996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

New guy here, converting 996 into 991

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 04:14 AM
rockyfd is on a distinguished road
Each to his own!

Old 08-13-2014, 02:13 PM
rbdesign is on a distinguished road
OK here are the story and the reason you never should do any business with Wicked Motorworks.

I bought this Porsche in July 2012, freshly imported from Italy and in perfect condition. Sadly mother nature has some Kamikase animales in the woods and one evening a big Deer jumped from nowhere and baam.
The front of the Porsche was history, as was the poor deer.

When I contacted a body shop to fix the car I simly asked them if they had to rebuild it as a 996 or if I could use the insurance money and buy something else.
Sure you can, so I started to look online at different bodykits, but the new 991 was the one that really cought my eye. And Wicked had the only kit at that time. So I called them and there was no problem to get them to ship it to Sweden.
First contact with wicked was in november 2012 and we had a lot af communication on mail as I wanted answers to every little question that popped up in my head. Wicked told me that this kit was something they had ready to be shipped as soon as I paid. The shipping was said to be $800.
I paid almost $10000 in april and expected them to ship it asap.
Then they say. Well we have to manufacture the kit befor we can ship it, and this will take four weeks. Hmm, ok slight miss in our communication I thought to my self.
Four weeks came and went without a single sound from Wicked, so I contacted them on week five. No answer - one week later they write, sorry we have too much work to do right now and we spent the weekend in Vegas. So we need four weeks to finish your kit.

Again four weeks passes withour a sound, and now I try to call them. No answer. I write them - no answer. Three weeks later I finaly get a sign from them. The kit is ready, we just need to dubblecheck what car you had. Well it's a 996 C2 - ohh so you don't have a 996 turbo?
No, I don't have a 996 turbo, never said anything about a turbo.
Well, we built the kit for the turbo version so now we have to start all over, we need four weeks.

Again four weeks passes. I try to contact them with demands that they need to compensate me for this. No answer for three weeks.
Then I wrote that I want my money back - thay answer the next day and tell me that they only wait for one small detail.
And this went on and on and on. Every time I was complaining, they stopped communication for two-three weeks. And when they later gave me some ansver, it was always one small part missing befor they could ship it.

Finaly in the end off October they write that the kit is ready to be shipped, but now they want $1800 for shipping it. And if that didn't fit I could try to fix the shipping on my own. Wow, the customer service is nowhere to be found. So I paid since I for the last two month was accepting that I would never see any parts and that this was a lesson for life.

Three weeks later two parcels of somthing arrive at custom center in Sweden, and I have to pay $2000 in importcharge/custom fee befor they deliver it to the workshop.
My guy at the workshop calls me and tells me that I need to come and take a look.

On the Wicked site they write that the kit is manufactured using NEW original Porsche parts. Well the front corner wings and the hood was old used 997 parts, spraypainted with a light gray paint, and the converting of the 997 front corner wing to fit the 996 was simply a terrible welded end part of a 996 front fender and some horrible metalparts as 996 mountings.
Looked like a kid had played with a welding machine.
And the fibreglass front was one of the worst thing ever.
And as if it wasn't enough, alot of parts was missing. The 997 hood hinges, gas door and other small details. So I contacted Wicked again and finaly got the parts delivered two weeks later
This kit was also described as original part converted to fit straight on to a 996. That's a lie.
The 996 fender rails have a crest on them hindering the 997 fender to sit right.
So all the factory welds has to be drilled out on the upper lid.
Then rip it off and weld a new smooth lid to the top that the 997 fender can rest on.

Now this would take some time to do, so it was cheeper to order new carbon/glassfibre front fender wings from Germany. They came with a truck only three days later, wow.

Fitted perfectly and looked great. Should have used them from the start. And they cost just a fraction of what wicked charged for used ugly parts.

Let this be a lesson to ALL of you
NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM WICKED

You can even google wicked motorworks scam and you will have some interesting reading.

This conversion has cost me $20000 and you can do this a lot cheeper if you buy your part from other companies or even if you buy old/used 997 parts and convert them your self to 996.

Last edited by rbdesign; 08-13-2014 at 02:18 PM.
Old 08-13-2014, 09:45 PM
alpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond repute
Wow sorry about your misfortune. At least you can put all of this behind you. Just curious, how much can you buy a 2005 997 over there for these days?

Can you let me know the fender company from Germany? There's only two places here that sell well fitting frp conversion fenders but they are pretty pricey.

Old 08-14-2014, 04:38 PM
A 997 from 2005 can be found from $45000 and up, but alot cheeper in Italy

Here are the best companies in Europe

The German company

http://en.csr-shop.info/public/catal...4-5e98792cc603

and the Italian company

http://www.florencecarbondesign.com/

Old 08-14-2014, 09:00 PM
alpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rbdesign
A 997 from 2005 can be found from $45000 and up, but alot cheeper in Italy

Here are the best companies in Europe

The German company

http://en.csr-shop.info/public/catal...4-5e98792cc603

and the Italian company

http://www.florencecarbondesign.com/
Thanks, do you have a direct link to the fenders you bought?

Old 08-15-2014, 01:47 AM
Well I bought them thru Ebay since thay have a lot of auctions there.
So search for KOT001 and KOT002 and you will find it.

Old 08-15-2014, 02:49 PM
OK guys, I'm going to post some links to different things to see if you think it would fit this car or not

What about these mirrors.

http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages/...0,0,0&format=0

Old 08-15-2014, 02:51 PM
Old 08-15-2014, 02:52 PM
Old 08-15-2014, 04:06 PM
MkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud of
car turns out very nice...great job
as for the mirrors, it look unique. haven't seen that one before..I say go for it.
the 1st side skirt just look too plain for that 991 bumper....IMO
the 2nd side skirt look nice if you have the MK1 aero bumper.

I would pick something like these but thats just me
the vent on the Prior Design side skirt matches your rear & front bumper vents..just something to think about..
but hey its your car so pick what ever fits your style

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	side skirt2.JPG
Views:	421
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	399290   Click image for larger version

Name:	side skirt.JPG
Views:	340
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	399291   Click image for larger version

Name:	side skirt 3.JPG
Views:	278
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	399292  

Last edited by MkC2S; 08-15-2014 at 04:18 PM.
Old 08-16-2014, 07:14 AM
silverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud of
Mirrors looked wicked, in a good way =)

Sideskirts number 2 goes best to oem gt3 front bumper IMO, I Would go for a Little more aggrsive look, maybe the MKII sideskirts.

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...ory_Code=996G2

Old 08-16-2014, 09:31 AM
I vote the first sideskirts as it wouldn't stick out but blend in. The 991 has no sharp angles so IMO, everything should be smooth.

Old 08-18-2014, 10:18 AM
cerg82 is on a distinguished road
Great looking mirrors! I'm partial to the second ones since I have those on mine

Old 08-19-2014, 06:02 AM
porschemama will become famous soon enoughporschemama will become famous soon enough
Late to the party, beautiful work! Wish you had known about wicked earlier. They have been banned on 6speed though their ads are still up for some time due to ad payment contract (if what I read was accurate).

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...tor-works.html

Old 09-20-2014, 04:21 PM
Acmw will become famous soon enough
so if i have a 997.2 and want to do the 991 facelift , all i would need is the bumper and headlights right?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New guy here, converting 996 into 991