996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Schnell products?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 01:25 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Schnell products?

How are products made by Schnell? I am looking at a pair of headers by them and was wondering. anyone know anything about agency power as well?

Old 09-03-2006, 10:00 PM
teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !
Their products are basically Chinese made copies of other popular products on the market. I've heard mostly good things about them.

Why are you getting headers? They really don't do much (if anything) on the non-turbo 996 models...

Old 09-03-2006, 11:00 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by teflon_jones
Their products are basically Chinese made copies of other popular products on the market. I've heard mostly good things about them.

Why are you getting headers? They really don't do much (if anything) on the non-turbo 996 models...
you won't get thrown back in your seat, but the right headers do make horsepower. i have back to back dyno sheets that prove it. not sure if they all make the same power, but i picked up around 20HP in the upper midrange and 10 on top.

Old 09-03-2006, 11:08 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by deputydog95
you won't get thrown back in your seat, but the right headers do make horsepower. i have back to back dyno sheets that prove it. not sure if they all make the same power, but i picked up around 20HP in the upper midrange and 10 on top.
i think with the exhaust the header gains will only be better. what kind of headers do you have? i might just pair my gemballa exhaust with gemballa headers.

Old 09-04-2006, 02:42 AM
teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !
What headers was this with? What did you do between the dyno tests? Just swap the headers? Remap the ECU? I'm curious what you did to get that kind of difference. How much TQ did you lose in the low end of the RPM range?

Old 09-04-2006, 03:22 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
i'm using the suncoast motorsports headers with the cargraphic export mufflers.

we did a dyno run first thing in the am. took the car down the street and had the headers installed. immediately drove it back down the road and dyno'd again the same day.

i imagine the gains would probalby have been even better had i let the ECU adjust. no other changes besides swapping the actual headers. i only drove it about a half mile from the install shop back to the dyno.

there was a slight dip in the low rpm range. that is the tradeoff with exhaust tuning as you can't really get more on top without losing some on the bottom. these cars can't get out of their own way below 4K anyway so it didn't really bother me.

the guys that designed the suncoast headers really put a lot of time and effort into these headers. they are specifically tuned to get the results that i obtained. i was told exactly what it would dyno out to before i put them on, and sure enough they did...

it is my understanding that EVO liked them so much that they carry them now.

Old 09-04-2006, 12:30 PM
Banned
skibum has much to be proud ofskibum has much to be proud ofskibum has much to be proud ofskibum has much to be proud ofskibum has much to be proud ofskibum has much to be proud ofskibum has much to be proud ofskibum has much to be proud of
I have the Agency Power headers on mine. Fit and finish is perfect and they sound nice too.

Old 09-04-2006, 01:28 PM
i should have mentioned that the mufflers were on the car for the before and after runs. the only thing we installed/changed were the headers themselves.

Old 09-04-2006, 01:41 PM
D-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud of
PC4,
As mentioned before, I too have the GEMBALLA power kit that includes all GEMBALLA components: Headers, 100 Cell Euro cats (connected in a X-pipe configuration), mufflers (which are actually have the same part number as my stock OEM GT3 mufflers, with the exception that the pipe diameter is 1/4" wider).
Confirming w/Dep Dog, did experience same trade off in power delivery and tq. when initially installed. This was with pipe only and K&N replacement filter.
With GIAC reflash, regained lost mid range power and tq. Overall, power delivery now feels closer to the stock (more linear) but, fatter all around. Dyno'd only after power kit install and GIAC reflash, very satisfied with results. This would be my best guess where the HP came from:
GEMBALLA power kit: 25HP
GIAC: 10HP
Total tq: 31
Hope this helps in your quest for more power. At the very least, it will sound great!

Old 09-04-2006, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by D-UberCars
PC4,
As mentioned before, I too have the GEMBALLA power kit that includes all GEMBALLA components: Headers, 100 Cell Euro cats (connected in a X-pipe configuration), mufflers (which are actually have the same part number as my stock OEM GT3 mufflers, with the exception that the pipe diameter is 1/4" wider).
Confirming w/Dep Dog, did experience same trade off in power delivery and tq. when initially installed. This was with pipe only and K&N replacement filter.
With GIAC reflash, regained lost mid range power and tq. Overall, power delivery now feels closer to the stock (more linear) but, fatter all around. Dyno'd only after power kit install and GIAC reflash, very satisfied with results. This would be my best guess where the HP came from:
GEMBALLA power kit: 25HP
GIAC: 10HP
Total tq: 31
Hope this helps in your quest for more power. At the very least, it will sound great!
Ok guys, I just installed the Gemballa exhaust and tips. Its looks fantastic! The only question i have is this. upon starting up the car and driving into town and back, there is a slight burning smell. Is this normal? are the parts just warming up and getting used to the other parts on the system because of less back pressure etc?
By the way, I can feel a slight power and better throttle response already! It sounds throatier at idle and through low rpms. when you hit prob 5k rpm plus, it just SINGS! it sounds phenomenal, and thats an understatement. so far i am very very very very very happy with it.

Old 09-04-2006, 06:32 PM
Banned
skibum has much to be proud ofskibum has much to be proud ofskibum has much to be proud ofskibum has much to be proud ofskibum has much to be proud ofskibum has much to be proud ofskibum has much to be proud ofskibum has much to be proud of
the smell and some smoke is normal. It is the heat burning off the oil and coating from the pipes.

Old 09-05-2006, 01:26 AM
i couldn't feel the midrange/top end power increase or the low rpm decrease at all. 10-20 HP isn't much on a 300 HP car. the only way i knew i gained power was the dyno reading.

Old 09-05-2006, 10:20 AM
i couldn't feel the midrange/top end power increase or the low rpm decrease at all. 10-20 HP isn't much on a 300 HP car. the only way i knew i gained power was the dyno reading.
The thing that i feel it like a little hiccup high in the rpm range, about 5k rpms and then it picks up again full force. anyone else experience this?

Old 09-05-2006, 01:38 PM
that's the variocam kicking in. it starts around 4500 or so. you can clearly see the dip and the rise on the dyno chart, even on a bone stock car. it might feel more pronounced after the exhaust because you can hear the engine better. guess it's porsche' version of Vtec

Old 09-05-2006, 02:18 PM
that's the variocam kicking in. it starts around 4500 or so. you can clearly see the dip and the rise on the dyno chart, even on a bone stock car. it might feel more pronounced after the exhaust because you can hear the engine better. guess it's porsche' version of Vtec
Yea thats what ive been told. theres a dip there but with the exhaust it seems to pick up even more after installing the exhaust. i gotta say though, although they only give minimal hp and tq, the little bit you get is nice and the weight savings is good too. as far as the sound, I LOVE IT, and i liked the way it sounded stock, but this just kicks it up a level or two. it screams 5K and over and couldnt sound better.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Schnell products?