996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

ROW M030 and B&M finally!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2003, 09:11 PM
nova996 is infamous around these parts
ROW M030 and B&M finally!

Well, I finally got my car back with the RoW M030 installed. So far so good, but I haven't been able to push too hard because there are still patches of ice around here at night. But my initial impressions are good.

So then I decided to do my first real DIY on this car: the B&M shifter. Not too bad at all. Taking out the stock bushings is a bit time consuming. They suggest a knife and cutting each tab off. I ended up taking a dremel to the thing after 3 tabs! I'm not the most patient person in the world. Other than that, it went smoothly.

Shifting effort was a bit much when the car was cold, but after warming up it was fine. Honestly, I would have preferred a 20-25% throw reduction instead, but given the choice between this and stock, I'll take this.

The only screw up tonight was I broke the little tiny tabs off the mounting cover for my new sun visors. Oh well. Nothing a little double sided mounting tape couldn't fix. I like the new visors. The leatherette visors bothered me since I have the full leather interior. It always seems ironic to me that with all the leather in the car, the visors which I touch pretty often were leatherette. Plus they had those ugly warnings on both side. The visors I ordered don't have the warnings.

Overall, it's been a good week of improvements to the car. Exhaust is next, maybe. But I like the stock exhaust sound on the 03 so much, it seems a shame to rip it out.

Thanks to you all guys for the ordering and install tips!

Old 12-18-2003, 10:00 PM
Banned by Moderators
SANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura about
I used wire cutter pliers to cut the tabs off a knife took WAYYYY to long.

Old 12-19-2003, 12:41 AM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Nova, do you have any before and after pictures of your ROW030? I'd like to see how much it lowered your car.

Old 12-19-2003, 05:38 AM
Originally posted by Itzkirb
Hey Nova, do you have any before and after pictures of your ROW030? I'd like to see how much it lowered your car.
Sorry, I haven't gotten around to taking any pictures of my car yet. But I can tell you the lowering is very subtle. And that's what I was looking for, really. So I'm pretty happy with it. It may settle a bit more I guess.

Old 12-22-2003, 06:07 AM
Jenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud of
Nova where are those pics?!

Old 12-22-2003, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by jenner
Nova where are those pics?!
It's freaking cold outside!

Seriously, the minute it's over 50 degrees and I'm not at work, I'll take some pics.

Meanwhile, just look at your car. It's the same thing.

Old 12-23-2003, 08:22 AM
Jenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud of
Originally posted by nova996
Meanwhile, just look at your car. It's the same thing.
The same thing minus the lowered suspension! I am going to do suspension this spring and I want to see the ride height on the ROW 030 vs the GT3 ride height. Your pics would be a great help

Just don't forget me Nova!

Old 12-23-2003, 12:59 PM
doncapecod is infamous around these parts
Hey Nova, where did you order your leather visors from? Did you get a deal? Were they black or colored? Lots of questions. I've got a Cab and the visors look so cheap!

Old 12-23-2003, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by doncapecod
Hey Nova, where did you order your leather visors from? Did you get a deal? Were they black or colored? Lots of questions. I've got a Cab and the visors look so cheap!
I got them from Gert at Carnewal. They are black leather. But I think they're available in other colors for the same price.

Old 12-23-2003, 07:04 PM
doncapecod is infamous around these parts
Thanks Nova...Don