996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

EVO Supercharger Owners' Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 07:40 PM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
did the flash download ok? Is it the right version? Im assuming its GIAC certified.

Old 04-25-2007, 03:04 AM
NikosFindas is on a distinguished road
The car is running fine until 5800 rpm.I had put on Colder Spark Plugs from Denso but Evoms told me to replace them with the Factory one's.I did that but the problem remained.I have replace the Coils with New ones but the problem remains.I think it is not a software problem because if it was the problem should have occured from day one!PLease explain what WOT is????
I am afraid that i have a history on Vario Cam problem.LAst year,when the car was NA for some reason it lost degrees from one Cam because of not syncronizing with VArioCam.I never understand then neither why did this happened,and what should i do to avoid similar problems in the future.I really hope this not the issue here...

Old 04-25-2007, 04:19 AM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by NikosFindas
The car is running fine until 5800 rpm.I had put on Colder Spark Plugs from Denso but Evoms told me to replace them with the Factory one's.I did that but the problem remained.I have replace the Coils with New ones but the problem remains.I think it is not a software problem because if it was the problem should have occured from day one!PLease explain what WOT is????
I am afraid that i have a history on Vario Cam problem.LAst year,when the car was NA for some reason it lost degrees from one Cam because of not syncronizing with VArioCam.I never understand then neither why did this happened,and what should i do to avoid similar problems in the future.I really hope this not the issue here...
WOT is wide open throttle
5800 is about when variocam kicks in, the problem might be related as it alters the timing considerably

Old 04-26-2007, 11:21 AM
OK Finally i have lockated the problem....My Catalyts were totally destroyed,i mean blown away....

I am thinking to replace them with by-pass cats(no cats at all).Am i going to have a power loss with that because of Backpressure?

Old 04-26-2007, 12:12 PM
1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future
What year is your car? Cats are warranted for 8 years IIRC.

Old 04-26-2007, 04:36 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NikosFindas
OK Finally i have lockated the problem....My Catalyts were totally destroyed,i mean blown away....

I am thinking to replace them with by-pass cats(no cats at all).Am i going to have a power loss with that because of Backpressure?
don't go with the catbypasses. they sound like *** on the 996. i had them on my car for a day. they really sound awful. not to mention you'll probably have a permanent CEL. get some high flow cats instead. i'm still not sure why your car would be misfiring due to the cats, but then i'm not a mechanic either

Old 05-06-2007, 05:10 AM
The Car still isn’t working at all, but i believe i have a breakthrough why. The Damage that occurs is mainly P300 which means random misfires. When i dissembled the headers and had a closer look at the exhaust valves i noticed some leaks. This could explain why i am having my cats destroyed al the time and it also can explain the Misfiring problem, right? So i am focusing now to check all Valves to see if they bend ,the EGR Valve, the Head Gasket , Vacum Lines at the Intake and then Check the Fuel Pump with its Filters or the pressure Regulator.

I am really hoping to soon get over with my problems. I am looking forward to have my car Back in my hands.

Old 05-06-2007, 08:14 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Sounds like you bent a valve, possibly due to misaligned variocam. If that's the case you need a motor rebuild. There are a few outfits, esp in Europe that are selling the parts now, GL.

Old 05-07-2007, 12:57 AM
Originally Posted by C4S Surgeon
Sounds like you bent a valve, possibly due to misaligned variocam. If that's the case you need a motor rebuild. There are a few outfits, esp in Europe that are selling the parts now, GL.

You mean like a Fully Rebuilt (Pistons-Piston Rings-Rods-Crank-Sleeves) or just a rebuilt in the Head(Valves-Valve Drive-Port and Polish etc.).I dont thin i am going to need to replace all those things, just in the Head i might be wrong but then again who knows...maybe i will have to.

The only think that bothers me is why now? The VarioCam Misaligned about a Yea Ago. The Car was going fine for a N/A car. The problem Showed Up the Night of the Supercharging in the Second Test....I dont know. The Dealership will test the compression on Thursday and continue in dissembling the Motor and replace the Part which are faulty if needed.

Old 05-07-2007, 09:34 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
If you bend a valve, ie the valve has hit a piston, and by definition has damaged the piston, yes, you need a full rebuild to do it right. Usually the cost is not as bad as you would think, you'd need rings, bearings, blueprinting/balancing /cylinder honing and replacing damaged parts(oem), any decent machine shop can do it for you. Just patching up the missing part is kinda half assed and will only cause more problems in the future. GL