996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

ABS/PSM dash lights always on.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2018, 10:20 PM
history19 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy ABS/PSM dash lights always on.

The ABS and PSM lights on the dash stay on all the time. Changed the brake pedal switch, but still on. Bled brakes, still on. Anyone else ever have this problem?

Old 02-09-2018, 10:23 AM
Barbnjason is an unknown quantity at this point
There are many reasons for this. Pedal switch, MAF, under underinflated tires, Wheel sensors.

So durmetric/ Porsche tool will tell you what is the source of the error without all the guessing and unneeded expensive part replacement.

When I was having this problem durmetric pointed to a front right speed sensor. Swapped it with the left and still said right was bad still so replaced harness and haven't had a problem since .

Old 02-09-2018, 09:06 PM
history19 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks. Durmetric hasn't pointed to any specific problem. Looks like a bad ABS Control Module. Still checking. BTW, checked pedal switch (not), tires (not), wheel sensors (not), and MAF (not). Again thanks for my sanity check.

Old 06-27-2018, 09:58 PM
Vltor is an unknown quantity at this point
Had same issue.

I put in a new battery and it went away. For good.

Old 06-28-2018, 07:08 AM
ZuffenZeus is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by history19
Thanks. Durmetric hasn't pointed to any specific problem. Looks like a bad ABS Control Module. Still checking. BTW, checked pedal switch (not), tires (not), wheel sensors (not), and MAF (not). Again thanks for my sanity check.
Curious, when you the car is running with the MIL showing, the Durametric doesn't recognize the malfunction? I would be closely examining the wiring and hoses associated with the ABS pump. I know this problem can show it's butt when other components (i.e. MAF) turn faulty, but I'm more of a practical technician I guess. hahaha... When I get a MIL, I physically look at all associated components and wiring associated with the faulty item and see if I can't see any signs (leaks, blown fuses, broken wires., etc.). I can't tell you how many times I've replaced a sensor or microswitch when it turned out to be a simple broken connection.

Good luck!