll report back after I've installed them.

Please let us know! I am thinking of the Torque vs RSS as well. You guys are so lucky regarding pricing.

Over here in europé all theese things are like the duble of what they are in the state

Old 05-05-2014, 06:33 PM
gsieck will become famous soon enough
Wevo semi-solid mounts. Great improvement in feel. Really easy DIY install.

Old 05-22-2014, 10:52 AM
silverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud of
After Reading this thread I decided it was time for me to upgrade aswell, will be installing theese this weekend

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	002 (5).JPG
Views:	90
Size:	192.5 KB
ID:	377436  
Old 05-22-2014, 12:18 PM
p556guy has much to be proud ofp556guy has much to be proud ofp556guy has much to be proud ofp556guy has much to be proud ofp556guy has much to be proud ofp556guy has much to be proud ofp556guy has much to be proud ofp556guy has much to be proud ofp556guy has much to be proud of
Anyone have a specific reason to not consider the function first mounts? They are significantly cheaper than the other options when you consider the core refund.

Old 05-22-2014, 12:41 PM
I can only speak for my self, but to be honest the RSS just look and "feels" 100 times better.

I can´t realy tell you they are, but I learned the hard way that the expression, "What you pay for - is what you get" usually checks out...

Old 05-22-2014, 09:13 PM
alpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by p556guy
Anyone have a specific reason to not consider the function first mounts? They are significantly cheaper than the other options when you consider the core refund.
I have the function first and feels very similiar to the Wevo and Rss. IMO, I think the Porsche crowd generally look for something refined and polished. They rather have something that looks shiny regardless of function. Hence the reason why companies have to produce shiny polished exhausts. I don't see too many Porsche people buying raw metal exhaust for example and the companies know that too.

Fwiw, I don't enter car shows or just randomly pop my hood for people so I can care less on the looks for something like this. It's like getting a nice red anodized clutch pressure plate.

Old 05-24-2014, 01:48 AM
Ok, so I installed the new RSS enginemounts. Was one screw, the one on the left under the coolingtank, that almost drived me crazy. Damn it was hard to tourque to the propper nm.

Anyway, installation ca 45 min.

BUT I had a PITA with my exhaust. The right one is now in perfect aligment, but the left is touching the rear spoiler, so I had, ehum, a Little meltdown when I Went out for a testdrive

Anyway, my old mounts must a have been wery bad, cause the exhaust in total is ca 2-3 cm higher up.

Anyone have a good tip adjusting the exhaust?

Ohh, and do I feel any diffrence, well my absoluty first impression was - hmmm, I didnt change the gearbox?.. Shifting now feels like its a new car!

Last edited by silverfizz; 05-24-2014 at 01:50 AM.
Old 05-24-2014, 11:47 PM
B8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond repute
Hey I was going to cut open some spare stock mounts I have. Any recommendations on material to pour in and "harden"? I plan to re-weld them shut.

Old 05-25-2014, 09:37 AM
p556guy has much to be proud ofp556guy has much to be proud ofp556guy has much to be proud ofp556guy has much to be proud ofp556guy has much to be proud ofp556guy has much to be proud ofp556guy has much to be proud ofp556guy has much to be proud ofp556guy has much to be proud of
I would say the stuff used for filling transmissions mounts. Window Weld.

Old 05-25-2014, 09:03 PM
SpeedYeller is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by gsieck
Wevo semi-solid mounts. Great improvement in feel. Really easy DIY install.
I'll second that! Love these mounts, huge difference in responsiveness than stock

Old 05-27-2014, 09:20 PM
BigDaddy will become famous soon enoughBigDaddy will become famous soon enough
Can I test if my mounts are done ??
I have 180.000 km on my 996 Cab.

Greetz

Old 05-28-2014, 05:04 AM
Originally Posted by BigDaddy
Can I test if my mounts are done ??
I have 180.000 km on my 996 Cab.

Greetz
I think they are done for sure! My cab 2001 has ca 60000 km on it and they where completly done...

My exhaust raised 2-3 cm after changeing them

Old 05-28-2014, 06:34 AM
JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !
assume they are toast.

you can start by trying to turn the nut on the bottom of the old motor mounts. are they rusted in place????

JB

Old 05-28-2014, 11:45 AM
BigDaddy will become famous soon enoughBigDaddy will become famous soon enough
Okay so what are your recomandations...Wevo or RSS ???

Old 05-28-2014, 01:16 PM
Originally Posted by BigDaddy
Okay so what are your recomandations...Wevo or RSS ???

I did the RSS, wery, wery nice looking, great fitment and good upgrade.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	003 (6).JPG
Views:	80
Size:	253.0 KB
ID:	379691   Click image for larger version

Name:	002 (6).JPG
Views:	90
Size:	274.4 KB
ID:	379692   Click image for larger version

Name:	003 (5).JPG
Views:	88
Size:	163.7 KB
ID:	379702  

Last edited by silverfizz; 05-28-2014 at 01:19 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Motor Mounts