996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Took a trip up to Mt. Evans... some road rage NO 56K

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 08:35 PM
Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !
Well, the guy in the truck was an ***, regardless of whether Sandoval should have moved over or not. He was in a vehicle tall enough to see over traffic, so he knew how crowded it was. He still tailgated horribly and endangered everyone's lives by passing on the shoulder on an interstate. I wouldn't even do that on some country road, unless we were going less than 15 mph. All he had to do was exercise a little patience, and the world would have been a better place. Alternatively, he could have lost it on the shoulder, killed himself on the center divider, and the world would probably be a better place then, too.

Old 10-04-2005, 09:03 PM
Orient Express is on a distinguished road
The logic here is to stay to the right, it is as simple as that. If the traffic is moving the same in both lanes, then move to the right so the passing lane can become just that.

The world is full of individuals like the one in the truck, and by staying in the right lane, situations like the one that happened here can be avoided.

Old 10-05-2005, 06:53 AM
CoreyNJ is on a distinguished road
Where is Darwin when you need him....

Too bad he didn't lose control slam into the center median(just not near Eric's car).

I love when I see an idiot driving like one and later see their car involved in an accident or pulled over by a cop as I slowly rubber neck by. Happens a lot here in NJ on the Garden state parkway.

Old 10-05-2005, 07:18 AM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Orient Express
Sandoval:

Unfortunately, you and many others were in the wrong lane that day. This is a good lesson that the left lane is for passing, not for cruising, no matter what the traffic density. If you had been in the right lane, this would have not happened to you. As soon as you saw this fellow closing on you, your right blinker should have come on, and you should have started to find an opening. Those in the right lane will see your situation, and open a space for you. Further this guy on your *** would have seen that you were yielding, and probably would have not acted in the way you describe.

Remember, unless you are passing another vehicle, then you should be driving in the farthest right lane.

I for one make an extra effort not to drive in the left lane except when passing(and I do that at every opportunity ). I notice that others that may be cruising in the left lane are passed by me, they tend to get over to the right on their own. When all lanes are traveling at the same speed, it is even more important to get to the right, so the congestion will ease, and allow the left lane to be better utilized.
Hate to disagree with you mr. orient, but I70 is typically locked in both lanes. In these conditions it is unrealistic to follow the generally true suggestion to drive right & pass left. Seriously, there is no way anyone should be passing!!!There is a CO law requiring you to drive in the right lane (speed limits over 65), but not during certain conditions (rush hour). Sandoval was like 100s of others just trying to fill the lanes to get back. There IS a LAW against driving (and passing on the shoulder). That guy was an AS*HOLE.

Of course it doesn't do any good to get your panties in knots...just think possitive thoughts (like remember those beautiful fall colors and skiing right around the corner and your driving a fantastic car...turn up the tunes and go with the flow).

Great pictures BTW.

Old 10-05-2005, 09:45 AM
Orient Express is on a distinguished road
Absolutely agreed that the fellow in the truck was wrong in passing on the shoulder. (I have yet to understand the wild west driving mentality of mountain cowboys and hillbillies). I'm sure that it made an already tense driving situation worse by having to compensate for his dangerous and juvenile antics. All the more reason to yield out of his way.

But that is not my point, the larger issue is that here in the US, lane discipline is very lax, and is the major cause of highway congestion.

Every one of you that are justifying driving in the left lane because of the congestion are ignoring the fact that it is just that action that is causing the congestion.

Here in California, I have found that in heavy traffic, the far right lane is usually the least congested and faster lane to be in. Why? It seems to be because the prevailing logic is that drivers want to make better time, ergo they should be in the "faster" lane. So when everybody gets in the left lane "to make better time" the capacity of that lane becomes saturated, and its average speed drops.

Try it yourself next time you are in a high volume road situation. Try getting in the far right lane, and see how much better time you make.

Old 10-05-2005, 10:12 AM
Ken
Ken is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the rough
The third one looks like it should be a poster.

Old 10-05-2005, 06:42 PM
DCM
DCM is on a distinguished road
SANDOVAL,

PM sent with the details for Sunday.

Old 10-05-2005, 07:04 PM
Banned by Moderators
SANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura about
DCM Thanks for the invite I sent you a PM see you on Sunday.