996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Are Porsche owners lonely?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 06:45 AM
BostonCarrera4S is just really niceBostonCarrera4S is just really niceBostonCarrera4S is just really niceBostonCarrera4S is just really nice
Are Porsche owners lonely?

I recently joined a Motorcycle forum because I purchased my first bike and I found this post and thought it was humorous. Is this the general consensus for what is considered exotic car owners?

lunaticfringe [Posts: 3077 | Reputation: 264] Registered User

being 60 now i've noticed thru the decades that 99.993% of the ferrari/porsche/lambo/maserati/other exotica pilots not only typically look like dorks....but look lonely and forlorn.

anrkizm95 [Posts: 7783 | Reputation: 383] Moderator
Quote:
but look lonely and forlorn.

especially when they realize their skills dont match the car and its in a ditch.

Gloomshadow [Posts: 1357 | Reputation: 8] Registered User

Only guy I know with a Ferrari is a total mouse... and he knows NOTHING about his own car. Doesn't even know cars work..

snrusnak [Posts: 5061 | Reputation: 24] Registered User

Only reason I'd take a lambo/ferrari/porsche/etc is to sell it to buy multiple camaro/mustang/corvette/challenger, etc.

Old 06-02-2014, 07:09 AM
FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !
Ok, so why did you buy a Porsche? So you fit that bill as well?

Old 06-02-2014, 07:25 AM
BostonCarrera4S is just really niceBostonCarrera4S is just really niceBostonCarrera4S is just really niceBostonCarrera4S is just really nice
Obviously, I do not fit the bill. I just find it funny how one can be viewed because of the car they own.

Old 06-02-2014, 07:28 AM
alpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond repute
I really wish I was lonely at times. With a wife and 3 small kids and only 24hrs in the day, my Porsche has taken a backseat to many mods that have bern stacking up in my garage. Oh, also I've been wrenching over 20yrs so yes, some of us do work on our cars.

The same people that drive 55 on the left lane also says Bimmer owners are jerks. Wonder why...

Old 06-02-2014, 10:16 AM
I hear ya alpine. Wife, 2 kids, and a 90lb German Shepard pup keeps me from taking the car out for a ride. I put about 1000 miles a year on my car for this reason. Got the bike to commute to work as parking in Boston is impossible. Found a place to park a bike for $50 a year. This sure beats public transportation.

Old 06-02-2014, 04:24 PM
alpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond repute
What bike?

So we're both in the same boat except I have 1 more kid and 1 more dog(lab/chow mix and min pin/chihuahua mix) and 1 more bike(BMW r100 cafe, Aprilia rsv1000). Not trying to brag but merely stating all these things take maintenance and time which we both don't seem to have.

Old 06-02-2014, 04:38 PM
Looks like you have 1 more of everything. All you need is another wife. haha... I just picked up a Buell XB12Scg Lightning a few weeks ago. This is my first bike and I am loving every second I get to ride it. Here are a few pics.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	18509_20140531181428_L.jpg
Views:	566
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	381944   Click image for larger version

Name:	18509_20140522112327_L.jpg
Views:	504
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	381945  

Last edited by BostonCarrera4S; 06-02-2014 at 04:50 PM.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:43 PM
AA717driver is on a distinguished road
Ok, it's a motorcycle forum. If I had longed my whole life to ride a motorcycle that misses every couple of strokes, maybe I, too, would trash guys who drive exotic cars.

To each his own. I don't trash Harley or Gold Wing riders. That's THEIR deal. I have ALWAYS wanted a 911. I really don't give a **** what anyone else thinks.

If you're in this for the glory, you picked the wrong avocation.

F#@k everyone else.

TC

Old 06-02-2014, 08:48 PM
Nice bike. Almost bought a Buell myself before. I liked a lot of unique innovations it came out with at the time.

Old 06-03-2014, 07:14 AM
My comments in red to them which resulted in no response back from anyone. TC I am with you on that, I drive what I have because it's what I wanted and it has nothing to do with anyone else.

unaticfringe [Posts: 3077 | Reputation: 264] Registered User

being 60 now i've noticed thru the decades that 99.993% of the ferrari/porsche/lambo/maserati/other exotica pilots not only typically look like dorks....but look lonely and forlorn.

I'm sure the guy who owns this car is very lonely?

anrkizm95 [Posts: 7783 | Reputation: 383] Moderator
Quote:
but look lonely and forlorn.

especially when they realize their skills dont match the car and its in a ditch.

