996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

TiKORE titanium lugs bolts vs. OEM

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2014, 02:21 PM
Basic Sponsor
TiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of light
TiKORE titanium lugs bolts vs. OEM

TiKORE Tuesday, where a local 997.1 turbo Porsche customer showed up for his install of a matte titanium 2-piece Porsche TiKORE titanium lug bolt set.

The customer had an immaculate Porsche sporting a set of HRE wheels, however that were bolted on by a set of corroded OEM lugs that physically were seized to the wheels...and had to be replaced.

http://www.tikore.com/porsche/

TiKORE machines in house out of an aerospace certified grade 5 6AL-4V titanium. Certified means each batch of material is tested to ensure the mechanical properties are correct. Each lug is manufactured individually to strict tolerances and all threads are rolled not cut for superior strength and wear-resistance.

Now for the install photos.

...and we had to take some with the TiKORE 997.1 turbo shop car

Instagram: @tikore

#welugwheels #pureautomotivejewelry #tikore #nonstopmachineshop

Old 11-27-2014, 10:37 AM
Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !
Nice looking hardware.

I read where titanium engine rods are considered wear items as they stretch over time.

Do the titanium lug bolts have to be replaced after some many miles or torquing operations?

Old 12-04-2014, 12:32 PM
Basic Sponsor
TiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Macster
Nice looking hardware.

I read where titanium engine rods are considered wear items as they stretch over time.

Do the titanium lug bolts have to be replaced after some many miles or torquing operations?
We have a race car that has had the lugs torqued down 100 + times (tire changes) with zero issues.

Old 12-19-2014, 02:01 PM
Basic Sponsor
Happy Holidays from the TiKORE team. Just a heads up, we will be closed next week.

PM us here or e-mail CFallon@tikore.com directly with your inquiry to get on the production schedule for the new year.

Looking forward to 2015!

Old 01-05-2015, 01:36 PM
Basic Sponsor
Holiday orders have been shipped.

Happy New Year!

Contact CFallon@tikore.com to order yours today.

Old 01-15-2015, 02:27 PM
Basic Sponsor

OEM corroded lug bolts.

...and in with the TiKORE titanium lug bolts.

Old 01-21-2015, 11:04 AM
Porsche99 is on a distinguished road
Lookee what I found and less than 1/2 your price!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-911-...ca449c&vxp=mtr

Competition.........it was meant to be.

Just bought the set and OH MY GAWD!!! They are beautiful and perfect!

Old 01-21-2015, 12:34 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by Porsche99
Lookee what I found and less than 1/2 your price!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-911-...ca449c&vxp=mtr

Competition.........it was meant to be.

Just bought the set and OH MY GAWD!!! They are beautiful and perfect!
Feel free to run Chinese parts on your car if you feel they are up to spec.

We spend more in certified raw material than that entire set costs.

Old 01-22-2015, 08:51 AM
Originally Posted by TiKORE
Feel free to run Chinese parts on your car if you feel they are up to spec.

We spend more in certified raw material than that entire set costs.
They are your spec. Just like everything they do, they copy and 'TRY' and make it better.............
In this instance, in my opinion, they succeeded.

I'll keep the remainder of the $500.00 and pay my monthly association thank you

Last edited by Porsche99; 01-22-2015 at 11:06 AM.
Old 01-22-2015, 09:09 AM
dporto is on a distinguished road
They are your spec. Just like everything they do, they copy and make it better.............

"Everything they do" might be a little optimistic There's certainly plenty of Chinese junk out there (especially on Ebay). Now that being said, I also think close to $800.00 for 20 lug bolts is ridiculous and IMO smacks of gouging. Say what you will about machining/tooling costs etc., but come on - IT'S A LUG BOLT !!! Jewelry for your car? Whatever... I'd like to see a metallurgical analysis of the Chinese bolts to see if they're truly what they say they are - highest grade titanium (Grade 5 6AL4V Titanium).

Old 01-22-2015, 10:08 AM
Originally Posted by dporto
"Everything they do" might be a little optimistic There's certainly plenty of Chinese junk out there (especially on Ebay). Now that being said, I also think close to $800.00 for 20 lug bolts is ridiculous and IMO smacks of gouging. Say what you will about machining/tooling costs etc., but come on - IT'S A LUG BOLT !!! Jewelry for your car? Whatever... I'd like to see a metallurgical analysis of the Chinese bolts to see if they're truly what they say they are - highest grade titanium (Grade 5 6AL4V Titanium).

agreed. $800.00 for lug bolts is just stupid and using 'weight savings' is just a slap in the face.

These lugs are beautiful and right at the Dealership price point for OEM rusted lug bolts right off the shelf.

I posted this for those who do not like being 'slapped' in the face

Old 01-22-2015, 10:19 AM
There are also these in SS... http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-PORSCHE-9...-/250559593481 nice...even less expensive!

Old 01-22-2015, 11:08 AM
There are also these in SS... http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-PORSCHE-9...-/250559593481 nice...even less expensive!

Stainless is a NO NO! They bond to the rotors like glue.

Old 01-22-2015, 11:15 AM
Stainless is a NO NO! They bond to the rotors like glue.

Anti-seize? No? If no, why not (for instance I know it's not recommended on spark plugs due to potential grounding issues) ?

Old 01-22-2015, 11:18 AM
Anti-seize? No? If no, why not (for instance I know it's not recommended on spark plugs due to potential grounding issues) ?

Never intended for a vehicle. NO antiseize / NO Stainless Steel.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TiKORE titanium lugs bolts vs. OEM