996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Focal 6.5" woofer in stock speaker door pod...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 01:37 PM
newport996 will become famous soon enoughnewport996 will become famous soon enough
I ran new speaker wires in the dash...pretty easy.....

Originally Posted by DJbrand1
Well, got all speakers in. Ended up using the little resistor off the stock tweeters to crossover the focals until I get a new amp and figure out how I am going to wire every thing up. Kind of don't want to cut up the factory wiring harness, but that means running all new speaker wires etc. Ended up diving into this rather then just a simple speaker replacement. The Focals sound way better then the stock hi-fi ones, however when you turn it up the subs still distort due to the amp I am hoping. I can't tell if the door panel is leaning up on the 6.5's or if they are ok.

Old 10-04-2006, 01:52 PM
DJbrand1 is on a distinguished road
Here's some pics of how I finally mounted everything. New speaker wire ran to the dash speakers, and bit the bullet and spliced into the factory harness for the rear speakers and door woofers. There's some factory holes in the metal below the hood latch, and I just ran some bolts through that into a piece of plexiglass I cut, and mounted the amp to that. Still need to tidy up the wires a bit for the crossovers, and relabel them just incase.