Same can be said about the biker who's bike is wrapped around a tree. Your one of the forum moderators?

Gloomshadow [Posts: 1357 | Reputation: 8] Registered User

Only guy I know with a Ferrari is a total mouse... and he knows NOTHING about his own car. Doesn't even know cars work..

Can't hate on a person who can afford a nice car because I'm sure they have expertise in an area that can net them a car they know nothing about. If you can afford a Ferrari, I'm pretty sure you can afford the service for repairs.

snrusnak [Posts: 5061 | Reputation: 24] Registered User

Only reason I'd take a lambo/ferrari/porsche/etc is to sell it to buy multiple camaro/mustang/corvette/challenger, etc.

And this happens everyday where you are given one of these cars on the list for you to take and trade in. SMH

Name:	ana-lead-image-united-WM.jpg
Views:	453
Size:	192.8 KB
ID:	382079  
Old 06-03-2014, 07:18 AM
I've always wanted a Buell ever since I've seen them in the 90s. They have come a long way. Have you seen the new EBR 1190RX? Post some pics of your bikes.
Originally Posted by alpine003
Nice bike. Almost bought a Buell myself before. I liked a lot of unique innovations it came out with at the time.

Old 06-03-2014, 08:44 AM
porschemama will become famous soon enoughporschemama will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by BostonCarrera4S
Looks like you have 1 more of everything. All you need is another wife. haha...

Then he REALLY won't have any time with his toys. Maybe start a new thread "what's your other toy?" We start with bikes at a young age in our house.

I'm sure the guy who owns this car is very lonely?
I'm glad you called them out. But my oldest child once did point out how 99% of Pcar, Fcar, Mas, Lambo... drivers usually drive alone. After 6 months of ownership, now I realize why: to enjoy ALONE time.

To not think about work or bombarded with questions like why is the sky blue, is priceless. It's a satisfying feeling to just clear your mind from worries, enjoy the early morning (or late evening with a hot date), or cruise alongside other like-minded drivers. After a decade of placing my children's needs and husband's career ahead of mine, supporting the family until he graduates, it feels good to finally enjoy the spoils. It was hard earned and I won't let any haters spoil my fun. They should stop hating and admire the qualities that makes one--Pcar to Lambo owner-- successful.

Name:	bike.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	432.2 KB
ID:	382087  

Last edited by porschemama; 06-03-2014 at 08:47 AM.
Old 06-03-2014, 10:51 AM
silverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud of
haha, funny things those ppl wrote. Long time bike owner my self, allthough currently none. And can just conclude that all those coments can be summarized in one Word........

Jealousy!

Old 06-03-2014, 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by porschemama

Then he REALLY won't have any time with his toys. Maybe start a new thread "what's your other toy?" We start with bikes at a young age in our house.

I'm glad you called them out. But my oldest child once did point out how 99% of Pcar, Fcar, Mas, Lambo... drivers usually drive alone. After 6 months of ownership, now I realize why: to enjoy ALONE time.

To not think about work or bombarded with questions like why is the sky blue, is priceless. It's a satisfying feeling to just clear your mind from worries, enjoy the early morning (or late evening with a hot date), or cruise alongside other like-minded drivers. After a decade of placing my children's needs and husband's career ahead of mine, supporting the family until he graduates, it feels good to finally enjoy the spoils. It was hard earned and I won't let any haters spoil my fun. They should stop hating and admire the qualities that makes one--Pcar to Lambo owner-- successful.
Well said Mama. I still remember being out with the family when my daughter was born and I was pumping gas and one guys stops to say, "that is the best family car I've ever seen".

I grew up riding dirt bikes when a kid and never had a street bike. Started on a yz80 and then moved up to a cr125. Loads of fun and I am thinking about getting one for my 11 year old son.

Originally Posted by silverfizz
haha, funny things those ppl wrote. Long time bike owner my self, allthough currently none. And can just conclude that all those coments can be summarized in one Word........

Jealousy!
I didn't want to state the obvious when I wrote my comments. What bikes have you owned?

Old 06-04-2014, 12:43 PM
silverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud of

I didn't want to state the obvious when I wrote my comments. What bikes have you owned?

Well, over the years there has been a few. By far the most funny was my Suzuki Rgv 2-stroker I still miss it!

The last one was a Yamaha FZ 600, that I rebuilt and painted in Mattblackmetallic, Epic colour!

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	333.2 KB
ID:	382673  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Are Porsche owners lonely?