996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

HELP! Disconnected the AC BLower! Goes Where?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2015, 11:07 AM
cinellipro is on a distinguished road
HELP! Disconnected the AC BLower! Goes Where?

Hello. I changed the ignition switch on my 99 C2. While pulling off the plastic AC vent hose located below the switch I think I pulled and disconnected a set of cables with connectors. The problem is I cannot locate where it should be plugged.

After installing the switch, I noticed the AC unit worked but the fan did not. No air blowing through the vents. When I went under the dash to see if I may have disconnected something I saw the connector and cannot locate where it belongs. I assume it is the connector for the AC fan, but have no idea where to reconnect it.

My local indy shop is closed and its about to rain. Remnants of Ericka.

If anyone can tell me where the connector goes or a picture I would be forever grateful!!!
Thanks for your time.
Cheers

Old 08-30-2015, 03:48 PM
cinellipro is on a distinguished road
Finally found where the connector goes. Now the green auto speed ready light on the speedometer works for the first time since I owned this car. However, the AC fan still does not work and neither do the front or rear windshield wipers. Checked the fuses and found nothing. The AC unit turns on, compressor turns on, radiator fans on, and all LEDs work, but no air going through the vents. I think it might be the ignition mechanism instead of just the switch.Frustrating. Off to my Indy.