996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

pics of brake calipers painted

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 04:34 PM
miniporsche is on a distinguished road
pics of brake calipers painted

My car is being face lifted and should be done very soon. Very impressed with the brake job they've done.

Attached Images     
Old 08-26-2006, 04:40 PM
evo_333 will become famous soon enoughevo_333 will become famous soon enough
nice! The yellow calipers will look sharp. Are you getting anything else done?

Old 08-26-2006, 04:53 PM
jaded996 has a spectacular aura aboutjaded996 has a spectacular aura aboutjaded996 has a spectacular aura about
Looks great, that cool that they did it on the car. Thought you would have to take them off to have it done.

Old 08-26-2006, 06:22 PM
casper is just really nicecasper is just really nicecasper is just really nicecasper is just really nicecasper is just really nice
From my caliper painting experiences, I've always taken them off the car to paint them. But then again, i'm very particular about the finish. Still looks very good. btw did they also paint the bleeder valves?

Old 08-26-2006, 06:28 PM
adybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the rough
that would be a hot contrast

Old 08-26-2006, 06:51 PM
The shop recommend not to take the brake of the car because you will need to bleed the fluid after the job is done. They shot the paint in every angle possible since the car has been lifted high enough. It took them awhile to wrap everything up. I don't think they paint the bleeder valves.

Here's my list of the project:
-turbo front bumper with lip
-painted side markers
-litronics
-front fenders
-GT3 MK2 side rockers
-02+ rear bumper
-yellow brake calipers painted
-sports exhaust tips
-smoke tail lights
and some interior job.
Looking to get a pair of GT3 seats and 3 spoke all leather steering wheel.

Old 08-26-2006, 10:21 PM
82targa is on a distinguished road
I think Eli has some seats on eBay for sale now

Old 08-28-2006, 12:15 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 82targa
Thanks Targa but the seats are now SOLD!!!

Anyhow, I wondered why they didn't remove the calipers...... If they needed to flush the system then this would be a good time to. Just seems like a whole lot of work instead of pulling them off......

Take care and good luck,

-Eli

Old 08-29-2006, 01:42 PM
Originally Posted by FastForwardwheels
Thanks Targa but the seats are now SOLD!!!

Anyhow, I wondered why they didn't remove the calipers...... If they needed to flush the system then this would be a good time to. Just seems like a whole lot of work instead of pulling them off......

Take care and good luck,

-Eli
Oh well .it's too late now huh, but thanks guy, I will keep an eye for the next available pair.

Old 08-29-2006, 02:13 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by miniporsche
Oh well .it's too late now huh, but thanks guy, I will keep an eye for the next available pair.
Hope they hold up for you just as you would expect! They look great in the photos, remember to post up the photos once they are back on the ground!

Good Luck,

-Eli

Old 08-29-2006, 05:31 PM
jaded996 has a spectacular aura aboutjaded996 has a spectacular aura aboutjaded996 has a spectacular aura about
Whats everyones thoughts on caliper/car color? Do you think a Yellow car (Lambo pearl yellow) with yellow calipers would look good? Or do you think contrasting would be better, with something like red?

Last edited by jaded996; 08-29-2006 at 11:46 PM.
Old 08-29-2006, 07:03 PM
Former Vendor
Talking

Originally Posted by 82targa
THEY ARE UP FOR GRABS AGAIN!!!! The darn buyer backed out, I have a feeling that he was short on the funds but started with the 50 post-auction questions.

Let me know. . . .

-Eli

Old 08-31-2006, 05:46 PM
ChronoJ1 is on a distinguished road
It makes the car look brand new. Update us in about a year or two about how it's holding up. haha

Old 09-02-2006, 10:16 AM
icemann633 is on a distinguished road
Looks good!

Old 09-03-2006, 09:55 PM
teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !
What kind of paint are they using? I didn't think you could get high temp caliper paint in an aerosol can...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: pics of brake calipers painted