996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Mods... A healthy drug!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2003, 07:45 PM
Banned by Moderators
SANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura about
Talking Mods... A healthy drug!

3 Months ago I sold my 3 year project that was described as a money pit! (See www.968S.com )... Well it has been just over a month since I became the proud owner of a 2001 996 C2 Coupe... Even more interesting I have never driven the car!!! My new baby is stuck on the second level of a transporter stranded in Maryland. The Rig has Major engine problems which eliminates the use of the hydraulics so I am held hostage... I am told that the truck should be west bound on Monday however I heard that same tune last Friday... Oh well all of this time has given me the chance to do a few mods... well at least collect a few!

Support the Sponsors!!!

ROW M030 Kit (Carnewal)
Litronics Retrofit kit (Foreign Affairs)
04' GT3 Wing (Foreign Affairs)
Porsche Sport Exhaust (PCNA Charity Auction)
B&M Short Shifter (Foreign Affairs)
Clear turn Lenses (Carnewal)
V1 Integrated Mirror (Beast Power)
TechArt Hardwire Phone Console
Rennline Alm. Pedals (Rennline)

I also purchased a set of stock Black Calipers and I am rebuilding them (They had a 1000 miles on them did not really need the rebuild) Since I am Powdercoating they are being rebuilt. I may start rebuilding these calipers for other people for something to do if you want to change your calipers to a different color let me know.

I also picked up a set of GT2 sport seats with embosed crest from a fellow member. I will be adding a Set of Black 18" TechArt Formula GT Wheels when the car gets here. Also in the near horizon: Rear Bumperettes painted, Door Plugs (www.bumperplugs.com), Front end covered in 3M film, Silver hood crest, Silver Steering wheel, Evo Stage 1 (GAIC chip and Intake 28HP) hmmmm that is it for now! SERIOUSLY! Maybe Traffic Pro for X-mas

Last edited by SANDOVAL; 11-15-2003 at 09:34 AM.
Old 11-14-2003, 07:59 PM
dpblessing is on a distinguished road
looks like a nice start...

Old 11-14-2003, 07:59 PM
longhorn911 is on a distinguished road
Sandoval! You are a modding nut case! I'm jealous! Congrats on the new car and all of the new appendages awaiting in your garage. Of course we'll want before/after picts when you are done!

My "to do" mod list is not nearly as large and consists of adding side skirts (they are at the dealer waiting to go to the body shop) and clear side markers. Fortunately my car came with a lot of goodies already on it because I am now out of modding $ for the rest of the year.

I can also sympathize with you waiting on your car to arrive via transport. I took delivery of mine last Thursday and it was over a week late coming from Philly due to weather and truck mechanical failure. The wait is excrutiating! Hang in there - it will be worth it when it finally arrives...

Again, congrats on all the cool mods...

Old 11-14-2003, 10:17 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
wow you got the disease all right!!! Sorry about the truck situation that sucks! They better not be charging you $$$ still ?
Dj

Old 11-14-2003, 11:59 PM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
Time to sign up for Mods-Anonamous. Hi My name is <Blank> and I have a Mod'ing problem.

Old 11-15-2003, 08:30 AM
ESK
Hick from NH
ESK is on a distinguished road
Look on the bright side, pretty soon you'll have enough parts to build your own car if yours never show up!

Old 11-15-2003, 10:35 AM
msindi is on a distinguished road
BEWARE - modding may cause bankrupcy....

Old 11-15-2003, 11:38 AM
Banned by Moderators
SANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura about
There is a strict Mod's Budget! Without it I would have an EVO Supercharger sitting in a box next to the crated GT3 Engine

Old 11-19-2003, 01:37 AM
Turbo Racer is on a distinguished road
Hope they make your first car payment. Love the mods. enjoy.